• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yogiri Takatou and Aoi Hayanose, mostly others that get scaled to Plot Manipulation downgrade to Fate Manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
— Main Problems.

• Aoi Hayanose Plot Manipulation Reasonings.
The main thing that Aoi has PM is the description; (Aoi can manipulate the plot of destiny; like a movie protagonist she is protected from death as long as her death is "not interesting") - This is an incorrect description and completely ignores the context in Volume 2 of Instant Death. Because there are so many loopholes.

Aoi can indeed see fate as a "script" just like a movie. However, the Meta-Story there is just a metaphor to explain that each destiny will have a different flow of events. Aoi herself admits that she cannot see everything simultaneously because it is situation-based and each scenario can change in complex ways. Aoi can only see the "destiny" that happens at that moment in time, not simultaneously for all time ( https://gyazo.com/6192eb41e83c03dd1cfd3d886976a018 ) <- Furthermore, another justification for Aoi's Plot Manipulation is because of her alleged Worldview Holders which would fall into the Slippery Slope Fallacy of only taking the extreme of an event (the highest point). Aoi's ability is only described as being able to change events and the world around her, not the entire world. This is very limited, and Aoi admits herself that she cannot do what she thinks is impossible including people who have High-Fate Value, beings who can be considered to have resistance to fate or Supernatural Luck cannot be affected ( https://gyazo.com/dfc0211ae68d151e0a6568d13b1eb4fd ) <- In the next sheet, the meaning of what is "impossible" for Aoi's ability to do is clarified, the moment when she fights the Reptilian Beast, Aoi admits that she cannot change or resist the existence of the Reptilian Beast especially in the size of its head because of the difference in size and strength so that she needs a physical battle to defeat the monster ( https://gyazo.com/83962dd9bfb60cf5789d61a4a9f6f086 ).

The entire conversation of Volume 2 proves that Aoi's destiny ability is limited. Aoi cannot control up to the Heavenly Record stage, which is a very wrong wank. Especially, statistically Aoi is the weakest Sage ( )

• Fate Value, Meta-Story, that is a full of misconceptions.

Based on the above, it is clear that the limitation of Aoi's abilities, which from all the descriptions I found, are "seeing fate, changing fate" and the like on a limited scale. The meaning of "Meta Story" can be interpreted as controlling events with other events, which is different from the fundamental criteria of Plot Manipulation from the vsbattle standard that looks at the fictionalization of characters who have this ability.

"Plot Manipulation is the ability to control the plot that governs reality. Commonly found in metafictional stories, the plot can be understood as a fundamental aspect of reality once one views that reality as fictional. It is the description of the world that doesn't only describe, but determines, reality itself."

Based on the explanation of Aoi's ability, her ability is limited and only leads to the "destiny" she sees ( ), the meaning of meta story in these scans ( ) <- does not mean that Aoi controls one's destiny to a fundamental level, but only sees destiny as a metaphor like a movie script. Meta story can mean "a story within a story" and the destiny Aoi sees is a small destiny of the big destiny she sees (the meaning of small destiny here is that she only sees the part of the script that benefits her).

Balance of Power ≠ Plot of Destiny. Here Aoi's ability used to change events is "Balance of Power" and this is more like Subjective Reality with Fate Manipulation, according to Aoi's ability. Scans for Balance of Power: ( )
Aoi's own abilities are limited and she can be subject to Fear Inducement by her opponent. Despite having Precognition, if the opponent's skill base is superior and has Fear Manip like Yogiri, then Aoi can be paralyzed. Scans for Aoi being hit by Yogiri's Fear Manip: () - You might reason that Yogiri was the end all be all, and would obviously scare Aoi, but that context is irrelevant because the reason Aoi was scared was because she saw a destiny where the victory was entirely Yogiri's and she could not overcome that with her Balance of Power.

• Yukimasa's Future Controls.
Yukimasa as a person who also confronts Yogiri and can control "fate" does not show the conditions corresponding to Plot Manipulation, but only a form of Fate Manipulation which ultimately has no effect on Yogiri. Based on her ability to manipulate the future with a full description can be seen here: ( https://imgur.io/a/TmlN0GH )

— Conclusion.
1. Aoi does not have Plot Manipulation, we here cannot suppress the context to bring Heavenly Record, even though in the same volume (volume 2) Aoi admits that her abilities are very limited and cannot deny the existence of the opponent.
2. Aoi does not have Plot Manipulation, but only Fate Manipulation. The meaning of Meta- Story is different from Meta- Fictional. Standard vsbattle uses Meta-Fictional which directs the plot as the fundamental aspect and the user sees it as a "fiction" that can be changed regardless of the setting, not just a string of fate that is seen like a movie script, if it is just like that then her ability will only be a Meta-Story that manipulates events on other events on a small scale.
3. Takatou Yogiri will also not have Plot Manip.
4. The most appropriate rating is to change Plot Manip, to Fate Manipulation along with the resistance to the ability.

