• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invisible Dragon - The Return (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quality is subjective. I personally think ID is amazing. I do agree that the grammer is bad, but if an actual criteria for being on this wiki is going to be "have gud grammer and spelling", well, Idk what to tell you

shitposts are literally what JBW is known for hosting, everyone shuns it though smh

@ricsi

Its like, evidently not a coherent shitpost half the time if you read it. There is the overarching colbob vs ID thing, but what actually occurs in the fights or story besides that doesn't maintain coherency

The only thing that wasnt coherent was his fight against the americas and maybe the one against his brother. After that, he begins his journey of travelling through universes and defeating the lord of universes and Colbob's subordinates

Overlord775 said:
@Ricisi
We should have some bar of quality
We're an indexing site, not a "let's review the power of decently written verses" site >_>. It has feats, a somewhat coherent storyline and isn't going against the wiki's system(unlike suggsverse for ex). I don't see why it can't be allowed.

It would set a bad exemple and would induce possible shitstorms if we ban a verse because "it's badly written".

@Nepuko

It would set an even worse exemple if we let it in tho

Like, it would open the door for even the lowest of quality of fiction

But quality dosen't matter in the first place. We don't care if this verse is written worse than what a 7 years old could do(to some extent at least) or if it's award-worthy, if all we want to see is if Character A can bust a planet or make you disappear with a thought.

We're not reviewing the work itself.

The real cal howard said:
Do we even have standards anymore?
If you want to be like "delete because bad" then you're gonna have to get really specific to not delete more normal series along with it.

Oh don't get me wrong, there's quite a few things I think don't deserve to be here, like How I Met Your Mother profiles, and that show is actually good. This on the other hand? This exactly what Sera was talking about when she said we have too many profiles. We're allowing anything to get one, regardless of quality. It's a joke, and it makes us a joke by proxy. So again, it looks to me like we don't even have standards anymore. We might as well add Onision's characters.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Being bad is subjective and shouldn't be qualification for deletion. There are lots of verses I consider bad but don't want to delete.
Yes but also no. Stuff like this makes Razzie winners look like Citizen Kane. People can like it, sure. People can also like the smell of feces. Doesn't make the smell good.

I personally thinks its too obscure to be on the wiki, which, given it's a cheaply made web novel with little to no quality of writing, I don't think belongs here, given it serves as an incentive to just add whatever horrible verse your drunk roommate came up with on a Friday night and posted online as a "Web Publication"

Wokistan said:
If you want to be like "delete because bad" then you're gonna have to get really specific to not delete more normal series along with it.
tell me one verse we already allowed that has both the grammar and writing quality of an elementary school kid

On one hand quality is subjective. On the other hand I think we can all agree Invisible Dragon is objectively awful and it along with Man with No Name (Town with No Name), and other similar characters, should be deleted.

I was going to give invisible dragon a chance but after reading through it more it just gets worse and worse until it becomes literally unreadable. I agree with its deletion.

Yeah, I kinda hate it, too. I think this sort of thing belongs exclusively on Joke Battles Wiki; trying to index this thing, or use it seriously in vs. battle debates? I don't understand why anyone would even want to. Reading what excerpts from the "book" that I have has only induced a headache in me, and brought up bad flashbacks of a pointless arguement I had against a troll who believed that regular Muggles in HP should have Relativistic+ reactions for dodging Accio'd items.

It's a complete shitpost. Make a profile for the Little Panda Fighter while you're at it--the content of The Invisible Dragon is just as grating and shallow if not moreso, and I'm honestly appalled that our standards are loose enough that something like this could be allowed on the site.

I personally agree with Cal, Zark, Keeweed, and Overlord that we should consider self-published extremely poor quality works with almost no popularity/notability as possible to add to FCOC, but not here.

Complete lack of popularity also makes it hard to verify their reliability, and fictions that purposefully try to break our tiering system would spam our highest tiers and take all attention away from serious mainstream works.

@Ant

ID dosen't break the system though. And I don't see why an indexing wiki would care about the quality of the work......that's a rabbit hole I think we shouldn't get into.

Besides, it's easily verified. A quick google search, alongside the screenshots do the job.

I was referring to the Suggsverse and similar fictions. I do not want this to be used as a precedent to allow anything whatsoever into the wiki, as it would quickly turn into a bad joke. We need some sort of standards.

I can see where you're coming from :thonk:

Edit : Though, Invisible Dragon is nothing like Suggsverse. Not even close.....you can see @EMS's post as to why exactly.

It's not like ID has almost no popularity/notoriety. As the article Asura linked says, it's one of the most popular web novels in Korea.

As much as I don't care whether it stays or not, I can't find a good reason to delete it.

• It has notoriety outside of vs debating circles.
  • It's coherent enough for pages to be made.
  • It doesn't break the tiering system.
  • We don't have an issue with bad works (first one that comes to my mind is Hong Kong 97 but I know that there's dozens of others on the site).
  • We don't have an issue with self-published works (Parahumans (Verse), basically any web-novel or web-comic we have).

Hong Kong 97 should just be deleted. Along with Man with No Name (Town with No Name), Annoying Orange, and any other characters of similar quality. These products, along with invisible dragon, are objectively the most terribly produced products ever made. Plus they definitely break the "coherent" priority as they are about as coherent as a train crash.

Seriously, quality of the verse makes no sense as a reason for deleting a profile, not only is The Law of Identity allowed here despite the awful quality of the writting of the series, we tier her as one of the strongest characters on our wiki, to the point she used to be Tier 0 until the new system brought the hammer. So yeah, bad written and OP aren't reasons to delete a profile at all.

If The Law of Identity and her verse is really as poorly written as the Invisible Dragon then I also think it should be deleted.

There is also the slime WN which is arguably worse in terms of writing than ID. It doesn't have the grammar or spelling issues, but it's structure is so bad that I was completely lost after just a couple chapters, not knowing who was talking to whome when where when why and about what. It was awful. The argument "the story itself is too bad" is even worse, since that is immensely subjective. It's like saying a specific type of music should be banned coz it's bad or a certain flavor of ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back