• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Bone Intangibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following CRT removed Sans atacks intangibility for the reason bellow:
The CRT
  • Removed Intangible Attacks: Ngl im not sure what the reason for this is, if its for his attacks being able to harm the SOUL than that is just Dura Negation/NPI. Sans attacks have been stated to harm tangible, soulless beings before, that of which being Flowey.

Well, there are 2 things that give Sans atacks intangibility, one less inportant then the second
  1. Blue atacks are intangible to unmoving targets as they just pass trough then
  2. All of Sans atacks do damage as they phase trough the soul diferent from other atacks in Undertale that are "destroyed" after hitting the player
Not only this shouldn't have been removed but is Also the main reason Sans is such a unforgiving foe in the game thanks to his way of giving damage every frame while the target is inside one of his atacks

Also, Sans probable should have Plataform Creation sinse he create plataforns for the player during his atacks

Disagree with this thead for reasons stated in the previous thread. Also attacks remaining isn't proof of intangibility without any other statement.

Bro now hates Undertale sheesh
Hey I accepted the possibly dimensiosal addition. Also no don't worry. I only dislike a single verse due to the wiki and it's for sure not Undertale. If people vote for the ability to come back I'm okay.

Regarding platform creation. Did the player step on it with their body or just their soul?

The bones blatantly go through Frisk's Soul so either Frisk should be given intangibility (Although this would be strange as Frisk is damaged by the bones) or sans' bones should be given intangibility

So I agree sans should have intangible attacks
3 agrees

1 disaree

1 agree with blue not with all atacks

Sans' attacks work because he makes a constant 1 damage the longer you touch his attacks, and as mentioned, his bones don't disappear when hit like Papyrus' do, so yeah, I agree with intangible attacks for Sans (both his blue and regular bones).
On that note though, shouldn't other Blue and Orange attack users get Intangible attacks too? Like Papyrus, Asgore, Doggo

Sans' attacks work because he makes a constant 1 damage the longer you touch his attacks, and as mentioned, his bones don't disappear when hit like Papyrus' do, so yeah, I agree with intangible attacks for Sans (both his blue and regular bones).
On that note though, shouldn't other Blue and Orange attack users get Intangible attacks too? Like Papyrus, Asgore, Doggo
Papyrus had intangibility on his profile before, IDK when was removed

Not gonna lie but I think intangibility works only for the blue bones, as those don't really touch you if you stand still.

The white ones' nature is still unspecified, plus given that Sans' magic should be of similar nature as Papyrus' whose bones are indeed physical, I don't think I can agree to all of his attacks being intangible outside of the blue ones.

Beyond gameplay is there any relevant statement for them?
No, but neitheir dos Karma. And both are essencial for Sans fight
Not gonna lie but I think intangibility works only for the blue bones, as those don't really touch you if you stand still.

The white ones' nature is still unspecified, plus given that Sans' magic should be of similar nature as Papyrus' whose bones are indeed physical, I don't think I can agree to all of his attacks being intangible outside of the blue ones.
2 disagree

What Would You put instead of Intangibility then? Beacuse there is no doubt they still phase trough the player soul

For Blue Attacks I'd say that is Unconventional Intangibility, as it's basically the reverse (they can't touch you if you stand still).

Tho I am kinda of neutral for the Intangibility for the normal attacks, as I have thought more about it, and they work like your average intangible thing in fiction, as unlike the normal bullets which logically disappear after hitting you (as it happens in UT), they just phase through you with no issue, meaning that a possible explanation is those being indeed intangible.

So I guess that this can work:
  • possible Intangibility for his normal attacks.
  • Unconventional Intangibility for the blue attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back