• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the MCU faster than or equal to light?

Does this apply to the speed ratings of the MCU?

• Electro was said to dematerialize and travel as electromagnetic particles. ()
  • Electro can perceive the movement of electricity being conducted at light speed. ()
  • In addition to being able to dematerialize into electromagnetic particles.
  • Captain Marvel firing in a nanosecond a photon beam that reached the height of the clouds.
    That happened in a prequel novel to her solo movie. ()

From what I have seen, they are not photon beams but supercharged muon particles, I guess it is a different standard, so it has to be shown to behave as that particle would in the IRL

This is a topic that has been orbiting for a while, I kinda didn't want to address it cus I didn't feel it gather enough track, but seems peeps are just too passionate about this, so here are my words.

Repulsors can't be considered light speed as we know that they are the primary method for IMs flight anyway thanks to their propulsion. I know people going to say "but light can actually produce force!" That is wrong in the vast majority of instances.

Even high output lasers cant show force because while we know photons do carry certain amount of momentum, is such a negligible amount that it makes no difference. Meanwhile even low powered repulsors that only ko can still punch several feet away a man which is nonsense if it was actually light.

No to mention, we see see repulsors like bolts of energy when single burst, not straight beams. We also see they are ridiculously slow at times and are quite inconsistent when it comes to their heat (which is important as the method that light deals "damage") sometimes not being hot at all full power.

Now, on to electro's stuff the second gift can actually be easily be explained as him just being able to sense electricity, rather than his reactions being fast enough to react to it.

Is worth mentioning that the speed of electricity shouldn't be compared the same way we do conventional displacing objects like cars of bullets. I can go and explain into detail but that deserves it's own post.

So, no, I don't agree with most of this as a verse knowledgeable and semi Da Science lad.

Pretty sure that physical force is no longer a major disqualifier here, but whatever
I would still not consider repulsors to be light speed in any sense of the word.

They don't consist purely of photons, can be compared to regular energy blasts, half the time they do not travel in straight lines but rather in blazing jet arcs, and they do not not either diffuse through materials or refract/reflect.

Read my post again marvel, physical force is important when it comes to the logical strength of an yet-to-be-proven laser/light attack. A Low powered blast should not by any means be able to generate that much force if its supposedly light. You need copious amounts of energy to scale up the little momentum photons to make a effect.

The wiki not taking into account this is just another thing, tho...

Also Electro would only be 90% speed of light by travelling through wires (Since electricity IRL can travel that fast through good conductors like high-quality copper wire), he wouldn't have this be part of his normal speed stats in any sense of the word, much like RHCP.

I think our current best shot at getting FTL MCU is with captain marvels photons, if captain marvel is already very close to Rel+ i think there is no reason to say her photons are below SOL

And of course The nanosecond feat
Which would be consistent with this
1389560378474.11444m / 30s = 4.631867928e+10 m/s or 154.50248344807c (Massively FTL)

There is also Ultrons repulsors
Which has a statement of being red beams of light, Move relative to QS who can reach SOL and resemble iron mans wrist lasers

Repulsors as a whole are SOL

I think our current best shot at getting FTL MCU is with captain marvels photons, if captain marvel is already very close to Rel+ i think there is no reason to say her photons are below SOL
Pretty sure the main reason why SoL photon blasts can't get accepted is because they don't meet enough criteria, not that the verse wasn't close enough to SoL
And of course The nanosecond feat
Massively FTL, which is far beyond everything except for Captain Marvel's MFTL+ flight speed in space, the Bifrost and this Mjolnir calc

Thanos did outpace Captain Marvel's flight speed when she was flying at top speed, so...
Which would be consistent with this
This one? Only DMUA's suggestion was accepted. But if someone can accept the FTL value instead, that'll be great
There is also Ultrons repulsors
Which has a statement of being red beams of light
Right, this one
Just need to confirm the source
Repulsors as a whole are SOL
Think it was already debunked above unfortunately

Last edited:
Back