• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading Ayanokouji's Intelligence

How is surpassing the development of gifted students vastly more impressive than surpassing the development of humanity as a whole? Lmao.

You are making zero sense. At this point you're arguing against yourself.

How is surpassing the development of gifted students vastly more impressive than surpassing the development humanity of humanity as a whole? Lmao.

You are making zero sense. At this point you're arguing against yourself.
That those children have more potential than most of humanity? Idk. You guess.

I don't have to guess. The answer is no, they don't, in any capacity, at all, whatsoever.

You literally just claimed that they are gifted, which essentially means you’re admitting that these children have more potential than most average humans. But, hey, whatever I guess.

It literally can't be referring to human development in general if humans devised the curriculum. You are saying humans made an academic curriculum that surpasses human academics. That doesn't make any logical sense and requires you to ignore the context.
This is such a flawed premise btw, the level of human attainability and development is different than the level at which a curriculum can be created. You are essentially claiming that it isn't possible for humans to create a curriculum that is impossible and above human limits.

I will set a goal to bench press 1500 kg, I will train everyday by increasing my bench press by 1 kg a day for 1500 days until I reach my goal. Does that mean that bench pressing 1500 kg is not above human limits because I was able to devise a curriculum to reach that goal?

The idea that because humans devised the WR curriculum that it can't be above the limit of human development is absurd. Also I'll remind you that the highest example of peak human (William James Sidis) matches the level 5 WR curriculum which is the human limit. So again surpassing that certainly qualifies, but i've said all this before and you called it "gifted, possibly genius". Since we are just waiting on staff I won't go on but I couldn't just let you throw nonsense like that out there and just get away with it.

Why do you keep changing the goal post? First you said he surpassed the development humanity as a whole.

When I disagreed and said he only surpassed the capacity of gifted students, you actually agreed with that, effectively nuking what you previously claimed.

NOW, you have lowered the bar even further by saying that you were referring to average humans the entire time???

So your argument was that he should be E.G because his academic knowledge scales above people who scale above average intelligence?

Great one.

Why do you keep changing the goal post? First you said he surpassed the development humanity as a whole.

When I disagreed and said he only surpassed the capacity of gifted students, you actually agreed with that, effectively nuking what you previously claimed.

NOW, you have lowered the bar even further by saying that you were referring to average humans the entire time???

So your argument was that he should be E.G because his academic knowledge scales above people who scale above average intelligence?

Great one.
I guess you missed the part where I said even if we go by your intrepetation it still doesn't make the feat less impressive. Basically playing on your part.

This is such a flawed premise btw, the level of human attainability and development is different than the level at which a curriculum can be created. You are essentially claiming that it isn't possible for humans to create a curriculum that is impossible and above human limits.
Why and how would humans create a curriculum that they know is impossible for humans? Especially in terms of academics, where you have to have know about subjects to teach them to that extent. Moreover, where is your context this is what they did?

The context only suggests that the curriculum at that point was too difficult for the students to handle, thus it was deemed their limit.

Ocram's razor applies and any head canon you make up to try and justify your E.G. agenda are dismissed.

I will set a goal to bench press 1500 kg, I will train everyday by increasing my bench press by 1 kg a day for 1500 days until I reach my goal. Does that mean that bench pressing 1500 kg is not above human limits because I was able to devise a curriculum to reach that goal?
False equivalence because you don't know what the end goal of the beta curriculum was in regards to the students. You are making an assumption without evidence that this is even an accurate comparison.

Not to mention, trying to compare academic learning to a weight lifting goal is blatantly disingenuous.

Also I'll remind you that the highest example of peak human (William James Sidis) matches the level 5 WR curriculum which is the human limit. So again surpassing that certainly qualifies, but i've said all this before and you called it "gifted, possibly genius". Since we are just waiting on staff I won't go on but I couldn't just let you throw nonsense like that out there and just get away with it.
Bro you aren't even hiding the head canon anymore.

How you came to this conclusion amazes me. Potential and intelligence are different, and they are in a facility that pushes them to their utmost limits, which by real world standards, is probably enough to consider them exceptional geniuses by the time they leave

Ocram's razor applies and any head canon you make up to try and justify your E.G. agenda are dismissed.
I thought we were finished arguing this but if your best argument for why the beta curriculum isn't above the limit of human development is "it's my headcanon" then I will respond.

The beta curriculum was designed to stretch human potential to the breaking point, it is specifically mentioned to be completely unfeasible to complete and could never be reached. The beta curriculum would destroy the students. This isn't just "too difficult" but beyond the capabilities of normal humans.

False equivalence because you don't know what the end goal of the beta curriculum was in regards to the students. You are making an assumption without evidence that this is even an accurate comparison.