— Votings.
Agree: @FlugelAlcor @Robo @Setsuna_tenma @guguk01 @Vasco @Mr._Undetected @WanderingGecko @Tatsumi504 @MattSatire @Gutzz @Duedate8898 (staff) @Harith0cell @Fixxed @Rendynoc0unter @RamadhanDayYet @GreatIskandar14045 @Goatzuki21
• Disagree:
@PhantomØ4 @Overlord_THE_END

Last edited:
Ouhh, I thought that they got a Plot Manipulation from High Fate Value, which is it can makes the user always winning in every events cmiiw.

Btw I agree, because Aoi's ability doesn't even fit with VsB's current standard to get a Plot Manipulation.

Also, topic on. I disagree with the downgrade. As long as the verse mentions metafictional elements, it can be qualified for plot manipulation.
And in this instance, it is mentioned. I don't see any reason to say for rejecting it, or even equating it to fate, since fate is nowhere plot.

Also, topic on. I disagree with the downgrade. As long as the verse mentions metafictional elements, it can be qualified for plot manipulation.
1. The Meta-Story parts is different than our standard of meta-fictional. You should read about my explanation. It's just a metaphorical sentences to explain that history can branch off like a movies. And never tell us the fundamental aspects of it.

And in this instance, it is mentioned. I don't see any reason to say for rejecting it, or even equating it to fate, since fate is nowhere plot.
Infact, all of Aoi ability that used for Plot Manip justifications is all based of Fate description. Incase such as power of balance that controls destiny, and manipulating fate-values that is weaker than her. And, you should understand that we have to analyse this case by case. We can't generalize a verse that mention thing as "Meta" is the same as down to fundamental levels. You just what we call as generalization fallacy. And false equivalence fallacy.

1. The Meta-Story parts is different than our standard of meta-fictional. You should read about my explanation. It's just a metaphorical sentences to explain that history can branch off like a movies. And never tell us the fundamental aspects of it.
It is still a metafictional element.
Infact, all of Aoi ability that used for Plot Manip justifications is all based of Fate description. Incase such as power of balance that controls destiny, and manipulating fate-values that is weaker than her. And, you should understand that we have to analyse this case by case. We can't generalize a verse that mention thing as "Meta" is the same as down to fundamental levels. You just what we call as generalization fallacy. And false equivalence fallacy.
Is the downgrade based on justification? Since your reasoning for downgrade is all based on “metaphor” but never disproved it.

It is still a metafictional element.
It's not fundamental, and something infundamental is not enough to filled with the criteria of Plot Manip. Before debating with me for a debate purpose, and no intention to clear the topic, you should prove why your point is right and why the generalize point can be used, because what you're doing right now is a simple way to reject with no solid-arguments.

Is the downgrade based on justification? Since your reasoning for downgrade is all based on “metaphor” but never disproved it.
How come I never disproved it? Aoi literally explain her limits, and the reason she said "meta-story" because the script of the world acts like a part of movie, and it's full of hyperbolics.

It's not fundamental, and something infundamental is not enough to filled with the criteria of Plot Manip. Before debating with me for a debate purpose, and no intention to clear the topic, you should prove why your point is right and why the generalize point can be used, because what you're doing right now is a simple way to reject with no solid-arguments.
It is enough if it meets any metafictional elements.
How come I never disproved it? Aoi literally explain her limits, and the reason she said "meta-story" because the script of the world acts like a part of movie, and it's full of hyperbolics.
The script of the world is already big proof. I disagree with the thread.

It is enough if it meets any metafictional elements.
Aoi can indeed see fate as a "script" just like a movie. However, the Meta-Story there is just a metaphor to explain that each destiny will have a different flow of events. Aoi herself admits that she cannot see everything simultaneously because it is situation-based and each scenario can change in complex ways. Aoi can only see the "destiny" that happens at that moment in time, not simultaneously for all time ( https://gyazo.com/6192eb41e83c03dd1cfd3d886976a018 ) <- Furthermore, another justification for Aoi's Plot Manipulation is because of her alleged Worldview Holders which would fall into the Slippery Slope Fallacy of only taking the extreme of an event (the highest point). Aoi's ability is only described as being able to change events and the world around her, not the entire world. This is very limited, and Aoi admits herself that she cannot do what she thinks is impossible including people who have High-Fate Value, beings who can be considered to have resistance to fate or Supernatural Luck cannot be affected ( https://gyazo.com/dfc0211ae68d151e0a6568d13b1eb4fd ) <- In the next sheet, the meaning of what is "impossible" for Aoi's ability to do is clarified, the moment when she fights the Reptilian Beast, Aoi admits that she cannot change or resist the existence of the Reptilian Beast especially in the size of its head because of the difference in size and strength so that she needs a physical battle to defeat the monster ( https://gyazo.com/83962dd9bfb60cf5789d61a4a9f6f086 ).

