• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Isekai Maou Cosmology and Diablo CRT

(EDIT: For the sake of brevity I have changed this CRT to just cover the Cosmology. I will leave the link to the updated Diablo profile for those that want to familiarize themselves before we move on to the next thread which will likely be Diablo's AP for each key. For now, please keep discussion limited to the Cosmology.)

This has been a long time coming, and I’ve put it off for long enough. So much new information has come out with the last few volumes that Diablo’s current profile feels like a disservice. Most of my evidence and scaling is based on the official translation of the light novels, since I own all of them and had to put them to good use, but I’ve taken some images from the manga as well. Admittedly I am new at this, so feel free to disagree with any of my scaling, all I’m really trying to do is gather all the relevant evidence. This CRT will cover all the changes to Diablo’s profile, and the cosmology of the verse, because previously there wasn’t really any, and deciding on its scaling will determine the tier of top tiers like Emperor Gelmed and Demon Lord Form Diablo. I plan on making a future CRT for all the other characters who need updates, but getting this out of the way first will be a good baseline.

First off, we have to establish the cosmology, and oh boy is there a lot to go over. Prior to the latest few volumes, we only had a general sense that alternate worlds besides Diablo’s own probably exist, but not much more was known at the time. Now however, we have definitive statements including context from the original kanji that give a far more precise understanding of the verse’s cosmological structure. Unfortunately, much of this isn’t as explicit as one would expect, hence why I had to find the original kanji scans for certain clarifications. But thanks to that, I believe the author has a very clear image of their verse’s structure. Here are my drafted pages for Diablo and the verse's cosmology, everything in these should line up with the claims and evidence provided in this thread, and of course will be subject to change as we iron out some of the more exact scaling for certain attributes:

Diablo Updated Profile vs Diablo Current Profile

Isekai Maou Cosmology

To start, I’ll break down the dimensionality of the verse, as well as all of the relevant evidence.

Alternate Worlds

The building blocks of the Isekai Maou verse, alternate worlds serve as far more than just fantastical planets. Each “world” represents an entirely distinct space-time continuum, and thus includes the physical universe it resides in. These worlds also include their own karmic dimensions, and while Buddhism has multiple heavenly and hellish dimensions, no specification is made in Maou, so I assume there to be one hell and heaven dimension each. There is also a dimension of summon beasts, as it’s known in verse that these beasts are being summoned “from another world”, however it’s from a lower vertical karmic dimension rather than a separate horizontal macrocosm that contains its own karmic dimensions. This is why Celestine immediately doubts Rem’s claim that she summoned a demon lord from another world. Such a thing isn’t possible, as each macrocosm only has one demon lord and one God. Diablo, while not technically an actual demon lord, was still transported by a means only possible with the assistance of a God. Summon beasts can be summoned by anyone with the relevant class levels, and going in line with Buddhist cosmology, one can normally only interact with karmic dimensions below their own, explaining my placement of the summon beast realm below the realm of the races.

• Klem mentions “salvation” and Hell.
  • Noah describes how the girl of the vessel functions and the Church’s teachings on reincarnation.
  • Klem states that Gelmed paid the price of “a thousand incarnations”, but the original kanji shows this as 輪廻, specified as “rinne” by the furigana, which literally means Samsara or the Buddhist transmigration of souls.
  • Celestine tells Rem that she's never heard of a demon lord existing in another world.
  • Shera tells Rem that Diablo being summoned from another world qualifies him as a summoned beast. (World in this case refers to another dimension in their macrocosm and not an entirely different macrocosm like Diablo is actually from)

