• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Honestly, I don't see why we didn't outright downgrade this feat quite a while ago.

Thaddeus orders Space Racer to fire his gun, a weapon that can obliterate Viltrumite War Invincible-level characters and blast through stars, at Viltrum to destabilize its core. If the core were to become stable, they'd die on impact. After the impact, we see secondary explosions all over Viltrum's surface, and the planet takes time to break apart and explode once they pass through the core. In real life, planets like Earth do not have any internal mechanisms to violently explode, but this is fiction.

So all in all, Invincible, Mark and Thaddeus demolished Viltrum's already unstable core in perfect sequence, causing the entire planet to be destroyed. The fact that there's absolutely no Planet level feats or statements (literal or non-civilization statements, anyway) in the series further reinforces my point.

I did a calculation of the crater the three made, which gets Multi-Continent level results per person. It hasn't been evaluated, but I'm hoping this thread will garner some traction because I've been asking for a while (so far two staff members have commented).

Also, I'm pretty sure this GBE is wrong. Surface gravity is actually inversely proportional to radius when density is fixed, not directly proportional to mass. Gliese 581 and Jupiter (or just gas giants, for that matter) are very good examples of this.

Last edited:
And? That thread isn't the authority on whether or not invincible CRTs can be made or not.

1. Did I make the thread... no I have no clue why he named it discussion

2. I just pointed it out so everybody can go to 1 thread since it’s pointless to have 2 regarding the same subject if anything close that thread and @ the people who were arguing in this thread or vise versa.

Anyways just do wtv idc I’ll stop derailing

1. Why is it labelled and treated as a discussion?
Because we started discussing it on the Verse discussion thread
2. It's not as though it really invalidates this, since nothing concrete is actually decided there.
I mean it is kinda pointless to make two threads when we can just go down there to do it
It'd be like one thread downgrading Marvel speeds and another is also downgrading Marvel Speeds

Just a waste of time

That was a thread about the Amazon show. It became a discussion of the planet feat, and nobody even thought to mention that the planet takes time to break apart. Also, this thread is partially about bumping them down to Multi-Continent level and removing the old GBE.

We might as well just do it here, but with the knowledge that the feat was also rejected in another thread.

Last edited:
Maybe I should add this one here expert martial or something along those line for Thragg

He actually teaches the Viltrumite Hybrids some advanced combat skills.

I mean it is kinda pointless to make two threads when we can just go down there to do it
It'd be like one thread downgrading Marvel speeds and another is also downgrading Marvel Speeds

Just a waste of time
This has happened before

Also I mean, separate threads like this yield faster conclusions :V

It doesn't matter, anyway. We have enough agreement.

Can we get to discussing which end of the calc to use?

It doesn't matter, anyway. We have enough agreement.

Can we get to discussing which end of the calc to use?
Mid seems fine but we need to discuss what the key for early Mark would be (Maybe Nolan but I can't remember many statements of him growing in power)

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the results could be averaged. We see small rocks, large bits of rubble and tons of dust.
Mid seems fine but we need to discuss what the key for early Mark would be (Maybe Nolan but I can't remember many statements of him growing in power)
Nolan probably stays around the same level of power. It's stated Viltrumites grow stronger as they age and adapt, but he's already thousands of years old and outclassed by Thragg to virtually the same extent each time (he can maybe give him a light nose bleed at best, and typically injures himself trying to harm him), and is at a level usually comparable or slightly inferior to a highly trained Viltrumite. Invincible and Oliver are probably the only ones who experience any measurable power growth, and even those are both very unusual cases.

For early Mark's ratings, I'll re-read the earlier parts of the comic. There's some stuff I remember. But Mark > Immortal could be a good way to start scaling off.

