• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invisible Dragon - The Return (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agnaa said:
If a deletion of all "bad verses" is being pursued (which affects many more verses than just ID), then this whole discussion should be moved to its own thread for that.
I was think about making a thread about this topic nearly a year ago, but I decided against it. However the invisible dragon is a perfect example of why we need quality control and that I should have made that thread months ago.

RatherClueless said:
There is also the slime WN which is arguably worse in terms of writing than ID. It doesn't have the grammar or spelling issues, but it's structure is so bad that I was completely lost after just a couple chapters, not knowing who was talking to whome when where when why and about what. It was awful. The argument "the story itself is too bad" is even worse, since that is immensely subjective. It's like saying a specific type of music should be banned coz it's bad or a certain flavor of ice cream.
And if people are just talking about grammar/spelling issues, to take an example so extreme it's not super applicable, I've recently been reading Infinite Jest, which has some parts narrated by uneducated drug addicts, with awful spelling and grammar to the point where it's nearly incomprehensible but still plays into the story.

Granted, this is only for small sections of the book, but ID similarly has bad grammar on purpose too (from what I've heard).

Regarding the parody aspect, I'm not entirely sure if ID is tbh. Another LN author pointed out that it was a good critique of these kinds of novels, but I don't think there's some definitive proof it was intended as a parody (although some parts do feel like parodies a lot).

Guess we could use the almighty Death of the Author in this case. >_>

I'm currently writing up a thread for vs battles quality control in general but I'm not sure if this is a good time both for me personally or for the site, so I'm not going to post it for a while. At the very least I think invisible dragon should be deleted or have a note, on his profile, explaining why he is currently allowed on the site.

Hm, I do not think a note like that is necessary unless a rule about "verse quality" is actually in place. ID has a coherent storyline and dosen't break or go against the system like suggs, and afaik "this verse sucks so ban it" isn't a rule here, at least yet.

Feats are clear as well, and hence tiers. That's what should matter in an indexing wiki afaik.

So on the contrary, it should be allowed here like any other verse until such a rule is actually in place, if it will.

"ID has a coherent storyline"

Its as coherent as a tornado ramming into a barn. Yeah the general idea is that a gust of wind hit a building, but to actually try to figure out what is happening is a complete clusterf*ck. But I honestly don't have enough time to continue this conversation right now. I guess I'll make a thread about quality control in the future, but this is neither a good time for me and the site in general right now.

Keeweed said:
"ID has a coherent storyline"

Its as coherent as a tornado ramming into a barn. Yeah the general idea is that a gust of wind hit a building, but to actually try to figure out what is happening is a complete clusterf*ck. But I honestly don't have enough time to continue this conversation right now. I guess I'll make a thread about quality control in the future, but this is neither a good time for me and the site in general right now.
Did u even get past chapter 10?

1- I'll quote it directly from Oblivion's post : It is incoherent sometimes but it actually has a plot and a linear one. Invisible Dragon borns himself from an egg, gets bullied by Colbob. ID promises to get stronger and defeat him. He grows up, defeats those who he encounters, and keeps getting strong until he meets Colbob's subordinates (the Lords of Universes). After defeating the subordinates he goes for the real deal, which is Colbob, his last fight. After that, he died happy

I don't see what's not coherent there. You fix the grammar "mistakes" and you have a super generic novel.

2- Why for the love of everything that's holy is that a criteria to tier characters. If it's coherent enough to make pages and dosen't break the tiering system, it can have pages. A verse being "bad", it being "great" is purely subjective opinion here.

The real cal howard said:
You can understand the plot of The Room quite fine. But if anyone made a Johnny profile then they'd be laughed off the wiki
I mean what's stopping you?

You can understand the plot of The Room quite fine. But if anyone made a Johnny profile then they'd be laughed off the wiki
Because we require verses to have notable feats (one dude holding a gun once is not a notable feat).

If Johnny was consistently 9-B he would have had a profile made years ago.

And whoever made it wouldn't be on the wiki anymore, because they'd clearly think of it as nothing but a joke site.
Whoever made the (now deleted due to no notable feats) two and a half men profiles is still on the site. And I'm sure that many profiles as dumb as Johnny are still here.