The Interstice Between Worlds

This is the realm that encompasses all of the alternate worlds in the Isekai Maou verse. It is visualized as being a black void like outer space filled with countless specks of light that look like stars. I see this as a representation of the Buddhist universe model on a multiversal scale, as a cakkavāla is a single solar system with its own corresponding karmic dimensions. Thus the appearance of the “multiverse” looking like a universe of stars makes far more sense than a literal single universe interpretation. The description of there being “countless” worlds and universes isn’t enough to say there are an infinite amount, but when the original kanji used is 三千大千世界, or “Sanzen Daisen Sekai”, literally meaning “Three Thousand Great Worlds”, it becomes obvious that the author is referring to the Buddhist cosmological model. This model is built around the cakkavāla and the increasingly larger collective sets that they comprise. To quote wikipedia, the Buddhist horizontal cosmology is: “the distribution of these world-systems into an infinite sheet of existential dimensions included in the cycle of samsara”. This is my primary reason for scaling the Interstice Between Worlds and the totality of its infinite universes as 2-A. The Interstice is also the place that spells like Gravity Abyss and Naraku banish their victims to. This realm is even used for means of temporary storage as we learn from Sylvie's otherworldy crystal that stores people in the Interstice, and the Empire of Gelmed storing Magimatic Sols in the "dimensional interstice".

(EDIT: New information which is broken down in the replies shows that the Spear of Helvetia is described as such in the original Kanji:

"此は運命律を歪曲できる《ヘルヴェティアの槍》―異なる世界から持ちこまれた、定められし無限 記憶に縛られぬ超越魔法具。"

The literal translation of this is as follows: "The "Spear of Helvetia" - a transcendent magical tool brought from another world, unbound by memories of a predetermined infinity, capable of distorting the rules of destiny."

The phrasing of "predetermined infinity" is in reference to all the worlds of the Interstice, which should cement the Interstice as being 2-A. The kanji for infinite/infinity (無限) is explicitly used, unlike previous vaguer references to the scale of verse such as "countless".)

• Klem states that the “world” exists in a stream of countless possibilities.
  • Gelmed mentions Klem’s knowledge of the “countless worlds and universes
  • When casting her {Gravity Abyss} against Gelmed, Noah says she’s sending him to the “void between worlds”, which is most likely the Interstice Between Worlds.
  • Noah remarks during Gelmed’s return after being hit by her {Gravity abyss} that the hole he re-enters from might be a hole to another world, as well as being the same phenomenon as {Gravity Abyss}, except much larger.
  • Sylvie tells Diablo that her crystal traps people in the ‘Interstice’.
  • Aira tells Doriadanph that the damaged Magimatic Sol, Arjanos of the Silver, is being stored in the 'dimensional interstice'.
  • Diablo remarks about the void they’ve begun flying through, and Klem tells him that if the summoning fails they will fall into the Interstice Between Worlds.
  • The discrepancy between the timing of Noah’s reincarnation and Diablo’s summoning show that this world and their original world operate within separate space-time continuums.
  • Travel between alternate worlds is only possible via a Corridor, which can only be accessed via divine miracle.

The White Place/Corridor Between Worlds

Transcending the Interstice Between Worlds, the White Place is an infinite non-existent realm where one exists in half-spirit form, and is the only known way to travel to other worlds. Few ever step foot in this place, as the only way of accessing it is via divine miracles. Any outsider who was summoned or reincarnated into another world traveled through the White Place in the process of their summoning, however they don’t seem to remember the experience until present in the realm once again. Should someone die while in the White Place, their soul will be trapped outside the cycle of Samsara, wandering the infinite empty world for eternity. Along with being qualitatively superior to the Interstice, the White Place is physically demonstrated to be “above” the Interstice, as when Diablo accepts the summon, the “floor” disappears from beneath his feet and he falls into and begins to fly through the Interstice along with Klem. Based on this, the White Place serves as essentially a shortcut through the infinite multiverse. Those who are summoned enter the realm, and are then deposited in the local region of the Interstice where their destination world resides, whereupon the summoning spell carries them the rest of the way as shown with Diablo and Klem. I believe this warrants it to be a tier above the Interstice, but if it doesn't qualify for low 1-C I'd understand.
  • The aptly named White Place is an endless silent white realm with no discernable floor, walls, or ceiling.
  • The White place functions as a corridor with access to the infinite alternate worlds of the verse, however one can only access a given world if they receive a summoning.
  • All outsiders have traveled through the White Place before.
  • Narrator Diablo states the White place is a “world of frozen time”.
  • Klem describes the Corridor as a “nonexistent place”.
  • Klem realizes that she and Diablo are in “half-spirit form” after noting their lack of battle wounds or hunger.

