• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS: The Downgrading, where Electricity is not Bogalooing

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I work... Not really at all on my jokes, honestly they're more funny all natural.

DMUA said:
Lol no
Low 7-C vs 7-B who's main gig is firing the Low 7-C's major weakness is a massive stomp.
Poor when months ago there were weeks debating whether a low 7-C actually has a slim chance defeating an "at least 6-C" while it has been a consensus a low 7-C will be stomped by just a 7-B.

Added to the fact that Infamous actually gets a comic book series made by DC Comics and DC never lose against a non-Marvel combatant in a Death Battle... wait Prototype also gets a comic book series made by DC Comics.

DMUA said:
I'm pretty sure are him fighting The Beast and Kuo was RFI Cole.
"Has about half of the power of his Beast self" is probably better.
What actually happened is she fought 7 Blast Core Cole with The Beast, and then, after defeating her and getting hit by Nix's blast, he absorbed the RFI. Details are here.

Yeah, I rewatched it, wew I was rusty.

I think it was there but I confused myself massively about what happened in the inFAMOUS endgame

Eh, we can easily just add it back.

Yeah, basically it's just 7 Blast Cores Absorbed Good Cole vs Kuo/The Beast

or

7 Blast Cores Absorbed Evil Cole vs Nix w/ RFI

>Mid High

The fork

inFAMOUS 1 Evil Cole has Mid Low, Low Mid via absorbing Electricity. inFAMOUS 2 Evil Cole, IE, Beast Cole, has High.

OH

That's apart of his Non Canon inFAMOUS 2 Vampire powers, as it elaborates.

It's not related to the first game, and the OP needs to specify if Cole has those powers in the match.

Though I think that needs to be re-examined, as iirc, that regen comes from Bloody Mary being supposedly burnt to ash by the people of New Marais... but that comes from the urban myth surrounding Mary, we see her decomposed corpse in casket being protected by her goons at the beginning of the game. She was revived by ingesting some of Cole's blood.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Though I think that needs to be re-examined, as iirc, that regen comes from Bloody Mary being supposedly burnt to ash by the people of New Marais... but that comes from the urban myth surrounding Mary, we see her decomposed corpse in casket being protected by her goons at the beginning of the game. She was revived by ingesting some of Cole's blood.
It also takes her blood to revive, so it isn't applicable in combat

Well it's more like their regen is dependent on blood. Vampires in game can regenerate damage done to them if left alone for long enough.

Gargoyle One said:
I mean, considering base Cole would have a + if we were allowed to, Evil Cole is probably about 200 Megatons, maybe a bit lower, but, not quite baseline.

Actually, in retrospect, I think "High 6-C" might be a bit of an inflation based on way too much speculation. "Possibly Higher" would probably be a better rating with the statements we have.

Though, I for one think 6-C should still be fine at the very least as a "Likely".

I mean, considering base Cole would have a + if we were allowed to, Evil Cole is probably about 200 Megatons, maybe a bit lower, but, not quite baseline.

53.5x2 is 107

If you're not allowed to have the +, we don't treat it like you do

At least 107 but eh it's not that big of a deal.

DMUA said:
Actually, in retrospect, I think "High 6-C" might be a bit of an inflation based on way too much speculation. "Possibly Higher" would probably be a better rating with the statements we have.

Though, I for one think 6-C should still be fine at the very least as a "Likely".
Is this for the inFamous 2 crew? Cause I think the calc and the fact that John performed the feat just by transferring his powers and dying solidifies the ranking

Neutral on the inFamous 1 scaling, though I think good Cole should be left at "at least City level" and evil Cole should be at "city level+", I never really understood where the mountain level came from

As per Mountian level, it's mostly the whole "if we were allowed to put the plus here we would put the plus here" ordeal, basically just the same idea as before but it's just 1 joule removed from +, which with x2 is 7-A.

The "At least City level+" comes from the Lowball of not assuming they're 1 joule removed from + with all the power ups, "Likely Mountian level" is assuming that they are things.

