• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS: The Downgrading, where Electricity is not Bogalooing

Btw. About the statistics. I really don't feel comfortable scaling Base Cole directly to The Beast considering he was portrayed as being immensely more powerful than him.

I think it's safe to chalk up Cole beating him at the beginning of the game to The Beast being weakened from having just reformed himself, not to mention the whole end of the game was just one big stalling tactic to charge the RFI.

I think it's better to make InFAMOUS 2 Base Cole and co High 7-A. From being able to harm a weakened Beast, who destroyed Empire City in a single blast. As well as being somewhat comparable to Second Son Conduits due to his Blast Cores being more powerful than Delsin's.

Here's the Calc for the Empire City Blast. It's like, right on the edge of High 7-A, added to the fact I kinda low balled the area of the city. Plus it fits better with InFAMOUS 1 Stats.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...erd/InFAMOUS_-_The_Beast_destroys_Empire_City

I think this better to scale Base Cole from. He was High 6-C before cause that's what his storm Calc was. But then storm revisions came and screwed them sideways.

I mean, Base Cole, after eating up the Blast Cores, was able to damage and temporarily knock over The Beast as the RFI was getting charged.

Well, the wiki does describe John as holding back against Cole. Not to mention Cole was throwing everything he had at John to slow him down while John just stood there and took it most of the time. Nix even mentions after Cole hits him with Lightning Storm that "it ain't enough man".

>wiki

What does the actual game show though

Cause, you can't hold back dura, but Cole was just fine busting through it and beating him.

John knew he had to do what he had to do, he had no reason to hold back at that point.

Not really feeling it myself. There's no indication he's using a miniscule fraction of his power when fighting for the Fate of the world, even if it's against a friend.

Cole would still be High 6-C due to being able to harm Kuo, who "Survived Nix's sacrificial blast, which injured The Beast to the point it had to stop and wait to heal." Plus, you'd have to prove that The Beast was holding back much more than 3.45 times (since The Beast is this strong by transferring his powers) for Cole not to be High 6-C, not even including that Kuo was also there to help John.

About the Blast Cores, it's shown that Delsin's method of absorption differs from normal Conduits, as they have to pass a current of electricity through a Blast Core. This isn't a retcon either, it's stated in game and is implied to be the result of his ability to absorb powers. This could be the reason he isn't knocked out, but I can't prove this since no other Conduit absorbs a Core Relay.

I also disagree with the notion that the Beast was holding back because straight up admitted here at 7:15 that when he first reformed back in Empire City, he went berserk and was doing his best to kill the strongest thing in the vicinity, aka Cole.

I think scaling 7 Blast Cores Absorbed (end game) Cole to Beast still makes sense because a) Cole himself noted how he felt more powerful and ready to face the Beast again, b) Dr. Wolfe specifically stated that the Cores were meant to power Cole up so that he would be powerful enough to use the RFI, so we know they give a pretty beefy power boat, and c) there's nothing really implying that the Beast was holding back at the time. He had a goal and he was willing to kill off humanity in order to achieve it.

I do agree that scaling early inFamous 2 Cole to the Beast is weird, but I think we can regard their first boss fight as PIS/outlier

Pretty sure The Beast was berserk at that point too that even John apologized for it back then. So I'm pretty sure no one berserking would hold back.

Also what are even alerts amirite? Not even a notification from this ;;

A good way to fix it is to click "read all"

be prepared to be flooded with unsent notifications though

Well it does eventually get your notifications straighted out if you click read all until the floods halt

I see no point in bumping this when everything is concluded aside from some calcs.

Although, how come Evil Cole is High 6C plus when he performed the 300 Gigatons feat?

Because, as monkey said way earlier in the thread, Cole wasn't the one to do it. It was just John giving him the powers, "letting go", resulting in the blast from the transfer. Cole didn't put his own back into the feat.

And so, considering Cole would have double the power (1+1 is 2 after all), 325 Gigatons + 325 Gigatons would be 650 Gigatons, which is +.

Also, just thought I'd mention it:

Under "Weaknesses," shouldn't we include the fact that if the power goes out in an area Cole is in, he'll suffer status effects? Hell experience things like blurred vision, fatigue, general weakness, etc. He doesn't necessarily get weaker, he can still take hits and heal and all that, it's just that he's not at 100%z

I don't remember him ever feeling nausea from a blackout. When was that?

Huh

Alright, I guess that could be noted.

A43D8482-19EC-40DD-9DD2-C3961A5324C1
Mfw storms revisions don't help the inFamous bois

Btw, was the New Marais storm ever recalc'd? It did cover he whole city, whereas the Empire City storm only stretched towards the horizon

The Empire City storm also covered the City though, right?

Even if it didn't, the New Mirais storm wouldn't be significantly higher, especially not High 6-C or higher.

It will however indeed live on in our memories

Another side thought:

Should inFamous 2 Cole get Resistance to Power Null?

He was able to withstand several blasts from the RFI, which even when only partially charged, could still knock the Beasts to his knees and shut down his powers (we know this to be true because the stat amp he was giving to Cole shut off). Cole's powers were still functioning, everything from his lightning manipulation to his regen to his durability, but the RFI still did severe damage him (makes sense since RFI energy is basically kryptonite to Conduits).

Of course his resistance wouldn't scale to a fully charged RFI, since as we saw in the good ending, it wiped out a good chunk of the Conduit race, Cole included (allegedly).

Yeah, that also seems good.

... At this rate it's basically become a discussion thread

... maybe we should have an inFAMOUS discussion thread

Wokistan said:
Infamous vs 40k as well. Dreadnoughts, custodes, lelith hersperax, etc.

This looks good to me. I think the world record for lighting bolts in a day was 7 and the guy was fine. The ground absorbs a lot of energy, and it's also spread out over a kilometers long pole of plasma anyways
40k would stomp infamous from what I know

I wasn't talking about it, you brought it up.

So why is that relevant again? This is inFAMOUS take that somewhere else

Schnee One said:
I wasn't talking about it, you brought it up.

So why is that relevant again? This is inFAMOUS take that somewhere else
Someone mentioned Infamous vs. 40k and he replied to that. Calm down.

To answer the question High 6-C Warhammer isn't especially haxxed.

As said above, the thread's basically a discussion thread by now. Really no reason to be getting so mad at him for saying something about something typed above, especially when people were at one point talking about matchups.

Back