Overall Cosmology

The overall structure of the verse is predominantly Buddhist in nature, but there is still a significant Christian influence. Each universe has its own primary world, similar to the Earth in Christian theology. This explains the similarity of humanlike races across the alternate worlds, as they were made “in God’s image” (God is shown to be a child sized humanoid). Further parallels to Christianity can be seen with Rem being the Girl of Vessel, an allusion to the Virgin Mary as Gelmed says himself by calling her “Holy Mother”, as well as the mention of saints. There’s even a reference that suggests God once walked the Earth and created bread and wine, so it’s possible that even Jesus is a constant across universes. Each world has its own respective God and Demon Lord equivalent, and while they may differ in appearance, they represent the same primordial constants across every macrocosm. This also explains Klem’s statement of their world existing in a stream of countless possibilities. They all share the same origin and structure, having two primordial beings, one of light, the other of dark, but their respective futures differ. While the alternate worlds may operate on the same fundamentals, they are distinct realities on the level where Diablo and Klem’s magic simply doesn’t work once they first arrived in a new world. Yet while augmenting the summoning spell to include Klem, Diablo remarked how it was similar to his own, and shared the same fundamentals. It would also seem that fate exists in the Maou verse, and the futures of all the Gods and Demon Lords are already ordained. Gelmed’s use of the {Lance of Helvetia} was said to “change God’s future”, so it can be assumed that while not every future is one where God survives, none of them are meant to be ones where they are killed by a mortal. At the very end of the latest volume, Mariabelle tells Diablo about the Demon Star Manuscript, a tome handed down by her world’s God detailing the past and future of their world, which cements the idea of fate/destiny in verse. It also serves my idea of Diablo having type 4 Acausality, as the series has implied that outsiders operate outside the rules of magic, and also seem capable of “changing the future”. In my boredom I whipped up a beautiful representation of the verse’s cosmology in MS Paint which will conclude this section of the CRT.

Tiering
  • Each alternate “World” includes the totality of its physical universe as well as its corresponding karmic dimensions, making them 2-C as they’re composed of 4 space-time continuums.
  • The Interstice Between Worlds and the totality of its countably infinite macrocosms scale to 2-A.
  • The White Place/Corridor Between Worlds scales to 2-A for being relative to the Interstice. (I still believe the White Place to be dimensionally superior to the Interstice, currently waiting to see if those who disagreed with the initial Low 1-C scaling was because they didn't agree with an infinite Interstice or if they think the White Place isn't dimensionally superior to the Interstice)

=========================================================================================================

(Please note as mentioned at the start of the thread, this CRT is only covering the Cosmology. Please agree or disagree only on that basis as everything else will be discussed in future threads)

Agree:
Spectra_Schiffer, Mizuki67, henryzx900ruly, ProfectusInfinity

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I feel like this should probably be more then 1 CRT. Like one for the cosmology, one for the abilities, one for the speed scaling etc. This is way too much for anyone to digest without tapping out.
Ya, I think you should rename this as Part 1, handle the Cosmology, and then make a Part 2, 3, etc.
That's fair enough. It is quite a lot of content but most of it like his equipment and abilities are pretty straightforward. I'll rename this to just the cosmology for now and move on to Diablo's profile after.

(EDIT: For the sake of brevity I have changed this CRT to just cover the Cosmology. I will leave all of the Diablo related parts below for those that want to familiarize themselves before we move on to the next thread which will likely be Diablo's AP for each key. For now, please keep discussion limited to the Cosmology.)
Amongst the sea of text, I don't think many will notice this, especially when they see how long the scroll bar is. It would probably be best to cut everything under the Cosmology Explanation, save it in a draft or sandbox, and then post it in Part 2, a separate CRT. There's no real reason to keep it in this CRT if it's not going to be discussed after all.

If you want This CRT accessed then i advise you to delete some things and focus on cosmology upgrade first
Mods barely have time to check CRT's let alone one that is this Long

Amongst the sea of text, I don't think many will notice this, especially when they see how long the scroll bar is. It would probably be best to cut everything under the Cosmology Explanation, save it in a draft or sandbox, and then post it in Part 2, a separate CRT. There's no real reason to keep it in this CRT if it's not going to be discussed after all.
I moved the disclaimer to the top but you raise a good point. I'll leave the link to my updated Diablo profile for anyone who wants to see the updates that will be discussed in threads after this, but I'll cut everything after the cosmology.