So I guess the question I have now is, what else needs to be done?

They're are still some abilities on the profiles that either need to be checked or removed

Second Son tiering is still up in the air

I know we sort of talked about calc'ing the RFI feat, but I really don't think its possible given the frames we have

Anything else you guys can think of?

That's everything

We really just need to figure out second son tiering and then message ant to unlock everything unlocked, and then the thread is done.

Well for Second Son scaling, we have:

Fetch's relativistic punch calc, which came out to Lage Mountain level

Delsin turning people into energy calc, which came out to Small Island

We have the still uncalced feat of Delsin sinking Augustine's concrete mini island (we could never find a good pic of it to scale for soze)

There is a statement that puts Augustine at above inFamous 2 crew (but most likely not Beast and End Game Cole)

There was also another statement, iirc, that said that entire cities where destroyed by Conduits (but I think it was referring to the Beast or something)

Augustine also had her powers activated via Ray Sphere explosion (which was made from the Beast no less), so she should scale to Cole's Ray Sphere feat at the very least

I think that's all we have for now

As for the abilities situation:

Cole:

Time slows needs to go for reasons listed above

Accelerated development can probable be shorted to just "Battle; Physical Stats, Abilities" to help declutter his profile, probably the same for all Conduits

Should kinetic energy manioulation be changed to vibreation manipulation? His shockwaves fit underneath their desription

Kessler:

Time slow needs to go, and the drone summoning should just be left as summoning, not time summoning

Kuo:

Teleportation needs to go (she can't actually teleport, she just turns into a ball of frost and flies around really quickly, she even referred to it as flight herself)

Delsin:

Duplication needs to go, its from a piece of concept art that was never brought into the final version of the game

Idk where teleportation is coming from

Augustine:

Teleportation needs to go, same for intangibility

Celia Penderghast:

Her entire profile needs an overhaul, don't even know where to start

Bloody Mary:

Her Regenerationn needs to be re-examined

I think that's about it, though we should think about how to declutter some of the abilities sections

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
There is a statement that puts Augustine at above inFamous 2 crew (but most likely not Beast and End Game Cole)
Then again, it's "Augustine was the most powerful conduit I've seen", which shouldn't count the cast of the gang entirely. I mean, if people worldwide knew about the heroic actions of Cole and others, they wouldn't be X-Men'ing them to death as they start to resurface. More likely, she's just a particularly powerful conduit among the run of the mill ones, rather then comparable to the main cast, which the person who gave that quote doesn't know about.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Celia Penderghast:

Her entire profile needs an overhaul, don't even know where to start
Pfft, it can't be that ba--

Looks at the profile

Insert Troll 2 clip here

DMUA said:
Yeah that's a good point

Yeah, looks like we forgot to update her profile during the revision process

Also, I was thinking about this for awhile now, but should all Conduit's get Rage Power/Empowerment? It seems like an ability that a lot of them can use:

Delsin snapped after Augustine killed his brother and he managed to manhandle her and her squad of Conduit goons

Fetch went nuts and berserk'd her way through a super max prison that was meant to hold powerful Conduits

Eugene's powers can go out of control if he gets too angry

Nix managed to temporarily incapacitate the Beast with her rage fueled suicide blast

Beast actually showed signs of a berserk mode when he first regenerated at the start of the game, he stated how he was just blindly attacking the strongest thing he could sense

Cole was initially getting his ass kicked by a holding back Kessler in their final fight, but when he saw Zeke getting blasted away, he got back up more pissed off than ever, and managed to turn the tides (plus he received a portion of Nix's powers)

Their also the whole karma thing going on

Also, edited my previous comment for Cole's section

Yeah, Rage power should probably be a standard ability at this point.

Eh, alright.

Though I'm unsure about the kinetic energy thing, cause while shockwaves are produced via his powers and not his strength, he is using electromagnetism to wrap explosive charges into his grenades and rockets, and then there's kinetic pulse

I feel like I'm out of the loop as to what you're referring to, I haven't seen inFAMOUS in a long time.

Back