^ I hope you read that closely, not just disagreeing with no reason at all.

The script of the world is already big proof. I disagree with the thread.
The main problem of your logics right now, is doing thing carelessly without any fluent judgement to critise thing case by case. That description only come to play to support Aoi's fate manipulation thing, and it's never stated to be a fundamental aspects and they're seeing them as fictional. Rather, they are only seeing them as a "script" that holds the same value to materialization of such possibilities without indicating any fictional-view parts. It's really different, you shall know right, the name of an ability can't be considered as a real potential of it? I mean, we sure can't claim A that has an ability with a name like "Future Killer" to be a conceptual erasure existence just because it erase the future of person.

If he can see fate as script, this is enough for plot manipulation.
You are complicating yourself.
Well no. Seeing fate as a script it just a metaphorical way to say the branch of history just like a movies. Yhwach can see a fates like "grand of sands" that countless in sense, should we make him has Plot Manip too? because he was seeing them meaningless and more straight superior than seeing thing like a script.

Boi, are you joking? it's literally in the thread. The whole proof about it being metaphorical. Are you just teasing me or what lol.
No, I am not. If he treats an object as a script. It is fine as it is. The author used metafictional elements in his work. I don't see any reasons to assume it is not plot manipulation. Specially he said “Fate and Plot”, It won't make any sense if he meant it synonymously because both terms refers to something else.

I still disagree with the CRT.

No, I am not. If he treats an object as a script. It is fine as it is. The author used metafictional elements in his work. I don't see any reasons to assume it is not plot manipulation. Specially he said “Fate and Plot”, It won't make any sense if he meant it synonymously because both terms refers to something else.

I still disagree with the CRT.
Boi. You can see the scans yourself. Aoi literally says that "if" that means she reffers thing as a metaphorical way and the way she peek at script, it's just how her precognition work. So that's like what I said, has no metafictional element like our standard. It just means as metaphorical sense.

Like “our standard”. Script is a metafictional element. Also, I was not referring to this instance.
I was referring to this, + the translation is even accurate.
Ha? how is that more accurate? the scans that I brought literally from yen-press. I can show you the official scans, but you show me the MTL scans from manga. Bro I'm not an ambiguity to use an MTL for supports my claim, not like a fandom of this community who take everything as literal sense. And the scans you brought means the same, what is the different is the sentences because you are using MTL.

̶O̶h ̶D̶r̶e̶a̶d, ̶y̶o̶u'̶r̶e ̶n̶o̶t ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d ̶o̶f ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶s ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r ̶t̶h̶a̶n ̶M̶G̶K̶F, ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t ̶y̶o̶u?

Also, agree FRA
He is nitpicking and trying to say it is not a metafictional element. If complicating is his way to win the argument, I won't let it.
Plot and Fate are explicitly separated. So there is metafictional element in the verse.

Ha? how is that more accurate? the scans that I brought literally from yen-press. I can show you the official scans, but you show me the MTL scans from manga. Bro I'm not an ambiguity to use an MTL for supports my claim, not like a fandom of this community who take everything as literal sense. And the scans you brought means the same, what is the different is the sentences because you are using MTL.
This is official scan.

He is nitpicking and trying to say it is not a metafictional element. If complicating is his way to win the argument, I won't let it.
Plot and Fate are explicitly separated. So there is metafictional element in the verse.
Who let's who? the one who you persuade can see the truth. Bro, you don't have the claim to say I'm making things complicated while you here, acting using a MTL from manga more accurate than the official translation from Light Novels.

This is official scan.
You're literally telling me a piece of rough translation from MTL is official? bro i've knowledge in this verse and I know which one is official.

Sometimes, complicating something is useful tho, and i'spose he's not wrong

Who let's who? the one who you persuade can see the truth. Bro, you don't have the claim to say I'm making things complicated while you here, acting using a MTL from manga more accurate than the official translation from Light Novels.
You are actually making things complicated. “I view this as script”, alone, qualifies.
You're literally telling me a piece of rough translation from MTL is official? bro i've knowledge in this verse and I know which one is official.
Argument from Authority? The scan I brought is official. chapter 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back