• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Intangibility (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I also think that a revision is unnecessary. Rather, we can list a few examples, and suggest that our members should specify the types of intangibility within parentheses.

I've never disliked the Elemental Intangibility page to be honest. It feels like nice, distinct ability but since the Intangibility page itself is going through revisions it makes sense to combine them. Just needs to make sure it's clarified on each profile how they're intangible.

Sera Loveheart wrote:

That also sounds good.

As long as the distinction is made then it can really help out certain vs matches. "Character A (physical being) can defeat Character B (a ghost) because Character A can affect intangibles" won't be as much of a controversy anymore.

^

Yep that's it.

@Ant - the best solution that would require the least amount of work would be deleting the page, and having the link to the Elemental Intangibility page redirect to Intangibility as to prevent those dozens of pages from needing an edit.

That's assuming this type of intangibility would be called "Elemental/Fluid" intangibility.

I am uncertain about the appropriate code to redirect a deleted page.

The redirect solution sounds best. That way the pages will still clearly describe what kind of intangibility it is, while also a link that leads to the intangibility page.

However, there are only comparatively few pages that would need to be edited.

Sera Loveheart said:
Type 1 (Phasing Intangibility) - ability to pass through solid material in its most basic state, still able to be affected by different forms of non-material energy)
Type 2 (Elemental Intangibiliy) - explained on the page. Logia devil fruit users are an example.

Type 3 (Non-Material) - able to pass through non-material energy such as spiritual attacks and other abstract-like abilitied that would surely affect one with Type 2 intangibility.

Type 4 (Spatial) - able to phase through attacks due to moving your body to another dimension.

Type 5 (Non-Corporeal) - explained on page.

Note that these are just broad types. Explanations are more preferable.
I suppose I can give it a shot, I'm going to continue on this list:

Type 6 (Swarm) - able to divide and break down quickly into tiny forms of insects, bats, and etc., allowing attacks to pass right through the user.

Type 7 (Density) - able to reduce their density to allow them to phase through solid objects.

Type 8 (Molecular Vibration) - able to vibrate your own molecules at high frequencies fast enough to become intangible.

Type 9 (Spirit) - all certain types of spirits such as ghosts are naturally untouchable and able to phase through solid mediums.

Type 10 (Form) - able to transform into various types of forms other than elemental ones such as digital, organic, and etc to become intangible.

^ Suggested by @laptus

Type 11 (Meta-Intangibility) - Ultimate form of Intangibility that allows you to simultaneously be intangible and tangible, unable to be touched or attacked by targets & opposing forces, even while making physical contact.

What do you think? And I'm assuming that it might need to be worded better?

I thought we mentioned twenty posts up to do away with the typing due to how varied intangibility mechanics are.

The above are just supposed to be broad examples, not classifications.

Nearly all of those were covered with my examples anyways.

I'm fine with editing the intangibility page and implementing these changes.

Reppuzan said:
I thought we mentioned twenty posts up to do away with the typing due to how varied intangibility mechanics are.
The above are just supposed to be broad examples, not classifications.
I usually just skim through the comments sometimes and I might as well point out of the rest of them that are not mentioned here just in case.

For characters who have multiple/various Elemental forms should probably be automatically applicable for Elemental Intangibility due to phasing, ignoring certain/specific attacks, and for a couple of other reasons.

... Elemental Intang in general is going to be in the Intang page, so having a separate page for that power is redundant and it should be removed as a result.

Intangibility types seems like a great idea. Elemental Intangibility, Non-Corporeal Intangibility, Spiritual Intangibility, Selective Intangibility, Digital Intangibility, Projective Intangibility, etc.

Well, everyone seems to be in agreement, so I'll do this.

@Prom

Should I delete Elemental Intangibility and redirect it back to the main Intangibility page?

I restructured the text somewhat.

Should we remove the highlight and close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back