• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Isn't he much stronger than multi-continent?

We tend to use actual calculated feats over guide books.

"Avoid trying to upgrade Saitama to Star level based on statements from the databook. It has been discussed repeatedly that there are two translations for the Japanese word µÿƒ (Hoshi). It can mean either Planet or Star, and the former is far more consistent with the events of the story and Saitama's own statements. "

Weren't we supposed to do away with the verse specific discussion rules? more or less?

Well, this one was about Boros "shaving the Earth". It might be good if we avoid misunderstandings that he can destroy planets as well.

Oh yeah, we have one against Star level, not one against being back to Planet level.

Andytrenom said:
Weren't we supposed to do away with the verse specific discussion rules? more or less?
No, but Assaltwaffle intends to reformat them when he finds the time.

I don't think a discussion rule should be added. Would be better to just add a note on his page.

Yeah, AssaltWaffle was going to make a blog listing all the repeatedly debunked issues that tie in to the do not bring up repeatedly debunked topics rule.

@Andytrenom

That may be a better solution, yes. Feel free to do so, if you wish.

I am not sure. Maybe Therefir is able to help?

Though in this type of threads, people mainly want to upgrade Boros to Star level, so we just have to put both in the note.

If people make this kind of threads, they obviously didn't read the rules, anyway we're discussing meaningless things, you can put only Planet level if you want.

So, is somebody willing to add the footnote to the profile page?

Can I honest. I don't think the current note should be added.

I would prefer if it just gives a brief explanation on why he isn't considered 5-B instead of going straight into telling people not to create revision threads.

How about something like this?

"The databook statements which describe Boros to be capable of ruining the surface of a planet may alternatively be translated to mean he is capable of destroying the planet itself. However going by the proper usage of the terms used in the the statement, the first translation would be the correct one, so he is accordingly rated at High 6-A instead to 5-B."

Maybe someone can try to refine this a bit if needed.

I think that this should be fine to add:

"The databook statements that describes Boros as capable of ruining the surface of a planet, has also been translated to mean that he is capable of destroying the planet itself. However, going by the proper usage of the terms used in the the statement, the first translation has been evaluated to be correct. As such, Boros is rated as High 6-A rather than 5-B."

Antvasima's proposal seems fine, but I think there should be a link to the thread that explains why the first translation is the correct one.

Therefir said:
Antvasima's proposal seems fine, but I think there should be a link to the thread that explains what is the correct translation.
That shouldn't be much of a problem.

And yeah I think this note sounds good.

The first link refers to the anime version and the translation of the second link was debunked by Kepekley.

Is the anime different enough from the manga to warrant separate profiles for these versions of Boros and Saitama?

The only other difference between Anime and Manga OPM is that Tatsumaki can pull rocks from space, which was a mistake by the animation team according to Murata.

Okay, so Garou and Saitama have not been stated to be planet level in the anime?

Back