Last edited:
Nolan probably stays around the same level of power. It's stated Viltrumites grow stronger as they age and adapt, but he's already thousands of years old and outclassed by Thragg to virtually the same extent each time (he can maybe give him a light nose bleed at best, and typically injures himself trying to harm him), and is at a level usually comparable or slightly inferior to a highly trained Viltrumite. Invincible and Oliver are probably the only ones who experience any measurable power growth, and even those are both very unusual cases.
Makes sense. So that would mean High 6-A Nolan, Prime Mark, Conquest and Thragg right?
For early Mark's ratings, I'll re-read the earlier parts of the comic. There's some stuff I remember. But Mark > Immortal could be a good way to start scaling off.
I think there's some good stuff in his Respect Thread

Hmmmmmm, why not just assume that the three were travelling at escape velocity and hurled the bottom crater at that speed, and then divide the result with the speed? It's not as if those debris were going to reform again post-destruction. Doesn't need any timeframe to rely upon either. It should be a good placeholder for now until the Amazon series gets to that point.

Because A) there's actually explosions coming from that bottom crater in later panels, suggesting it wasn't entirely them, and B) it wanks the results to Large Planet level (according to DMUA, anyway).

In the Amazon series, Mark actually stops a country-destroying meteor. Nolan also claims to have stopped one as large as Texas.

Because A) there's actually explosions coming from that bottom crater in later panels, suggesting it wasn't entirely them, and B) it wanks the results to Large Planet level (according to DMUA, anyway).
I wasn't talking about the planet's entire mass, just the mass of the destroyed portion. Not the entire cylinder, just the area they impacted.

In the Amazon series, Mark actually stops a country-destroying meteor. Nolan also claims to have stopped one as large as Texas.
I used the volume from your calc, figured out the mass using 2.8 g density for rock (As a low-end), and then slapped it into the KE calculator, I get only decent-into-Moon level results, divide by 3 and you get low-end Moon level. I used 11 km/s escape velocity.

I misremembered DMUA's results. He assumed 1/6th of the planet and that it was 2x heavier than Earth.

Moon level is less of an outlier, but I still disagree with attributing the entire crust-shifting thing to the three of them.

Was the meteor Mark stopped country busting?
Looking at it's size it'd likely just be Tier 7

Nolan says twice, at least one of which was almost certainly not hyperbole, that he saved the country.

I misremembered DMUA's results. He assumed 1/6th of the planet and that it was 2x heavier than Earth.

Moon level is less of an outlier, but I still disagree with attributing the entire crust-shifting thing to the three of them.
Using this calculator with 1.25x Earth's gravity the mass is only like, well... 1.25x times heavier than Earth. LMAO.

That's only if the planet has the same radius, which is highly unlikely. For calculation purposes, we should just low-ball it to Earth radius and mass.

Then maybe calculate the area of the destroyed portion, multiply it with average crust thickness, use rock density as a low-end and earth density as a high-end to get the mass and then calculate the KE? It'd be lower than what I found. It's not like the mass value is gonna be equal to the actual mass of our Earth's crust.

That's only if the planet has the same radius, which is highly unlikely.
We always assume inhabited planets in fiction to be the same radius as Earth as a conservative estimate unless the verse itself says otherwise.

Even then, my method doesn't even involve using the Earth's mass in any manner.

Might be an ignorant question, but isn't the low-end better? Like, looking at the scan, the distance of the "camera" from the planet was so far away and with the explosions so large that even the smallest visible fragments are probably still large fragments up close.

Then maybe calculate the area of the destroyed portion, multiply it with average crust thickness, use rock density as a low-end and earth density as a high-end to get the mass and then calculate the KE? It's not like the mass value is gonna be equal to the actual mass of our Earth's crust
Ok, I'll try that method. But, like I said, a lot of that crust ejection wasn't the 3 of them or even Space Racer.
Might be an ignorant question, but isn't the low-end better? Like, looking at the scan, the distance of the "camera" from the planet was so far away and with the explosions so large that even the smallest visible fragments are probably still large fragments up close.
I guess that could be true, and actually quite likely if you look at the image. It means each character would be high-end Continent level. It's worth noting that part of the crater was also Space Racer, but his gun marginally added to its overall size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back