• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invisible Dragon - The Return (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, yeah, we're doing it.

So, the Invisible Dragon verse was deleted way back in 2018 in this thread here. From what I could tell, it was just kinda deleted without any consensus about if it should stay or not, so I think it's reasonable to try bringing it back.

Zackmoon backed up the profiles in blogs:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ZackMoon1234/Invisible_Dragon_Profile

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ZackMoon1234/Demon_King_Dragon_Master_Profile

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ZackMoon1234/Colbob_Profile

there might be a few more

For anyone who wants to read the actual webnovel, you can do so here.

It was pointed out that the profiles didn't have many justifications with quotes and such, so I'll add them here:

1st Key: Base, Pre-Training

2nd Key: After Training

• Speed: Massively Faster than Light+ - Calc
3rd key: After biting his tongue and shivering his chin in fear

• Speed: Massively Faster than Light+ (Should be about as fast as before)

I think it was mostly just so awful no one on the entire site wanted it on

That said, are we sure the translation is good? I think I remember one factor being that it's translation is off enough to cause... well, what you see before you

Yes! YES!!

Down with the discrimination! Invisible Dragon gon be back!

There's a slight problem tho, I see no CRT above me :thonk:

Gonna point out some things... So, according to the last thread, it was apparently """"""agreed""""" to be removed, but in reality there were both staff that agreed and disagreed and Matt just decided to delete the profile in the meanwhile without letting people to reach a consensum, which isn't cool. Apparently, it was deleted due to bad writing and incoherency.

It is terrible written, but...thats not really a reason to delete. We have lots of verse who are considered to be bad written but still allowed here anyway.

It is incoherent sometimes but it actually has a plot and a linear one. Invisible Dragon borns himself from an egg, gets bullied by Colbob. ID promises to get stronger and defeat him. He grows up, defeats those who he encounters, and keeps getting strong until he meets Colbob's subordinates (the Lords of Universes). After defeating the subordinates he goes for the real deal, which is Colbob, his last fight. After that, he died happy

His mentality is also pretty fuc*ed up and childish so thats why he killed a lot of people without reasons (except for the Lord of Universes and Colbob, which he had a reason to)

The novel is pretty famous in Korea and its rated as 4.2/5.0 in novel updates so quite something

About the multipliers....they are explicitly stated (as you can see in the OP) and most part of the novel is based on that so it should be fine I guess

@DMUA As Sped said, the translation is done purposely that way to match the original. It's one of Invisible Dragon's....it's one of the reasons it's reknown for. It's "so bad it's good".

InfiniteSped said:
The grammar is purposefully bad to match the original writing, if that's what you mean.
... what an artform

Personally, I'm kinda with other admins that this is level of awful beyond awful that I don't really think should be on the site but I'm not going to press it

Promestein said:
I don't care if it's deleted or not. I don't think it's a good precedent to delete something for being bad though.
If it's just being deleted for being bad Fairy Tail, a bunch of isekai verses, some comic verses and/or characters, a lot of american cartoon verses, a bunch of popular books, some myths, some terrible superhero movie franchises, terrible horror movie franchises, most modern games which are written attrosciously (Because who cares about a story more than gameplay?) ect.

A lot of these^ are generally considered to be badly written.

there's badly written and then there's "invisible dragon wanted to test how strong he was so he used 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000000th of his power

piiiiiiuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

@Yung They are not even remotely close as bad tho

Like, while yes they are arguably not good, but they aren't complete power fantasy shit posts level of bad

I think my opinion mirrors that of Prom here. Deleting a verse because it sucks causes far more problems than the existence of Invisible Dragon, and I wouldn't really be upset if it was here or whatever. We'd need tightly defined standards for "deletion cause bad" to be acceptable.

Apparently invis dragon is a parody of shit like it so

Wokistan said:
I think my opinion mirrors that of Prom here. Deleting a verse because it sucks causes far more problems than the existence of Invisible Dragon, and I wouldn't really be upset if it was here or whatever. We'd need tightly defined standards for "deletion cause bad" to be acceptable.
It was praised by the G RR Martin equivalent of Korea or something like that for being a parody or something >_>

Wokistan said:
If it falls under the Poe's law it shouldn't be here

Poe's law is quite subjective though. I've seen people think south park's being totally serious with stuff they haven't been.

The former is something you can still sort of objectively quantify and apparently made by the user as a parody/jab towards story whose powerlevel aspect is relatively high. The latter is an incoherent mess that keeps contradicting itself with how character A is omnipotent but then character B is somehow more omnipotent when by the definition of the word itself it's fundamentally impossible and it was made by a literal wanker whose wanked fanfic tier translation got called out years ago and he made an entire series of books out of spite for the purpose of vs debating coz "lol muh series is the stronkest evah!!11!"

Like, regardless of their respective writing quality, someone using 0,000001% of their power busting a million universes is still an objective feat that you can actually quantify and therefore index. Whereas Xeranthemum being apeiro-hyper^99^googolplex^infinity*infinity*Aleph-null^complex imaginary number times more omnipotent than a random school's janitor is not

My 2 cent

EDIT: Oh shit fam. It ain't "apeiro-hyper^99^googolplex^infinity*infinity*Aleph-null^complex imaginary number times more omnipotent", it's actually beyond the necessity and essentiality of Cataphysics, as well as any category > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmnipotence], > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmniscience], > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmnipresence], > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmnilock], > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmnificence], > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmnifarious], > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmnicompetence], > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmniarch], and > [┬úß©ê┬ºÔÖáÔêÇÔÖáOmniverses]. She exists before ÔêÇ[Sparainsurmountable-potentiality] and ÔêÇ[Sparainsurmountable-actuality]. Forgibe my incompetence

Overlord775 said:
@Nupuko
Does Korea really have that low of a standard ?
It has nothing to do with standards, it's a parody. And I don't know if you read it, but it's actually fun from a certain point....

A masterpiece of shiterature.

Edit : also I'm Nep smh, not Nup.

Wokistan said:
Isn't this exactly what Joke Battles is for, joke/parody characters that aren't made to be taken remotely seriously, or written to actually be a story, but purposely written poorly as a joke or to parody another work and just have power for the sake of a joke.

Like, that wiki is specifically made for jokes, memes, parodies etc. I'm pretty sure a verse that was poorly written on purpose as a joke, is known for its purposefully low quality and such would fit under the things that belongs on Joke Battles

@Paul But Invisible Dragon is more like a parody of genres, and I think that makes it different than the regular specific jokes/memes of characters or specific works.

Edit : got ninja'd...

""The invisible dragon turned into a super saiyan invisible dragon

"hahaha just dye demon king dragon master"

but he still couldnt do anythin

"ugh **** im going to come back after training like shit and becoming super ultra stong just you wait demon king dragon master"

the invisible dragon ran ;-;

sob sbo

but lets believe in our main character!!! fighting!!!

look forward to the next episode!!! okey???""

-Actual text from the invisibile dragon

Do I even have to explain why stuff like this shouldn't be allowed?

@Clueless

Because it's a pile of random mashed word only with only a remote connection between them that and that even a 12 year old could surpass in grammar.

@Ricisi

We should have some bar of quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back