• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS: The Downgrading, where Electricity is not Bogalooing

Alright, changed up both profiles, whadayaguys think?

We should also probably get rid of a majority of the Gallery junk on the verse page, and replace it with other stuff.

They look pretty good, finally glad we replaced that old Kessler photo.

I kinda want to change inFamous 1 Cole's neutral quote tho, because it's just so painfully edgy that I can't look at it for more than 3 seconds

Actually, I think Beast Cole should have a + Rating.

His power combined with The Beast would be 690 Gigatons, and I believe 550 or so is the range for +.

That makes sense to me. I was gonna mention how the Large Island level feat was performed by John just as a byproduct of him transferring his powers to Cole and then letting himself blow up, so his AP is probably higher than that.

Since Evil Cole is basically equal to terms of the Beast in terms of AP, and they are combining power, it would basically become John's AP + Cole's AP, which should put him well into the Large Island+ range.

Right....

So besides finding a new Netural quote, is there anything else we should take care of?

So

Am I the only one who finds the 7B feat very Iffy?

It's based of Cole surviving the Ray Sphere......Which is meant to give Conduits their power, not blow them up

It was made by other Conduits, so presumably they'd know what a conduit can survive. The explosion created a huge crater and left Cole badly scarred so it clearly still hurts Conduits, they're just durable enough to survive it.

Basically wright way.

It's a big kaboom, it's not meant to kill, but anyone not durable enough to take it is gonna get Atomized.

That said, Cole is durable enough.

Well from what we know about the Ray Sphere, it is indeed supposed to give them powers and not blow them up, but there's a lot of things hat you have to consider here.

The only thing that Conduits are protected from during a Ray Sphere blast is the Ray Field radiation due to their unique biology, that's it. That means that they still have to withstand the insane amounts of heat and concussive force (which was enough to obliterate several city blocks) that thing puts out whenever it shoots off.

Kessler even said that he was worried that the explosion would kill Cole, but he proved to be strong enough to survive it, albeit heavily wounded.

It means I'm going to punch you in the face repeatedly until you stop moving

Also Cole now says "no u" to Pikachu blitzing

Even if we took the durability from the blast of the first Infamous game, Hop think it is biased to give even survivors of a point blank attack anything above 8-A, more likely it's 8-B all because:

• While everything was torn up it wasn't vaporized you know (vaped, atomized, it was destroyed but it was all still structural)
  • While we see the amount of damage it's caused, analyze for 10 seconds how slow that "explosion" is, it's more likely it degraded and eroded things than sheer force
Hop could have given a better (more accurate) Tier or durability but come on, anything higher needs a good calc and something to base it off.

I mean

The low end is explicitly for the loose ends like unvaporized bits

And the Destruction caused was indeed 7-B.

If you'd like to do a more on point recalculation, then, by all means.

Thank you for providing. I will give revised input once I get time to go over it today.

Edit: While Perp displayed great calc skills and we are going with the low end, the reasoning I still have for disagreeing with its validity in AP is the fact everyone still considered the damage done to be "vaporized" when the structure is clearly intact. And we're giving City Level to a Multi-City Block RANGED "explosion" that did like 8-C to 8-A damage to the ground and buildings around it.

Ethically, and going off evidence rather than what feels like a misunderstood basis for that calc's output (I respect the other staff's input, but this 'feels like wank to be honest, my 2 cents & I know know it doesn't mean shit), I can't stand by the current this in regards soleley this feat. We are still welcome to use any other great showing of durablity for this character in my opinion.

Can an anti-organism weapon be planetary against all living things and just small town level against buildings and anything else? Lots of bio weapons are like that. (Even the life wiping bomb Carnage once tanked is like that.)

Personally Hop has no idea. Bio-wiping super duper depends on many factors. Humans only? All animals? Plants too? Are we including non-organics? Multi and single cell organisms? Do viruses (non-living bio-affecting entities) and such count?

If we just say **** it and yes to everything there, that's allow of physical mass to account for. Not to mention, how are we quantiefying that? We assume it will vaporize everything and not do much of anything to nonliving things? Let's be fair how can a weapon disntinguish targets?

This kind of thing is always bound to be case-by-case and depends on the rules of the verse.

Well if we can't use the Ray Sphere feat, we still have this storm feat which comes out to 14 megatons

The last thing we have for inFamous 1 is this calc that Teen suggested:

Feat: (basing this off of this To Aru calc)

Cole summons a massive lightning bolt on top of David

For reference, the ship they're fighting on is the USS George Washingto, which is a real life aircraft carrier

Request: By using the same methods used in the To Aru calc, and the measurements of the Washington, can someone calculate the energy output of the bolt? Please and thank you

Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer said:
I still have for disagreeing with its validity in AP is the fact everyone still considered the damage done to be "vaporized" when the structure is clearly intact. And we're giving City Level to a Multi-City Block RANGED "explosion" that did like 8-C to 8-A damage to the ground and buildings around it.
Problem is, Vaporizing takes a ton of energy. Unless you want to tell me that 9-A Human Vaporization isn't a thing because you're not destroying a Small Building, you're destroying a person, that's not exactly a valid argument. In fact, to take this to a logical extreme, this logic could be applied to this to say that atomic Destruction for an island is only 6-C. Which, is absurd to say the least.

If it was conventional Destruction like Violent Frag and not outright smoking craters, yes, it wouldn't be City level. But, the Destruction caused was indeed Vaporization. Thereby, that's the sort of energy it required. It didn't need to bust the buildings to leave red hot, I must emphasize, smoking, craters, and get such results.

Phew, looks like the Ray Sphere feat is still safe for now. I hope we can still get a calc for that lightning feat tho.

Anywho, one thing I wanted to mention was how we should edit Cole and Kessler's X-Ray vision and bio-scanning and radar sensing.

Basically, Kessler should have X Ray vision and bio-scanning removed, and just left with radar sensing, same for inFamous 1 Cole.

Bio scanning and x Ray should only be in inFamous 2, Cole's profile, since he only got the abilities from John boosting his radar sense.

"possibly Acausality (Type 1) (Kessler, his future self, was completely unaffected by changes in the timeline. And had no quarrel with killing Cole in their battle, implying he would've been unaffected by the death of his past self. However, since the mechanics of time travel in InFAMOUS are never elaborated on, we don't know if this is simply due to Multiverse theory or not.)"

Wouldn't this be Time Paradox Immunity?

Back