What Translation did you use, it still spells out countless or even "Thousand" in some translations
Don't use MTL that's crap, is there any other source?, try contacting a TL mod

What Translation did you use, it still spells out countless or even "Thousand" in some translations
Don't use MTL that's crap, is there any other source?, try contacting a TL mod
All of the English translations are from the official physical light novels, plus some from the kindle app but they are the exact same. Images from the manga are not official translations, but I only use them for visual feats and defer to the official LN when it comes to statements. No MTL translations were used. The exact terminology in the original Japanese kanji used for the "countless worlds and universes" line was "Sanzen Daisen Sekai", which as I said translates literally as "Three Thousand Great Worlds". The official English translation being "countless worlds and universes" is more of a cultural/language localization thing because there's no way to say "the Buddhist cosmology" in English without it being literal. There are far less convoluted ways to simply say "countless worlds" in kanji than explicitly using this Buddhist terminology. If you think this is a reach, the fact that the kanji used to express "incarnations/reincarnations" has furigana specifying that the kanji is referring to "Rinne" or specifically the Buddhist transmigration of souls kind of hammers home what the author is going for.

Here's the direct translation I'm referencing btw.

Last edited:
I'm headed to sleep so I'll leave this here in case more questions related to it are brought up. There should be absolutely no issues with translations. The only translations that aren't directly from the licensed material are the direct translations of the kanji which are necessary given the vagueness of the official English translation in this specific sentence. I don't think it should be a question that the verse is heavily designed around the Buddhist cosmology, and thus has infinite universes. The only aspect regarding the cosmology that's relevant to scaling that I'm not 100% certain of is if the White Place qualifies as low 1-C. Hopefully that clears things up until I'm back.

Not seeing Low 1-C here, and you can't scale to actual Buddhist cosmology because it references and is based on it, you need those infinite statements to come from the series itself.

I will never be free of this torment. It really is Samsara, the cycle of people trying to upgrade their verses based on Buddhism. Like how it is 2/2 for a verse being scaled based on Buddhist conceptions yet these verses still have a Capital "G" GOD.

Also, when quoting anything about Buddhism or quoting anything in general... can we stop using Wikipedia like its a credible source.

I will never be free of this torment. It really is Samsara, the cycle of people trying to upgrade their verses based on Buddhism. Like how it is 2/2 for a verse being scaled based on Buddhist conceptions yet these verses still have a Capital "G" GOD.

Also, when quoting anything about Buddhism or quoting anything in general... can we stop using Wikipedia like its a credible source.
I mean, I kind of go into it when I describe how the verse is a mix of Christian and Buddhist influence. Each universe or world has a capital "G" God, but that doesn't take away from the Buddhist structure. Also I'm not trying to squeeze out an upgrade, I've been pouring over this series for weeks now and anything short of infinite worlds feels like a bigger leap in logic than to say infinite. I could be wrong regarding some kind of scaling rule, but this series was written by a Japanese person for a Japanese audience that knows Buddhist terminology far more than an American or foreign audience. Hence why the literal translation "Three thousand great worlds" becomes "Countless worlds and universes" in English, because there's no English term to get the idea of "The universe according to Buddhism" across besides saying that. So if I'm a Japanese person and I read "Sanzen Daisen Sekai", I'm not thinking "a large but finite amount of universes", it obviously means the infinite sheet of world systems (Cakkavala).

When Diablo and Klem are flying through the Interstice Between Worlds as a part of their summoning, the Interstice is described as a black void filled with stars, which is exactly how the Buddhist "multiverse" appears. If we ignore the direct reference to Buddhism then this entire verse becomes universal and the Interstice is actually just outer space, but there's so many factors that would contradict this. Gelmed, a person who wielded the power of God, described all of existence as "Sanzen Diasen Sekai", so either he's saying there's only three thousand worlds/universes, or he's referring to the cosmology as described by Buddhism.

Also, the way Klem describes their world as existing in a stream of countless possibilities, this implies that other worlds are alternate versions of each other, representing branching possibilities. Is there any instance of a similar multiverse which functions like this where it isn't at least countably infinite?

I guess if you reject this logic, how would you scale the Interstice and the universes it contains?

Last edited:
Make Diablo's new profile have some references for Pete's sake!

