• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In series, Edo Tensei is unaffected by Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Why?

Is it because Edo Tensei is a soul?

Then, all soul base existence is unaffected by Infinite Tsukuyomi or even all genjutsu?

We know the main difference is that they're already dead whilst the ones affected were not. Does this give them Rinnegan level mindhax resistance? That's likely going to be the main topic of debate.

Maybe IT only targets living creatures due to Kaguya wanting to create an army of Zetsu when she first casted it, that's why it ignored the Edo-Kages?

Probably because Edo Tenseis are "Conscious Ninjutsu". It was probably due to this or an inconsistency.

Genjutsu itself has been shown to affect Edo's, as shown by Tayuya affecting Edo Itachi and Kotoamatsukami.

For now it appears to just be a special weakness of the Infinite Tsukuyomi that it can't affect reanimated individuals.

@Damage

In fact, it doesn't seem like a real weakness to me. But I think I would like to emphasize my points a little more:

• Edo's have been shown to be able to be caught in Genjutsu. I think that makes it unsustainable that IT does not take them, in addition to something without any explanation.
  • They are also considered a "conscious Ninjutsu" and not resuscitated bodies/Undeads, which is the main reason why TSB does not have Regen Negation (and I think Soul Destruction).
What you think about this?

infinite tsukyomi is just an amped version of tskyuomi and we know genjutsu still works on edo tensei, IT is meant to mindwipe and turn you to zetsus but since the edo tenseis are souls in another persons body it didnt work

tsb should have soul destruction, i understand not granting regen negation but minatos arms were still missing when he floated away

Even if it can't turn them into Zetsu, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to affect them when other Genjutsu can and IT affected even animals.

The simplest answer without further information, unless we wanted to speculate on it for the sake of fun, is that the undead can't be affected.

Kidkinsey said:
tsb should have soul destruction, i understand not granting regen negation but minatos arms were still missing when he floated away
The TSB broke the binding of the Edo Tenshi. The reason Minato's arms aren't shown is because that part of his soul is back is already back in the afterlife.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Kidkinsey said:
How is that related to the OP's question?
it was in reply to mostpowerful i just didnt quote him

probably not they just got the mindwipe effect, this would be much easier if itachi had just used tsuykomi on an edo tensei

The name doesn't mean much, IT isn't Tsukuyomi at the end of the day, nor is it simply a much stronger version.

It goes ahead and makes a full on literal mental world, a bit beyond what we have seen Tsukuyomi ever do.

i just found this explanation what do you think

Their sacrificial body may be hit by the Infiite Tsukuyomi, but the Edo's mind is not really in contact with that body. So, the effect of the IT doesn't reach the Edo's consciousness to capture it

Whatever explanation we come up with is an assumption at the end of the day. Perhaps if we had Tobirama to talk to us or Orochimaru since they know the Ressurrection jutsu so well.

It goes ahead and makes a full on literal mental world, a bit beyond what we have seen Tsukuyomi ever do.

Itachi's Tsukuyomi does literally that,IT does it on larger population.

Kage's were revived using White Zetsus,so its logical they weren't affected.

I think it's simply that the Infinite Tsukuyomi wasn't made with a jutsu like the Reanimation one in mind. It only focuses on the living since the dead should have no barring on the living world without the hands of those alive doing work.

yeah in the panel when madara is explaining the moon eye plan ( infinite tsukuyomi) he has obito in tsukyomi and he specifcally says when using THIS jutsu we can put people into a world of dreams

they are quite literally the same jutsu except as slac said IT does it on a larger scale

Slacjow said:
Itachi's Tsukuyomi does literally that,IT does it on larger population.

Hokage revived by Orochimaru, not using White Zetsu.

iirc IT purpose is for Kaguya to absorb everyone chakra to become stronger. She should make it affect ET if she want more chakra, because ET has infinite chakra.

AkiraDegawa said:
Slacjow said:
It goes ahead and makes a full on literal mental world, a bit beyond what we have seen Tsukuyomi ever do.Itachi's Tsukuyomi does literally that,IT does it on larger population.
Hokage revived by Orochimaru, not using White Zetsu.
their bodies were white zetsu tho i think

also the IT binds you and takes your life force, she couldnt steal the chakra of the edo kage because its bodies were white zetsu it was just their souls were bound to them

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
The name doesn't mean much, IT isn't Tsukuyomi at the end of the day, nor is it simply a much stronger version.

I suggest you go read Itachi novels cause that's literally what basics Tsukuyomi does

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
These novels pulling so much stuff gets irksome to be honest.
Sometimes I wish we could distinctly separate main manga canon from additional canon like light novels, for all series.

Yea no u basically want a wide range wiki revision that's not going o happen especially with what's ablut to happen to the wiki now

Sometimes I wish we could distinctly separate main manga canon from additional canon like light novels, for all series.

I mean, as long as the novels are canon, I don't see the problem.

AstralKing7 said:
Yea no u basically want a wide range wiki revision that's not going o happen especially with what's ablut to happen to the wiki now
My comment was not a serious suggestion.

Ionliosite said:
I mean, as long as the novels are canon, I don't see the problem.
but novels kinda contradicts the anime.

Shikamaru Shinden happened when Ohnoki was alive yet in anime he died before that. so Shikamaru Shinden cant be canon to the anime anymore unless they change the story for the anime

Back