Hell, a ******* administrator made the profiles for Hong Kong 97.

And whoever made it wouldn't be on the wiki anymore, because they'd clearly think of it as nothing but a joke site.
I feel like you all over dramatize this profiles, like if the series is badly written it's pretty iirelvant to vs debating unless the writing makes the charcter wack in a vs debae like with Suggestverse

Tbh, it has a decently coherent storyline. It's not like the events are completely illogical, it's just conveyed badly.

Invisible Dragon is born made of air, he's invisible, so no one can see or care for him.

Colbob, the lord of the universe, bullies him, because he's a generic korean novel villain, and that's what they do.

ID promises to get stronger and avenge himself.

He goes around the universes getting stronger, one day he arrives on Earth and starts killing everyone (the generic genocidal tendencies that a lot of these MCs have for some reason)

Decides to chill out and be a human for a bit.

Random aliens invade and he fights them off, specifically killing the ones that can see invisible beings first (actually showing some tactical awareness).

Goes around fighting more people to get stronger, finds a dude who he can't beat, so he runs away to train (as MCs do)

Trains a lot, and stomps the guy

Fights his also invisible brother, and defeats him

Keeps getting stronger, so he decides to conquer the multiverse (his final plan was to beat the lord of the multiverse, so this makes complete sense)

Genocides people for no reason (not uncommon in these novels tbh)

A dude (Duike) gets his father killed and promises revenge (another generic MC motivation)

ID conquers the multiverse and kills many lords of universes

Colbob trains Duike to help him out

ID fights Colbob and gets wrecked, but has a hidden trump card

Colbob is about to kill ID anyway, but Duike stops him and ID is able to kill him.

Duike reveals he let ID win so he'd be the one to kill

ID dies as a "hero" (MC being portrayed as heroic even though they're genocidal maniacs)

It's not that complicated, and it kind of makes sense if you take into account the tropes and clichés that most of these novels follow.

Not saying Suggs should be allowed, but why do you repeatedly keep referring to it as "designed" to break the system? Suggs' first books were published years before this wiki even existed.

Less specifically made to break our system and more being made to break any system.

From the little I know about it, it's on the level of some Google+ users going on with their OCs being the mostest Omnipotent and making all other omnipotents lose their power and resisting everything ever. All this would be fine of it's own, but self contradiction also happens a lot.

But again, I barely skimmed some stuff.

Also, if I remember correctly, he specifically mentioned that a single step in his hierarchy transcends a megaverse, an omniverse, a hyperverse, and an outerverse, so yes, he originally wanted to mess with the OBD, but he has apparently included us in his efforts as well.

The quote you are referring to comes from one of his 2012 books, years before this wiki even became a blip on anybody's radar, and he doesn't mention outerverses. From what I have seen, he is barely aware of this wiki's existence.

Your consistent obsession with calling him a delusional maniac is also jarring, to say the least.

Okay. My apologies. His type of storytelling rubs me the wrong way, and I have very limited information filters, so I tend to perceive things intensely and express what I think. I have turned better at keeping it under control though.

I have removed the offensive phrase from my post.

Okay there are two problems with the profile.

His speed is Subsonic even though moving even 1 meter in that timeframe is Supersonic+. The speed should be At least Supersonic+ likely higher

His upgraded selfdestruction evasion is definatly not mind-manip nor body control because "it leaves the opponent no choice other then using selfdestruction"

It makes the opponent use a self-destruction technique, or seemingly commit suicide if they don't have some "blow themselves up" ability.

InfiniteSped said:
It makes the opponent use a self-destruction technique, or seemingly commit suicide if they don't have some "blow themselves up" ability.
Considering the nature of the book, it's not litterally forcing them to, but leaving them no option but to do that because lolmahpower

Seems to be. Colbob didn't have a self-destruction technique, and he still died, probably through suicide since that was mentioned beforehand.

Colbob died "off screen". His lasts words there: "fuik duike get outta way quickly! f**k!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back