I also ain't seeing Low 1-C here.
Fair enough, what are your thoughts on an infinite amount of universes in the Interstice? Also I have all the references for Diablo's profile there's just some calcs I need to finish before I add them and start the next CRT.

Last edited:
Not seeing Low 1-C here, and you can't scale to actual Buddhist cosmology because it references and is based on it, you need those infinite statements to come from the series itself.
I'm totally fine throwing out low 1-C and scaling the White Place to the Interstice, but if you refer to my other reply I go over why it makes no sense for the Interstice to be anything less than 2-A. It isn't just references to Buddhism, that was a bit of a misnomer on my part, the author directly invokes it. How would you interpret "Sanzen Daisen Sekai" or "Three thousand great worlds" without it being the Buddhist cosmology? Do we say there are literally 3000 universes?

I don't know what to think about it

Keep in mind, I rarely touch on cosmology shenanigans unless I apsolutely have to and I'm here to review Diablo's profile
Got it, I'm going to be posting a speed CRT while we iron out the cosmology, so I imagine you'll drop in for that.

Another thing to note, is your disagreement with the low 1-C ranking for the White Place because you don't believe the Interstice contains infinite universes, or because you don't believe the White Place is qualitatively superior to the Interstice? Or both?

Currently waiting on some Translation Helpers to get back to me regarding the interpretation of "三千大千世界". I do believe my initial interpretation was correct, and that the disagreement was because I poorly phrased the exact context. More importantly, I've found another instance in the original kanji that would support an infinite Interstice with infinite worlds, one that counts regardless of any Buddhist terminology.

The Lance of Helvetia is described as this in the official English translation: "This is the Lance of Helvetia, capable of distorting the laws of destiny. An Adh Artifact unfettered by the bounds of Akasha, that was brought here from another world."

Now for the longest time I've been bothered by this description, particularly the part "An Adh Artifact unfettered by the bounds of Akasha" because on it's own that gives little understanding. However, after examining the original kanji, I've realized that it provides exactly the information that we needed.

此は運命律を歪曲できる《ヘルヴェティアの槍》―異なる世界から持ちこまれた、定められし無限 記憶に縛られぬ超越魔法具。

Here is the literal translation of the line: "The "Spear of Helvetia" - a transcendent magical tool brought from another world, unbound by memories of a predetermined infinity, capable of distorting the rules of destiny."

The kanji for infinite/infinity (無限) is explicitly used here, and this lines up exactly with Klems earlier statement: "This world exists in a stream of countless possibilities. There are futures where this one is free to do as it pleases, and some where it's reduced to a mutilated body."

So the phrase "predetermined infinity" is referring to the countless possible futures across the multiverse that are "predetermined", which would confirm that "countless" means infinite in this context. This is all further reinforced with the initial phrase of discussion "Sanzen Daisen Sekai", which is used to describe the infinite Buddhist cosmology. Now there is no issue of references or influences, because we have infinite scaling outside of just comparing it to Buddhism.

@Everything12 @Udlmaster @Jozaysmith?

Is this enough evidence for you accept infinite scaling for the Interstice? Or would you rather wait for TH's to give input?

I wanted to actually respond to you, to be more fair than my simple disagreement, which is only frustrating and no one learns anything, so I'll say this:

Thus the appearance of the “multiverse” looking like a universe of stars makes far more sense than a literal single universe interpretation. The description of there being “countless” worlds and universes isn’t enough to say there are an infinite amount, but when the original kanji used is 三千大千世界, or “Sanzen Daisen Sekai”, literally meaning “Three Thousand Great Worlds”
The issue is, is that the Thousand-Fold World system of Buddhism isn't a universal thing in Buddhist sects, some dismiss the entire cosmology as analogy, Mt. Sumeru being an analogy of the mind and all things circling it, the Worldly Gods; Asura, Deva and Heavenly beings rest at its base, middle and top respectively and the higher Heavens (Loka) resting above Sumeru.

I wouldn't predicate any argument based on a very broad idea from Buddhism, likewise, I wouldn't take any reference to it to mean much anyway, what I find more persuasive are the scans that aren't about the Thousand-Fold world system.

