• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Been a while. Any new projects revolving revisions for the Inuyasha verse?
Good question dunno. Imo I think the girls should scale at least somewhat to Kirin. Towa especially .
Though recently I got my hands on the final volume in Jp which has a pretty decent Naraku statement in the English and is a bit better in Jp.

Good question dunno. Imo I think the girls should scale at least somewhat to Kirin. Towa especially .
Though recently I got my hands on the final volume in Jp which has a pretty decent Naraku statement in the English and is a bit better in Jp.
What does the statement say about Naraku?

What does the statement say about Naraku?
While the jewel is completed and fused with Naraku the official English translation says the jewel transcends space and time.

Though in jp it uses the writing that means space-time/Space-time continuum

While the jewel is completed and fused with Naraku the official English translation says the jewel transcends space and time.

Though in jp it uses the writing that means space-time/Space-time continuum
👀 Geez Inuyasha has a lot of things I'm not aware of

Shouldn’t Towa get some sort of upgrade? She fought and eventually killed Osamu Kirin who scales to the grim comet stuff

I went ahead and made an upgrade show some love.

Not a calc but a nice little update

How big do you guys think the verse is exactly? Kinda waiting for some more info from the Yashahime manga. But lets lay out parts of the cosmology.

Physical Realms:​

1. Feudal Era
    • A historical, mystical version of Japan, filled with demons, magic, and mythical items.
  2. Modern Era
    • Modern-day Japan, connected to the Feudal Era through the Bone-Eater's Well.

Spiritual and Otherworldly Realms:​

1. Afterlife (possibly Heaven)
    • A realm where souls may go after death, not thoroughly explored in the series.
  2. Netherworld (Underworld)
    • A dark, desolate realm associated with death and the afterlife, distinct from the Meidō but connected to it.
  3. Meidō
    • A vast, void-like space filled with celestial imagery, serving as a passage to the Netherworld when accessed through the Meidō Zangetsuha technique.
  4. Border of the Afterlife
    • A transitional space between the world of the living and the afterlife, visited by certain characters during the series. ( Might be connected to the the meido)
  5. Hell (Jigoku)
    • A hellish realm where souls are judged and punished, the earth/ground is always opening when someone is being dragged down.

Additional Dimensions and Spaces:​

1. Bones Eater Well
    • Connects the present to the past through some type of time canal.

2. Rift Between Life, Death, and Space-Time
    • Introduced in "Yashahime," a complex space that intersects or is detached from conventional realms and times.

Last edited:
How big do you guys think the verse is exactly? Kinda waiting for some more info from the Yashahime manga. But lets lay out parts of the cosmology.

Physical Realms:​

1. Feudal Era
    • A historical, mystical version of Japan, filled with demons, magic, and mythical items.
  2. Modern Era
    • Modern-day Japan, connected to the Feudal Era through the Bone-Eater's Well.

Spiritual and Otherworldly Realms:​

1. Afterlife (possibly Heaven)
    • A realm where souls may go after death, not thoroughly explored in the series.
  2. Netherworld (Underworld)
    • A dark, desolate realm associated with death and the afterlife, distinct from the Meidō but connected to it.
  3. Meidō
    • A vast, void-like space filled with celestial imagery, serving as a passage to the Netherworld when accessed through the Meidō Zangetsuha technique.
  4. Border of the Afterlife
    • A transitional space between the world of the living and the afterlife, visited by certain characters during the series. ( Might be connected to the the meido)
  5. Hell (Jigoku)
    • A hellish realm where souls are judged and punished, the earth/ground is always opening when someone is being dragged down.

Additional Dimensions and Spaces:​

1. Rift Between Life, Death, and Space-Time
    • Introduced in "Yashahime," a complex space that intersects or is detached from conventional realms and times.

Looking good to me thus far.
The Meidō is something we can make an argument about being universal in size.
Perhaps, but I don't think it scales to anyone.

Looking good to me thus far.

Perhaps, but I don't think it scales to anyone.
Depends how we lay things out. The main universe would scale to Amaterasu as she holds the entire universe, heaven, time, and space together.
Might be scalable to the comet in the future, we'll see.

The Meido itself (need to review the scan again) was being overwhelmed by Inuyasha's True demonic energy.

But ultimately, i want to try to help scale the Shikon no Tama, as it transcends time and space ( yeah cool statement, but in a verse like this with the feats it has might have some merit to it)

I can see the cosmology being Universal if not maybe Universal+ if we take all the things that involve stuff from the afterlife and space-time, but as far as scaling, I be very cautious about it

I can see the cosmology being Universal if not maybe Universal+ if we take all the things that involve stuff from the afterlife and space-time, but as far as scaling, I be very cautious about it
Yeah i'm just trying to map out things mainly not so much as scaling yet. The jewel is something i'd probably scale in the future as that's more fun and has more feats. Also by getting the size i can scale Setsuna's range better i know she can bypass infinity and hit her targets. But how high up of dimensions she could go...all depends how large the verse would be i'm betting.
Universal+ is something i am also thinking about.

