• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS: The Downgrading, where Electricity is not Bogalooing

Basically for his rockets and grenades, it is stated in the game descriptions that he creates these via using electromagnetism to wrap explosive charges into them and fire them at enemies

Shockwaves are basically shockwaves of kinetic energy that Cole releases from his hands via his powers

All of these rely on Cole manipulating kinetic energy, but shockwaves match the description for Vibration Manipulation

Why can't we have both?

They're using Kinetic Energy to create Shockwaves, Vibration manipulation.

Then again, Vibration manipulation kinda refers more to earthquakes then blasts of energy like Cole does.

.... Yeah, we probably shouldn't treat it as Literally Shockwaves.

Well it also notes that if you create said shockwave through a special ability and not brute force, then it counts as vibreation manipulation, though I guess he can still keep KE manipulation either way

Can somebody provide a TLDR of the new conclusions here?

Several Powers and Abilities edits for the most part is what we're getting at, and we still don't know about Second Son tiering.

Okay. You can place a request on my message wall when you have finished.

Actually.. alright, I've had a bit of a sister site conversation with Tee, and in that, I've realized we should probably just go for High 7-A. Considering how much lower power Delsin's blast cores are, we shouldn't apply the multipliers. We should just go with "At least High 7-A, likely Far Higher"

Yeah, I agree with "High 7-A, likely Far Higher" makes sense. You make a good point about Core Relays not being as potent at Blast Cores, especially since a) Delsin wasn't knocked out cold from absorbing the energy and b) we know that Blast Cores are expended Ray Sphere cores that were initially meant to power the Ray Sphere, so that means that either the DUP was creating numerous Ray Spheres and detonating them, or they were doing something else.

Also, I'm interested to see how the calc that Teen mentioned, though I'm not sure if it'll work out cause I think a similar calc was brought up for inFamous, but it was rejected because of negative charge vs positive charged current and the frequency of occurrence for both or something like that. May want to bring it to the calc team to get it checked out

Eh, I don't even understand the formula cause I don't speak math, so, not much to be done.

Alright... So, about Bloody Mary's Regen.... Yeah, I think Mid-High is a stretch. Or at the very least, combat applicable Mid High. Even with Cole's super powered blood, she only performed an at best Mid Regen feat, being she came back from being long since dead, and presumably she had to reboot her brain in that fashion.

Her being really burned to Ash and then just having blood fed to her over the years is possible, but, it doesn't make much sense considering all instances of Vampires consuming blood involve actually having a mouth to do so.

Celia Penderghast.... Let's see...

She never showed Regen like Delsin, I don't think we have a reason to assume she has it.

She has never shown matter Manipulation nor resistance to the abilites of the Second Son cast, she should only have resistance to biological manipulation and Disease Manipulation.

Meh, just saying, it could be something worth beinging up

Mary:

Unsure about the Bloody Mary regen thing, cause I've been looking into it, and idk where the "turned to ash" thing is even coming from. I thought it came from the story of Pyre Night, but after rewatching it, there's no mention that she was burnt to ash, only that she was burnt at the stake. There's also the fact that we see her preserved corpse, fully intact, being guarded by her followers years later. So... yeah.

Celia:

I think we assumed she had it because regen is a common ability for Conduits, and the reason we assume that she can regrow limbs and such by absorbing paper is because even incomplete Conduits like the Forced Conduits can regrow limbs by absorbing the moisture in the air

Agree on the resistances though

Eh, we might just have to swap it to Low Mid then.

Btw I was talking about Celia in the 2nd big paragraph, my bad for the confusion, but I guess that applies to both of them either way

Was Delsin ever stated to be twice as fast as cole?

Also, anything else out of place that we should cover?

Yeah, I remember that a director from SP stated that he could parkour 2x faster than Cole a couple years back, so that can stay.

I think all that's left is discussing the RFI feat and maybe talking about how to declutter some of the profiles

Also, added vibration manipulation and rage power to Cole's profile

I already added rage power earlier to all conduit profiles

Where he's moving the clouds as he's firing the laser.

Okay, so, before I unleash the DMUA'S Sin of angreyness (yeah I kinda watched like 15 episodes of Seven deadly sins in one sitting) and erase Macro quantium from the second son cast on everyone who's not Delsin, can the other guys actually transmute stuff in the Evil route? If they can, I'll leave it alone, but otherwise...

Well I remember at the end of First Light, Fetch turned what's his face into Neon before letting him blow up in a manner similar to Delsin

There's also the fact that Delsin is getting these abilities from Fetch, Eugene, etc, and it is noted that they have a better handle on them they he does, so it makes sense that if Delsin can turn people into neon, smoke etc, then so can the people who he got his powers from.

Then again, Conduit powers respond to how you train them, so, I dunno if we should scale someone like Augustine to it, considering she's not that kind of messed up.

Maybe as a possibly. At the very least, we should explain it's scaled to Delsin who has the same powers.

I guess that's true. Plus, I'm pretty that turning people into Concrete (which I'm not sure she even does) would quantify as macro quantum.

Well for Fetch it should definitely be an ability she has for the reasons stated above. I guess I'm okay with possibly for the rest of the cast.

Alright. Though, I kinda already outed it from Augustine's profile cause Monarch pointed out it was there, but, I'll touch up on the other profiles.

So.... I think we're basically done, then? All we need to do is probably declutter and simplify Cole's gallery and whatever else we think is overly packed.

And then, we can lock everything and put an end to this thread.

Yeah, just declutter and re-examine abilities, and then we should be good. I put in a calc request for the lightning bolt feat, so we'll deal with that when it happens.

Also, the more that I think about, I think we should remove the "higher via kinetic energy manipulation" from Cole's durability section, since idk where it's coming from. I think it was coming from the notion that Cole's shields turned the kinetic energy from bullets into electricity for him to use, but the game only describes it as "convert blocked damage into electricity," so idk

Yeah, I think we should out that.

As per getting rid of gallery clutter.....

Honestly there's nothing in the gallery actually worth keeping around, we should just get rid of the sucker entirely. Not so much as one of those pictures is actually relavent to his abilites or anything of the like, no reason to keep it all up on an indexing site.

I agree on removing gallery clutter

plus thers too much clutter from pictures on the main page as well

I say we remove everything that's not apart of the main games as per the verse page.

Everything else is fine though.

I actually like the some of the images and quotes, but I do agree that we have too many images.

I think we should keep At least 1 image for all the karmic alignments (neutral, good and evil), 1 for Beast Cole, and just get rid of vampire and comics Cole.

Also, we should probably replace Kessler's image cause it's a travesty

What other good Kessler renders do you have up your sleeve?

Also, notion to change Kessler's quote to this:

"What separates the strong from the weak is the ability to take the beating. Hell, to love the beating - no matter how great the pain, never wavering from what needs to be done. Think you can remember that?"

Back