I find references such as this more persuasive, and I can only advise you to come at it from that angle and drop the angle from Buddhism's trichiliocosm, especially because the trichiliocosm is extremely complex and isn't just "A multiverse".

I wanted to actually respond to you, to be more fair than my simple disagreement, which is only frustrating and no one learns anything, so I'll say this:

The issue is, is that the Thousand-Fold World system of Buddhism isn't a universal thing in Buddhist sects, some dismiss the entire cosmology as analogy, Mt. Sumeru being an analogy of the mind and all things circling it, the Worldly Gods; Asura, Deva and Heavenly beings rest at its base, middle and top respectively and the higher Heavens (Loka) resting above Sumeru.

I wouldn't predicate any argument based on a very broad idea from Buddhism, likewise, I wouldn't take any reference to it to mean much anyway, what I find more persuasive are the scans that aren't about the Thousand-Fold world system.

I find references such as this more persuasive, and I can only advise you to come at it from that angle and drop the angle from Buddhism's trichiliocosm, especially because the trichiliocosm is extremely complex and isn't just "A multiverse".
I understand all of this, but my angle of approach was more so "What is the author trying to convey by using this phrase over something more straightforward?"

The Buddhist reference on its own isn't enough to say anything, but when you combine it with other statements and descriptions of the Interstice, I think an infinite amount of alternate worlds becomes far more likely. I believe the "unbound by memories of a predetermined infinity" line is what sells this even if you take the thousand-fold world system terminology out of the equation.

The Lance of Helvetia is described as this in the official English translation: "This is the Lance of Helvetia, capable of distorting the laws of destiny. An Adh Artifact unfettered by the bounds of Akasha, that was brought here from another world."

Now for the longest time I've been bothered by this description, particularly the part "An Adh Artifact unfettered by the bounds of Akasha" because on it's own that gives little understanding. However, after examining the original kanji, I've realized that it provides exactly the information that we needed.

此は運命律を歪曲できる《ヘルヴェティアの槍》―異なる世界から持ちこまれた、定められし無限 記憶に縛られぬ超越魔法具。

Here is the literal translation of the line: "The "Spear of Helvetia" - a transcendent magical tool brought from another world, unbound by memories of a predetermined infinity, capable of distorting the rules of destiny."

The kanji for infinite/infinity (無限) is explicitly used here, and this lines up exactly with Klems earlier statement: "This world exists in a stream of countless possibilities. There are futures where this one is free to do as it pleases, and some where it's reduced to a mutilated body."

So the phrase "predetermined infinity" is referring to the countless possible futures across the multiverse that are "predetermined", which would confirm that "countless" means infinite in this context. This is all further reinforced with the initial phrase of discussion "Sanzen Daisen Sekai", which is used to describe the infinite Buddhist cosmology. Now there is no issue of references or influences, because we have infinite scaling outside of just comparing it to Buddhism.
Not sure if you looked at this new reply before posting, but here it is. Hopefully the TH comes through tomorrow and settles this on the end of author intent with his choice of kanji and phrasing.

Took a long break from this after things kind of stalled out. But after my last update which included the line of "unbound by memories of a predetermined infinity", I believe there is now enough evidence to conclude that the Interstice and the number of worlds (macrocosms) it contains is at least countably infinite. I've yet to have anyone address this new information, so I'd like to know if I'm on the right track. Things kind of got off track arguing over the usage of "Sanzen Daisen Sekai", but that is no longer the strongest evidence for my current scaling, and in fact further supports this new evidence and how I've interpreted it.

@Everything12 @Udlmaster @Jozaysmith?

Would really appreciate your feedback and to see if we can get this CRT finished up so I can move on to other sections of Diablo's profile.

Not seeing any low 1c here. The rest looks good though.
The scaling of the White Place really has no bearing on the tiering of any characters so I'm fine with having it equivalent to the Interstice. I'm curious why you don't think the White Place is dimensionally superior though. It allows people to access any place in the infinite interstice, and is qualitatively superior to the Interstice as well. What is it lacking to be dimensionally superior to the Interstice is a better question. Also I'll consider your vote added assuming the White Place remains 2-A.