Not to mention, trying to compare academic learning to a weight lifting goal is blatantly disingenuous.
No it isn't a false equivalence. The point of the analogy was to point out your ridiculous premise that humans can't create a curriculum of learning that is above the limit which humans can learn. If this were true than gaining the kind of knowledge that Ayanokouji has would be possible by normal people IRL, and that clearly isn't the case. The curriculum contains a level of knowledge which is well beyond normal human limits as it takes geniuses in their fields and the beta curriculum has Ayanokouji surpass EACH OF THEM. You seem to be under the impression that being above a genius level in knowledge in a single subject is the same as having that level of knowledge in EVERY academic subject. This is one of the key distinctions between EG and Genius rating. Genius says it's the level of IRL geniuses "usually in one area of varying depth" vs EG where it says " Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields". That is the point.

Bro you aren't even hiding the head canon anymore.
Honestly it is funny that you seem to think the WR curriculum is just my head canon. Keep coping ig.

The beta curriculum was designed to stretch human potential to the breaking point, it is specifically mentioned to be completely unfeasible to complete and could never be reached. The beta curriculum would destroy the students. This isn't just "too difficult" but beyond the capabilities of normal humans.
You are inserting so many of your own ideas that aren't present in the scan that it is practically just head canon.

The scan literally says it is infeasible in reference to CHILDREN, the people that these curriculums were designed for.

My goodness man. You are extrapolating so much.

No it isn't a false equivalence. The point of the analogy was to point out your ridiculous premise that humans can't create a curriculum of learning that is above the limit which humans can learn. If this were true than gaining the kind of knowledge that Ayanokouji has would be possible by normal people IRL, and that clearly isn't the case. The curriculum contains a level of knowledge which is well beyond normal human limits as it takes geniuses in their fields and the beta curriculum has Ayanokouji surpass EACH OF THEM. You seem to be under the impression that being above a genius level in knowledge in a single subject is the same as having that level of knowledge in EVERY academic subject. This is one of the key distinctions between EG and Genius rating. Genius says it's the level of IRL geniuses "usually in one area of varying depth" vs EG where it says " Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields". That is the point.
It is a false equivalence because the difference between some arbitrary lifting goal and an academic one is ridiculously vast.

Academic goals in a curriculum require strict guidelines that would literally necessitate you to be knowledgeable enough to create. Otherwise you'd just be creating nonsense.

Like how could you make a curriculum on making a time machine without knowing how to make a time machine yourself? How could you make a curriculum on solving mathematical equations and concepts that are beyond human knowledge without even knowing that stuff? That makes zero sense and should not be the default assumption for this case in any capacity.

It's a stupid comparison.

If staff isn’t coming, I am not sure piling on extra arguments is the way to go. In fact It makes it even harder for staff to do anything.

At this point, I hate to say it but the thread has been stalled out by back and forth arguments (not implying bad faith). Especially given that this is a discussion which makes it so we GO BACKWARDS (we were literally at the lack of fictionalized EG tier intelligence depictions, now we’re back at knowledge).

Everyone should think about how to proceed either towards reaching a consensus or a way to resolve this rather than arguing. In fact the CRT for fixing his profile is on hold for this.

The scan literally says it is infeasible in reference to CHILDREN, the people that these curriculums were designed for.
Children who remain in the curriculum for 18 years. Also funny how you didn't address anything of substance from my response regarding the breadth of knowledge the beta curriculum contains and just made another analogy which actually supports my point. Ayanokouji vastly surpasses the real world upper limits of knowledge by having an amount of knowledge which is completely unattainable. Compared to actual geniuses who are the instructors (which we have shown many times) Ayanokouji reaches a level of knowledge which surpasses each of them combined as a child.

You are inserting so many of your own ideas that aren't present in the scan that it is practically just head canon.
Most of my response here was quoting the scan I provided so I assume you just didn't read it.

If staff isn’t coming, I am not sure piling on extra arguments is the way to go. In fact It makes it even harder for staff to do anything.

At this point, I hate to say it but the thread has been stalled out by back and forth arguments (not implying bad faith). Especially given that this is a discussion which makes it so we GO BACKWARDS (we were literally at the lack of fictionalized EG tier intelligence depictions, now we’re back at knowledge).

Everyone should think about how to proceed either towards reaching a consensus or a way to resolve this rather than arguing.
Like I said above I agree with this and would like to just get staff in here, but if he is going to make ridiculous arguments like this, which have no basis, and ignore all of the previous posts which disprove it I wasn't going to just ignore that.

Like how could you make a curriculum on making a time machine without knowing how to make a time machine yourself?
The important point Phoenks is making is this. Normally “vastly surpasses human knowledge” isn’t just “has professorship in 12 domains” it’s “knows so much more physics than humans that they create a time machine or create a matter shifting device”. their point isn’t invalid.

