• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Doubt it will be anyone too notable. Especially with how animated scenes, such as chases and dynamic battles, aren't really a thing at all.

Also, doubt the internet at large will care much about this. Besides the likely lack of any stellar animation to show in YouTube videos and Twitter. It also lacks much in a compelling storyline or unique character's to get emotionally invested in (particularly any waifu's, because Tomochika ain't that). As for power set, it's OP sure, but that just gets him labelled as another of a hundred different boring OP Isekai character to be ignored.

The Internet at large don't know or care about Higher Dimensions, Immortality Type 9, World Views, Immeasurable Speed, or Immortality Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Negation. They see him kill a dude instantly and go "cool that dude killed them instantly, like all them other dudes in anime who do that". Especially when animes normally cut all narration and internal monologuing that the Light Novel uses to explain things in greater detail than what is just seen and said.

As for reaching the Record Eater, they will possibly reach that part. However, their's also the chance that they will skip it as unnecessary content as they rush towards making the episodes lining up with certain parts of the volumes, and as the description of a Record is given entirely through internal thoughts and narration, that is almost certainly cut. So whether it actually looks impressive is the vital factor to showing that Yogiri is more than your average Isakai OP character.

Theirs also a possibility that they expand stuff like the dominator, and zombie attack, and the tower, and somehow get it all to be enough that Volume 2 and the climax at the tower is the end.
Yeah, I share this sentiment as well.
It is very likely the anime will cut a lot of narration, which IMO is the charm of ID in the first place.

They either goes so far as to adapt everything in vol 1, or 2.
Or they rush it to finish up to vol 4 ending (very unlikely, and even if did, it would be pretty bad).

This verse is already a fever in tiktok, facebook, and youtube almost as much as maou gakuin, and it doesn't even have anime yet. Not to mention, people will definitely notice that this isn't just your average "he can kill people instantly". There is no way the anime won't mention his nonsensical immunity negation at least once or twice, and his [killing intent + death hax] combo will gradually show its impact as the series goes on, you don't even need details for that. That is enough to hype him above Ainz Ooal Gown lmfao. You shouldn't underestimate anime-only people.

Doubt it will be anyone too notable. Especially with how animated scenes, such as chases and dynamic battles, aren't really a thing at all.
Tbh it doesn’t need to be another TSSDK or Overlord to give a big boost. The anime market is easily hundreds of times larger than the Light Novel market.

̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶1̶2̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶g̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶ ̶̶

̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶N̶o̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶.̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶
I prefer to think kf it as divorcing myself from thinking emotionally and bias and looking think at objectively through logic and reason.

Yeah, I share this sentiment as well.
It is very likely the anime will cut a lot of narration, which IMO is the charm of ID in the first place.

They either goes so far as to adapt everything in vol 1, or 2.
Or they rush it to finish up to vol 4 ending (very unlikely, and even if did, it would be pretty bad).
Less likely and more they will cut all narration and most of the internal monologues. They do that for every Light Novel adaption and is what causes most of the issues anime watchers and fans of the source material have with those adaptions, that and being rushed.

Volume 1 has the transportation to the new world, Sion informaing them of what is going on, Yogiri awakening and killing the dragon, being attacked by their classmates, Hanakawa's explanation, going to the first city and being targeted by the cat girl, Yogiri practising with his powers and the guards arriving and taking them for questioning, arriving at the hotel and having the ghost appear, ghost explaining Dannoura, concierge helping them and make a plan on where to go. And that's just the first quarter of Volume 1 alone.

Yeah, of they do expand on the events that happen into something that matches the pace needed for an anime. Volume 2 is where it's ending.

This verse is already a fever in tiktok, facebook, and youtube almost as much as maou gakuin, and it doesn't even have anime yet. Not to mention, people will definitely notice that this isn't just your average "he can kill people instantly". There is no way the anime won't mention his nonsensical immunity negation at least once or twice, and his [killing intent + death hax] combo will gradually show its impact as the series goes on, you don't even need details for that. That is enough to hype him above Ainz Ooal Gown lmfao. You shouldn't underestimate anime-only people.
You mean it's a fever for the fictional character debating crowd because he is designed solely around being an OP character and they love OP characters. That is not particularly interesting for anyone else outside of those communities though.

Ainz Ooal Gown is hype because he does villainous things and kills people with All According to my Keikau ways and with dramatic flair that saying die and a person drops dead misses. Plus he has his NPCs as interesting characters who he acts interestingly with. Which Yogiri doesn't.

Tbh it doesn’t need to be another TSSDK or Overlord to give a big boost. The anime market is easily hundreds of times larger than the Light Novel market.
What does Instant Death have that other Light Novels adaptions that come out in the dozen don't. Because lacking a harem and being more OP than the other OP characters who people like to complain how their only notable trait is being OP and the the centre of the world isn't going to do it.

You mean it's a fever for the fictional character debating crowd because he is designed solely around being an OP character and they love OP characters. That is not particularly interesting for anyone else outside of those communities though.
Which in itself is already notability. 99% of the MG fandom are powerscalers.
Plus he has his NPCs as interesting characters who he acts interestingly with.
You say it as if ID didn't have interesting side characters.

Which in itself is already notability. 99% of the MG fandom are powerscalers.
It was 99% of the English fandom, then the anime adaption came and Anos proceeded to throw castles and tell everyone why he was better than them and how nothing they did would work on him and the wider anime audience enjoyed him. Not just because he was OP, but because had a personality that showed he knew he was OP and flaunted it.