The scaling of the White Place really has no bearing on the tiering of any characters so I'm fine with having it equivalent to the Interstice. I'm curious why you don't think the White Place is dimensionally superior though. It allows people to access any place in the infinite interstice, and is qualitatively superior to the Interstice as well. What is it lacking to be dimensionally superior to the Interstice is a better question. Also I'll consider your vote added assuming the White Place remains 2-A.
that would just be 2A range since they are shortcuts to other worlds. I just don't see anything that put the place as a higher dimension. It is just another strange place were time is frozen and no concept of direction that is all. It is likely referring to a place were space-time is non existent

Last edited:
that would just be 2A range since they are shortcuts to other worlds. I just don't see anything that put the place as a higher dimension. It is just another strange place were time is frozen and no concept of direction that is all. It is likely referring to a place were space-time is non existent
Fair enough. I simply believed that being able to access any given point in an infinite dimension (the Interstice) without having to travel any physical distance in the White Place would make it dimensionally superior. My knowledge on how these higher tiered cosmologies are scaled is far from perfect so I'm willing to admit my ignorance on the topic.

I simply believed that being able to access any given point in an infinite dimension (the Interstice) without having to travel any physical distance in the White Place would make it dimensionally superior.
That kind of dimensional travel could be chalked up to the realm's spatial properties. If you can elaborate on that in a way that explicitly proves that the size/mass/volume of the normal universes within this space containing them is zero or infinitesimal, there'd be grounds for a dimensional gap. Are there any other statements on the size of universes within these spaces? Are there statements that would imply a reality>fiction relationship like viewing the rest of creation as a dream or illusion?

That kind of dimensional travel could be chalked up to the realm's spatial properties. If you can elaborate on that in a way that explicitly proves that the size/mass/volume of the normal universes within this space containing them is zero or infinitesimal, there'd be grounds for a dimensional gap. Are there any other statements on the size of universes within these spaces? Are there statements that would imply a reality>fiction relationship like viewing the rest of creation as a dream or illusion?
I don't believe there's any indication of a reality>fiction relationship between the Interstice and the White Place. The Interstice contains a countably infinite number of "worlds" which are macrocosms consisting of 4 distinct space-time continuums. Being in the White Place allows you to to instantly travel to any point of the infinite Interstice without having to travel any distance in the White Place itself, assuming you receive a summoning. Like I said, I'm fine with the Interstice and White Place being relative, but do you agree with all the other scaling assuming the White Place remains 2-A for being at least relative to the Interstice?

I don't believe there's any indication of a reality>fiction relationship between the Interstice and the White Place. The Interstice contains a countably infinite number of "worlds" which are macrocosms consisting of 4 distinct space-time continuums. Being in the White Place allows you to to instantly travel to any point of the infinite Interstice without having to travel any distance in the White Place itself, assuming you receive a summoning. Like I said, I'm fine with the Interstice and White Place being relative, but do you agree with all the other scaling assuming the White Place remains 2-A for being at least relative to the Interstice?
The phrasing of "predetermined infinity" is in reference to all the worlds of the Interstice, which should cement the Interstice as being 2-A. The kanji for infinite/infinity (無限) is explicitly used, unlike previous vaguer references to the scale of verse such as "countless".)
Could you elaborate on why the Spear of Helvetia's statement is in reference to the worlds of the Interstice or something along those lines?

Could you elaborate on why the Spear of Helvetia's statement is in reference to the worlds of the Interstice or something along those lines?
Sure. As I showed in I think two different examples, fate/destiny exists in the Maou universe. Each respective alternate world has it's own predetermined past, present and future, that's why the Spear of Helvetia is so important because it's capable of distorting those laws of destiny. Klem states verbatim that God's future was changed when Gelmed killed him with the Spear of Helvetia, so when the Kanji says that it is a weapon "unbound by memories of a predetermined infinity", it's another way of saying that it's disconnected from the predetermined timeline of events on an infinite scale, because it could change the future of any of the alternate worlds. I don't think "predetermined infinity" could be referring to anything else but the macrocosms that make up the Maou verse. Klem has also already stated that their world exists within a "stream of countless possibilities", the usage of "predetermined infinity" just gives context to "countless" meaning "infinite". If you have any other possible interpretation I'd be down to hear it, but I can't think of any that would make sense in the face of all the other statements we have regarding the cosmology of the verse.

Back