• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the handbooks severely downplay most lifting strength values for the characters?
Allen and Mark are 30 tonners but only early on from what I'm seeing, it does say they get much stronger down the line. There probably are feats that would put them above that in their earliest appearances, though.

Also, between issues 34 and 35 Mark says he has been working out while fighting Rampage, who he claims would've kicked his butt a couple of months ago

So that's another boost to take into account, I suppose

Also, between issues 34 and 35 Mark says he has been working out while fighting Rampage, who he claims would've kicked his butt a couple of months ago

So that's another boost to take into account, I suppose
Yeah Mark definitely has several big boosts over the course of the series so the low stuff could be an estimation of their early showings

I dropped my point after the Allen scan. Smart Atoms make them relatively fast depending on how fast they're moving. If Mark is flying at MFTL+ speed he'll have MFTL+ reaction times, but if Omni-Man is flying at 230,000 MPH he'll have reactions for that speed.
So would that mean he gets Variable Speed

Maybe like “Varible, as slow as MHS but can reach Massively FTL+ when in space” with a note explaining the smart atoms thing below (so as to not over stuff the speed section)

Allen and Mark are 30 tonners but only early on from what I'm seeing, it does say they get much stronger down the line. There probably are feats that would put them above that in their earliest appearances, though.
Yes, but weren't even the strongest characters placed at around 150-200 tons or so, despite having enormously greater feats than that? As such, I think that the Invinsible handbooks downplayed the characters' full power levels, much like the Marvel handbooks.

Yes, but weren't even the strongest characters placed at around 150-200 tons or so, despite having enormously greater feats than that?
Omni-Man, Allen, and Battle Beast had rather low ratings. But the handbook came out years before Battle Beast got any relevant scaling, years before Omni-Man got any notable feats, and before Allen's zenkai boost.

So I wouldn't label it as lowballing rather than it just being released before anything impressive happened.

Anyway, is this a reasonable suggestion?
Space Racer makes it a bit weird.

Either we do as you said and give them Rel+ reactions with hyperspace travel or do what was previously suggested and giving them varying speed ratings due to their reactions being context sensitive.

Omni-Man, Allen, and Battle Beast had rather low ratings. But the handbook came out years before Battle Beast got any relevant scaling, years before Omni-Man got any notable feats, and before Allen's zenkai boost.

So I wouldn't label it as lowballing rather than it just being released before anything impressive happened.
Well, I think that the practice of the Marvel handbooks was likely copied in this regard, but that's me.

Space Racer makes it a bit weird.

Either we do as you said and give them Rel+ reactions with hyperspace travel or do what was previously suggested and giving them varying speed ratings due to their reactions being context sensitive.
Well, given that some of them are stated outright to use hyperspace travel, it seems reliable enough to me.

Alright, did this feat and some other stuff. It kind of fits the downgrade theme of this thread, at least the last part.

Btw, should we have "Rage Power" on Mark's page? He actually seems to get stronger the angrier he gets, particularly against Conquest.

Btw: Thank you for helping out with calculations.

I've been busy working for a presentation I have to do next Monday so I try to help with whatever free time I have, like I did with the Pitt calculations I recently made

Don't forget about the Las Vegas feat (which I estimate would be City level to Mountain level), though that happens in Issue 80 and the ship feat is from Issue 45. Mark gets stronger somewhere in between, I'm sure.

Last edited:
If somebody links evidence for all of the best available feats, I can ask some calc group members to help us out.

If somebody links evidence for all of the best available feats, I can ask some calc group members to help us out.
Strength
Durability

Last edited:
I also recall a statement Thragg and Beast could have destroyed the planet they were fighting in overtime which helps support the Multi-Continent+ stuff

I also recall a statement Thragg and Beast could have destroyed the planet they were fighting in overtime which helps support the Multi-Continent+ stuff
Battle Beast in issue #115 said "This planet will be torn apart by the fury of our clashing... I will allow nothing to steal that from me."

But then after multiple days of unending constant fighting the planet was intact albeit it suffered a lot of collateral civilization damage. Seems more like a hyperbolic statement from BB than a legitmate power thing.

Omnipotus' has two or three surface wiping statements that would scale however, since Dinosauros killed him with no issue.

Battle Beast in issue #115 said "This planet will be torn apart by the fury of our clashing... I will allow nothing to steal that from me."

But then after multiple days of unending constant fighting the planet was intact/not horribly damaged.
Fairly true, just felt like it deserved a mention
Omnipotus' has two or three surface wiping statements that would scale however, since Dinosauros killed him with no issue.
Dinosaurus was based

So the surface level statements that I know of
Also I found a new feat we can use. Brit and Invincible survived attacks from the Omega Tech Jacket (Brit 2007 #10) which produced like, 7-A or 6-C sized explosive death waves. Considering Tech Jacket in-universe happened after Omni-Man, this applies to BoS Mark scaling wise.

So the surface level statements that I know of
True but it could help

Omnipotus states he can reshape worlds and devour a planet's lifeforce though his next appearance heavily implies it still takes time for him to do so. Though do note that he did physically knock out Brit, which is a rather impressive feat
Bri”ish super hero is strong
But yeah Omni wiping world’s overtime seems consistent (would be get a variable tier?)
Also I found a new feat we can use. Brit and Invincible survived attacks from the Omega Tech Jacket (Brit 2007 #10) which produced like, 7-A or 6-C sized explosive death waves. Considering Tech Jacket in-universe happened after Omni-Man, this applies to BoS Mark scaling wise.
Yeah this works (this might be a priority o calc)
you heard me

Strength
Durability
Thank you.

@DemonGodMitchAubin @Ugarik @Migue79 @Therefir @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu

Would any of you be willing to calculate the above Invincible comic book series feats please?

Thank you very much for helping out. It is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back