• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Intangibility (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
Now I brought this up before (way back when), but there needs to be an explanation for the type of intangibility a character has. There's multiple variations and levels and as time goes by, we keep getting more and more pages making it difficult to discuss in vs matches.

I know it would take some effort to edit the relevant pages, but the category exists for a reason and I am more than willing to slowly edit them all if that's what it takes. This only refers to those chatacters with certain types of intangibility, so it's not even as many as the total of number of intangible users.

Remember, slow and steady wins the race (I have OCD and even I can manage that much).

Yeah, i believe we should seperate intangibility based on its forms and levels (like some who's intangibility is based upon the element they embody sort of like the characters in One Piece

I too wouldn't mind in lending a help ;)

Well, Elemental Intangibility already exists as a page so that's useful. Which other forms of intangibility need to be created to use on profiles? Spatial Intangibility, Spiritual Intangibility, etc?

There's doesn't to need to be a page created for every type. All forms of intangibility (excluding element since its a different class) should be on the Intangibility page.

What I'm referring to is going to each profile that has a more specific form of intangibility than the normal type 1 intangible and write a small explanation or at least specify the type.

I do not care how long it takes.

If I must I'll do it on my own. If it needs to be done it needs to be done. I already have a blueprint on how to easily manage these 700+ pages.

I agree with this

also, i think making separated pages for different forms of Intangibility is redundant and unnecessary, i believe it would be better to list all forms of Intangibility in a single page and divide it by Types, like we do to our Immortality page

EDIT: and i was ninja'ed, ;_;

I think it would be better to Intangibility be similar to our Immortality page.

So we should fuse the elemental intangibility with the normal intangibility, and then add types?

You guys should probably decide what types would be added before making the revision thread.

What Ven was talking about was something else, loosely related to this.

Actually, it might be best to separate the pages since incoporeal id treated as being separate from intangibility. By that logic so would any abstraction.

Thing is, when people think of intangibility, they automatically think about "passing through solid material". The rest fall under different types of existence like non-coporeal and such.

In that case, divide like the immortality page, exclude what I posted above and go by type 1, 2, 3, etc.

Because even still, there's different levels of how one can phase through solid material. There's a high form of intangibility where even non-physical attacks can't touch you.

That's my implication, a "intangible" being is not tangible to a corporeal arrangement. It falls under relativity. But I still agree to these types.

Type 1 (Phasing Intangibility) - ability to pass through solid material in its most basic state, still able to be affected by different forms of non-material energy)

Type 2 (Elemental Intangibiliy) - explained on the page. Logia devil fruit users are an example.

Type 3 (Non-Material) - able to pass through non-material energy such as spiritual attacks and other abstract-like abilitied that would surely affect one with Type 2 intangibility.

Type 4 (Spatial) - able to phase through attacks due to moving your body to another dimension.

Type 5 (Non-Corporeal) - explained on page.

Note that these are just broad types. Explanations are more preferable.

@AssaultWaffle

Well...I would like more community input as quickly as possible (there's many more pages that need my attention)

@All

I talked with The Everlasting on Skype and we don't need to mess with the Intangibility or Elemental Intangibility pages (so I'm dropping the whole adding types thing).

What we do need is to specify how one's intangibility works in special cases. Especially those of high tiers.

@Sera

That looks completely fine to me. And yeah, we have to specify intangibility types on pages.

Definitely fine with this. I approve.

If anyone needs help on edits, let me know and I can help implement these changes. (Especially for One Piece)

I'd be fine with helping as well. This is a big revision, though, we'd likely have to wait for Ant to say something, and I doubt he'd want to spend so much time on this. It'd be a better idea to just slowly comb over this at everyone's own pace.

Just to check, users of Elemental Intangibility like Logias don't actually have high Regenerationn? It's just their ability to transform into fire. I noticed while look at Ace's page that he both Intangibility and Regenerationn on there which needs to be edited down to just Elemental Intangibility.

Promestein said:
I'd be fine with helping as well. This is a big revision, though, we'd likely have to wait for Ant to say something, and I doubt he'd want to spend so much time on this. It'd be a better idea to just slowly comb over this at everyone's own pace.
Precisely. If we each take a letter (or two) even at snail's pace, we'd get it done by week's end. And we don't even have to do so within a week. Slow and steady wins the race.

Damage3245 said:
Just to check, users of Elemental Intangibility like Logias don't actually have high Regenerationn? It's just their ability to transform into fire. I noticed while look at Ace's page that he both Intangibility and Regenerationn on there which needs to be edited down to just Elemental Intangibility.
Errr....that's not what we said.

I know most people are busy (and there's the Tier 4 revision) so there's not even a need to do this right now. Ant himself is already overworked as it is.

I, however, can change the felxibility of my schedule as I see fit, so even alone I can make this clockwork like nothing.

Damage3245 said:
No, logia users can become and regenerate from their element, this is scaling from Aokiji, who was shattered into a million pieces, reformed and regenerated his body as well.

But I will not derail this thread more. That is a OP specific question.

Okay, never mind. Just wanted to check because it seemed weird to me that he had both intangibility and regen.

But on an on-topic note, the OP profiles that state just intangibility need to be updated to Elemental Intangibility and state which element / substance.

I believe that was settled already. You can find the element they turn into in their profile. Now that's enough derailing. If you have anymore questions about the One Piece profiles you can ask me, Cin or Sins on our walls.

I wasn't trying to derail... I was bringing up something related to intangibility on characters profiles. The fact is that some characters have just intangibility on their profile when it should say Elemental Intangibility. That's relevant at least.

The4Godlike said:
What would this make Lille Barro's intangibility ?

It is not Type-4 or Type-5.
I dropped the whole "type" thing. Just explain how his intangibility works on his profile.

I like this idea (just as I dislike the idea of separate pages for different kinds of intangibility).

As Sera said, it's best for the intangibility "types" to be general at best with the specifics being on the profile due to how ubiquitous and varied this ability is.

I definitely agree with this.

Some people seem to think there's only one type of intangibility, when there's several, which causes confusion in vs threads because some profile says " can harm and kill intangible beings " and people would use that to debate with when in actuality said person can only harm ghost.

Personally, I like the idea of intangibility types but I don't care either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back