Haven't read all of the 17 pages in their entirety because screw that, but;
We considered the fifth or sixth level to the limit of human development.
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but this doesn't read as "the limit of the children", but moreso the limit of all of humanity, considering the phrasing.

I'm all in for possibly/likely E.G.

Also, people been talking about stonewalling, but istg I remember seeing posts about that even 5-6 pages prior. It's clear people won't stop talking about this, so I think just not talking about stonewalling is the better choice here since at this point, I won't be surprised if quite a portion of this thread were just talking about the stonewall/things not contributing to the thread at all.

The important point Phoenks is making is this. Normally “vastly surpasses human knowledge” isn’t just “has professorship in 12 domains” it’s “knows so much more physics than humans that they create a time machine or create a matter shifting device”. their point isn’t invalid.
Yes I'm aware how OP was trying to change the goalpost of the argument with this. The argument was how Ayanokouji exceeds the upper human limits. He does so by surpassing genius instructors in their chosen fields, which has been explained more than once already to be above professor level, and it's the fact that he has such knowledge across all of his academics which places him above normal human limits as possessing such knowledge isn't possible for normal humans. There is also him directly stating he has more knowledge than a person can learn in their lifetime which supports this.

The argument wasn't that Ayanokouji possesses more knowledge in physics for example than exists in IRL, but that he possesses more knowledge than possible for a human IRL. Which is what is specified for the EG definition.

He is beyond human in two things: Physical Ability and Memory. Breadth of Knowledge and learning ability are a product of his memory.

Does he have any feats of surpassing supercomputers? No. Not in the true sense.
Inventing scifi tech? No
Precognition? No

He does meet the definition of “highly complex strategies under distress” but not much differently than how a few Genius characters already do. He’s unquestionably several notches beneath the Genius Baku in this category.

I can’t see how he can have a straight EG rating. Like even if you’re a supporter and insist on EG, how would you communicate that he’s an extremely low end EG? (By the wiki’s standards of what constitutes an EG).

Last edited:
He is beyond human in three things: Physical Ability and Memory. Breadth of Knowledge and learning ability are a product of his memory.
It has been proven beyond ANY doubt in this thread that his learning ability is unrelated to his memory. His knowledge is only tangentially related to memory since he can retain his knowledge via his memory but it doesn't assist him in actually learning it. Before you try to refute this point go find one of the 2-3 times Reggor proved this already in the thread (he posted is large bold text the last time so you can't miss it) since the LN directly disproves the idea that his learning ability and knowledge are products of his memory.

That being said, if you agree his knowledge is beyond human level then I assume you agree that he meets that criteria of an EG rating.

Vast knowledge across multiple fields - Yes
Above human limits - yes
complex strategy - yes
surpassing supercomputers - you disagree but I argue yes
advanced tech - no
future prediction - yes (he has a scan which verbatim says he can "calculate" future events by considering all possibilities)

So at worst he only meets 4/6 of the EG points and I have been arguing 5/6.

But as is the case I don't want to get back into this since arguments have already been made for all of this, so let's just go back to waiting for staff.

I might be going crazy, but did 7 pages come out of nowhere?
A bunch of yapping with no substance, maybe this should be have been made as a staff thread as no sane mod would read over 17 pages to decide whether these feats are Extraordinary Genius or not, right now it only has Qawsedf234 accepting the changes.

A bunch of yapping with no substance, maybe this should be have been made as a staff thread as no sane mod would read over 17 pages to decide whether these feats are Extraordinary Genius or not, right now it only has Qawsedf234 accepting the changes.
The last time he was posting on the thread, Qawsedf234 said he agreed that a baseline EG could be argued, instead of agreeing with the OP to accept the changes. The thread clearly continued since then but I wanted to make sure it was noted his original post where he agreed with OP he edited to say it was before counterarguments. Then he said this later. There were arguments made to support his future predictions following this as well.
Reading from the top of the page down I really only see the following part being hit

In that he has expert knowledge in multiple fields and exceeds a IRL person's shown intelligence. The main issue is that he's only a EG for those reasons and other than complex strategies I'm not seeing supported.. Nothing is futuristic technology, outperforming a supercomputer or doing math based precog.

He's at least Genius, and I think like baseline EG can be argued. But he'd be at the bottom of that level.

I second this. I'll admit I got a little off track too, but my God this is insane. The proposal for this was about 2 pages ago too by @MCH2. I think we've been going around in circles without a proper conclusion or other mod activity besides Qawsed and UchihaSlayer.

Do with what I say as you will, but we need some kind of middle ground to meet on or we might get another 4 pages of this.

Back