Trying to figure out what everyone thing of that feat. lol

There's a reason i even asked about Meido's scale earlier. Rather that's in a plane like meido i think all this fits.
Yeah there’s some wild higher stuff for Inuyasha. The last volume had a space and time statement for the jewel. The RAWS are impossible to find, but I did purchase the volume, let me just say the RAWS basically refer to 4D.

As for the scene itself, personally I lean more towards literal, Kirinmaru reacts to the scenery changing and what not.

What do you guys think of this moment (speed wise)?

I am unsure on if I should see this as combat speed or travel speed. Or probably inconsistent

Even IF it's combat speed, assumingly it might be "Sub-Relativistic" since Inuyasha characters now have Massively Hypersonic+?

I can't say 100% since speed scaling is not necessarily my strong suit

Yeah there’s some wild higher stuff for Inuyasha. The last volume had a space and time statement for the jewel. The RAWS are impossible to find, but I did purchase the volume, let me just say the RAWS basically refer to 4D.

As for the scene itself, personally I lean more towards literal, Kirinmaru reacts to the scenery changing and what not.
As much as I appreciate my third (formally my second favorite) anime/manga series getting more or less attention on this site, I just hope the scaling of this verse doesn't dwarfs Yu Yu Hakusho in terms of power

Not trying to sound biased, but it saddens me that YYH doesn't get the treatment and respect it deserves on this site

Anywho, hopefully we can work around on improving this verse here

I am unsure on if I should see this as combat speed or travel speed. Or probably inconsistent

Even IF it's combat speed, assumingly it might be "Sub-Relativistic" since Inuyasha characters now have Massively Hypersonic+?

I can't say 100% since speed scaling is not necessarily my strong suit
Well they did just run through a Nebula i'd say FTL. If you guys recall the calc i was going to do about Sub Relativistic it happens like a few moments before this fight. I didn't want to do it as this trumps the feat but maybe i might if that will help it.

If you're ferring to this. It's in the English translation and i've always used it to explain to people about how powerful it is.

This was also why i was trying to scale the cosmology of the verse.

Well they did just run through a Nebula i'd say FTL. If you guys recall the calc i was going to do about Sub Relativistic it happens like a few moments before this fight. I didn't want to do it as this trumps the feat but maybe i might if that will help it.
FTL? Hmm, guess I'll see what the others say about that

If you're ferring to this. It's in the English translation and i've always used it to explain to people about how powerful it is.

This was also why i was trying to scale the cosmology of the verse.
Pretty sure that’s the Viz Big edition, Time and space is treated a bit differently, but the RAWS say “Space-time” aka strictly referring to 4D, they use”時空” https://jisho.org/search/space-time

If anyone or anything scales to jewel or above, things can get rather crazy

Pretty sure that’s the Viz Big edition, Time and space is treated a bit differently, but the RAWS say “Space-time” aka strictly referring to 4D, they use”時空” https://jisho.org/search/space-time

If anyone or anything scales to jewel or above, things can get rather crazy
d68dbbc22e35b0b34a5e11987533560c.png

https://gyazo.com/d68dbbc22e35b0b34a5e11987533560c

Have fun translating.

I have the volume in Japanese, I’ve gotten it looked at already, basically just the same thing just with it saying space-time instead, which is good.
This is a good news.

Well Naraku scales to the jewel as he uses it as his soul. To pretty much take him out you need to take the jewel out.

This is a good news.

Well Naraku scales to the jewel as he uses it as his soul. To pretty much take him out you need to take the jewel out.
Yeah he basically absorbed it and became one with it according to his words, it’s very blatant, which is why he’s one of those characters who’s scaling just varies, it can go so high.

So Akura's dialogue is beyond human comprehension. Sesshomaru's mother is able to clearly speak and understand him. So possible scaling in terms of mind comprehension between the top Dog demon members.

"セリフがヒエログリフなのは、存在が高次すぎて人間とは直接コミュニケーションができないという演出ですけど・"
Google " The reason why the dialogue is in hieroglyphics is to show that the existence is too high-level and cannot communicate directly with humans."

This is from the blog for the Yashahime manga btw.

So I’ve been reading the Yashahime manga, which is “canon” and have noticed some stuff. All demons are stated to attack the soul, and Kagome’s arrows apparently have a homing effect.

Back