You say it as if ID didn't have interesting side characters.
Such as?

Ahaha... It lead to this direction I am sure enough know that. Honestly it either being 2 volume or 4 volumes that gonna be adapt considering that volume kinda close their arc. And Ova for side stories.

I prefer to think kf it as divorcing myself from thinking emotionally and bias and looking think at objectively through logic and reason.
However, we don't know yet how they are going to manage the animated version, they could surprise us.

Slime and MG weren't too famous till they jumped into Anime, so who knows..

Slime is liked because it's a comfy story about Rimuru just going along building his own town and making relationships.

Maou Gakuin is liked because Anos just exudes confidence and does badass thing.

Overlord is liked because it has the protagonist being a straight villain and how he acts and reacts because of it, and because everyone thinks Ainz has a Keikaku for everything.

Instant Death is liked by the debaters of the internet because he is OP and they can say he is the strongest. That isn't going to appeal to anime watchers because his power isn't epic looking and Yogiri's personality isn't interesting.

It was 99% of the English fandom, then the anime adaption came
MG had no popularity before the anime.

tell everyone why he was better than them and how nothing they did would work on him
Yogiri does the same
and the wider anime audience enjoyed him
It wasn't popular before the anime.
had a personality that showed he knew he was OP and flaunted it.
You don't need a good personality to be notable. There are countless MCs who have zero personality and are still simped for. This one is no different, and I have seen it.

Plus, did you really need to barge here and be completely negative toward this good news? The fact that we are getting an anime is already a slap in tons of isekais.

Last edited:
MG had no popularity before the anime.
It was on here and sites like here.

Yogiri does the same
When Anos does it he does so bombasticly while asking if you thought death would kill him. Yogiri just informs them that if they try something his powers will instantly kill them.

Presentation is important with an audio-visual medium.

It wasn't popular before the anime.
I'm using past tense because the Maou Gakuin anime has been out for years.

You don't need a good personality to be notable. There are countless MCs who have zero personality and are still simped for. This one is no different, and I have seen it.
Generally that because they look somewhat attractive or at least act like a Nice GuyTM

Plus, did you really need to barge here and be completely negative toward something that most ID fans were waiting for? Let the fans enjoy the fact that they are at least getting an anime smh.
This is a discussion thread, discussion does not consist of only looking at positives and ignoring the negatives.

It was on here and sites like here.
As worthful as a random obscure LN in this site, at that time.
When Anos does it he does so bombasticly while asking if you thought death would kill him. Yogiri just informs them that if they try something his powers will instantly kill them.

Presentation is important with an audio-visual medium.
It's not a must.
Generally that because they look somewhat attractive or at least act like a Nice GuyTM
If it works it works.
This is a discussion thread, discussion does not consist of only looking at positives and ignoring the negatives.
It's pointless anyway since all of this is speculation.

Instant Death is liked by the debaters of the internet because he is OP and they can say he is the strongest. That isn't going to appeal to anime watchers because his power isn't epic looking and Yogiri's personality isn't interesting.
I'll quote myself here.

In terms of character, I wouldn't say Yogiri's uninteresting. Well, not exactly. His entire character revolves around the myth of ID. Which is the interesting part about him in my eyes.

It's like, often times in stories gods themselves don't have interesting personalities per-se, but the legend of their deeds and other characters' reaction to those legends are the interesting portion.
Like, we as readers know that nothing will ever top Instant Death, no matter how grand or great the obstacle. But characters in-story have no idea of this. And given that the verse was built to be crowded full of unforgivable assholes, it makes quite the amusing setting for our protagonist to be in.
It's also worth mentioning that Tomochika as a heroine is a breath of fresh air. She doesn't have any real qualms with Yogiri being this way, unlike a traditional heroine. The most you'll get out of her is a "Geez, you went a bit far." and this way of thinking is fully explored in the narration and dialogue between her, Mokomoko, and Yogiri.
She feels that she has no right to complain about how Yogiri uses his power, even if at times she thinks he is a bit too trigger happy. Especially in situations where she could have been hurt as well by whoever Yogiri killed, she feels just as responsible for their death as him. There's even been times where she's nudged Yogiri and went "Hey, aren't you gonna kill this guy?" speaking of people who weren't really life threatening and more-so just semi-hostile or seemed suspicious.
To me, her role in the story is semi-reminiscent of the in-deep mob wife role you see in mobster movies. Which is a role I enjoy quite a bit. To top it off; despite Yogiri being probably the most OP main character in isekai history (Relative to his verse); she's not completely useless.
While the vs debating aspect of yogiri is fine and all; that's not why I read and enjoyed instant death. I, being the first person to start working on his profile, literally didn't even know he had higher dimensional powers until I had fully caught up to the wn english translation. And even then I wasn't positive that's what it was until I reread the HRE chapter multiple times, reread some old chapters talking about what Heavenly Records are, and discussed my findings with people who didn't read the series.

Update on Instant Death:
  1. Our tier 2 get upgraded to tier 2-B (Countless Space-Time) on this CRT. Consequently, Celestial Foundation Eater and any character that scale to HRE or creating/destroying Celestial Foundation would be at the very least 2-B.
  2. Heavenly Record Eater name is officially change to Celestial Foundation on this request with the reason to go with the official translation term and to match the name on Instant Death Wikia.

Last edited:
Back