• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immobile Tournament Match 2 (Monarch of Pointland vs Weeping Angels)

Incon, even If the angel could move, It wouldn't be able to even touch the monarch... Thanks to how much insignificantly small his dimensionality is, unless they can mind manipulate the te point landye monarch or enter a picture, becoming 2D?(It works like this?) Would be anough small to interact with the monarch? I guess not... And his mind should be zero dimensional as well?... Mostly likle a infinity stalemate... At least the angels can mais te SCPs-161 stoping looking to It.

The pointland monarch is just to small and insignificant, they would probable just start to have a elaborate dabate about the dimensional aspects of their existence

I thing It depends on "can the angel mind control the point?"

it occurs to me that monarch of pointland existing in a 3D space would be quite weird. Either way they cannot interact with each other unless the frozen weeping angel can do some specific hax

they would probable just start to have a elaborate debate about the dimensional aspects of their existence
monarch of pointland is incapable of comprehending anything that isn't itself, he is essentially a solipsist by nature. While he can indeed hear sounds from higher dimensions, he is only able to interpret them as part of his own internal monologue

monarch of pointland is incapable of comprehending anything that isn't itself, he is essentially a solipsist by nature. While he can indeed hear sounds from higher dimensions, he is only able to interpret them as part of his own internal monologue
Yes, It still would be a conversation...
Any, mind Control would work on the point?

Yes, It still would be a conversation...
Any, mind Control would work on the point?
Mind control would depend on function. It’d need to be able to work without the brain. And it wouldn’t really help, since MoP can’t actually do anything to itself.
Also, doesn’t MoP technically have Smurf light manipulation since it’s 0-D and glows on at least a 2-D scale?

Mind control would depend on function. It’d need to be able to work without the brain. And it wouldn’t really help, since MoP can’t actually do anything to itself.
Also, doesn’t MoP technically have Smurf light manipulation since it’s 0-D and glows on at least a 2-D scale?
The angels made a bunch of people in italy untrappe them using the mind control, by the description It works in their statue mode, but IDK if works in a 0D mind (his mind is also 0D?)

Its mind should be 0D. No reason to assume anything beyond that.
But regardless, this would be inconclusive, since the mind hax wouldn’t do anything that harms the point, since it’s only control.

Its mind should be 0D. No reason to assume anything beyond that.
But regardless, this would be inconclusive, since the mind hax wouldn’t do anything that harms the point, since it’s only control.
well, would be tecnically incapacitation, but yes, It should be a incon

For an incap you have to put the opponent into a state where they can’t cause harm. Since both of these characters are in that state by default, neither can incap the other. It’s just inconclusive.

Well, the cake is incapacitate by being eated by a human, so It can't multiply, the Clerk can harm with his hands and summoning thew train, in the situation of being crushed by cakes, the clerk can't move his arm and summon the train wouldn't work against a 6-A pile of cakes, while the cakes can still multiply more
Wrong thread my guy.
I already voted cake on that one for those reasons.

Incon because neither can affect each other, assuming mindhax actually work then it's still meaningless because the point can't move or whatsoever.
In that case wouldn't the point alread lost by self incapacitation sinse the angel at least would be able to still move using his whether manipulation and mind control in the 161?

In that case wouldn't the point alread lost by self incapacitation sinse the angel at least would be able to still move using his whether manipulation and mind control in the 161?
I mean, the whole point of this tournament is not able to move. The point literally can't do anything, aside from speaking/thinking, while most of Angel's abilities are non relevant because it can't affect 0-D being.

Incap under SBA means you can’t harm the opponent, not that you can’t move. So just being able to use your powers wouldn’t actually mean you aren’t incapped. SBA also says that you have to incap the opponent, so self incap doesn’t actually seem to be a loss condition.

I mean, the whole point of this tournament is not able to move. The point literally can't do anything, aside from speaking/thinking, while most of Angel's abilities are non relevant because it can't affect 0-D being.
Well, the point of the tournament is beijg unable to change position, but not entirely be unable to move... I agree with incon, just tring to clear the things here
Incap under SBA means you can’t harm the opponent, not that you can’t move. So just being able to use your powers wouldn’t actually mean you aren’t incapped. SBA also says that you have to incap the opponent, so self incap doesn’t actually seem to be a loss condition.
Interesting, ok them...
If able to move, the angel could harm the point selfsteam by calling him bad things

Alright, with this ending incon I have tossed a coin. (I assume everyone's fine with me just doing that? Otherwise I can also do my encryption coin toss thing)
Result is that the Monarch advances in the tournament.

Monarch of Pointland's chances of winning just went from 3.125% to 6.25%!

Is it too late to say that I'm pretty sure 3D mind manip can affect the Monarch?

A mind doesn't have dimensions for obvious reasons.

Dude can perfectly understand what a 2D and 3D beings are saying as well without any sort of specific power.
Well, it's more of a methaforic 0D in the mind aspect of things, but what It really means his troughs are also aspected to his fimensionality, so to interact eith his mind you also need to have 0D reach... And he can just comprend them when they voice is inside his 0D plane and can't even percive them as something that is outside of his self monologue

Well, it's more of a methaforic 0D in the mind aspect of things, but what It really means his troughs are also aspected to his fimensionality, so to interact eith his mind you also need to have 0D reach... And he can just comprend them when they voice is inside his 0D plane and can't even percive them as something that is outside of his self monologue
technically he can comprehend sounds that pass through his plane since no flatlander or spacelander is able to exist on his plane, but other than that what you said seems accurate

His thoughts really aren't any different from any others beings in Flatland. The only difference is that he has a self-centered ego which is... something nearly everyone has and is basically the entire plot of the book.

He can't perceive them because it's something he is physically unable, just like everyone else in relationship to everyone else.

technically he can comprehend sounds that pass through his plane since no flatlander or spacelander is able to exist on his plane, but other than that what you said seems accurate
That is what I meant, lol
His thoughts really aren't any different from any others beings in Flatland. The only difference is that he has a self-centered ego which is... something nearly everyone has and is basically the entire plot of the book.

He can't perceive them because it's something he is physically unable, just like everyone else in relationship to everyone else.
I nevere dissgreaded with that second part, I'm just talking about 0D nature

His 0D nature still has nothing to do with the mind.
If anything, A Square proves the opposite by comprehending 3D stuff while still being 2D.

His 0D nature still has nothing to do with the mind.
If anything, A Square proves the opposite by comprehending 3D stuff while still being 2D.
Comprehendind a thing don't means you can grasp It, we can comprehend the 4D plane but we can't even imagine It outside of a 3D perspective sinse we are limites by or 3D, the diferença betwing 3D to 2D and 3D to 0D is that being 0D makes you so insignificantly small that you basically don't exist and every thing you are is limited to that inexisting plane... What I mean is, the point is to small

technically its true that the plot is about all the people being too stubborn to accept other dimensions, but the case in 0D is a bit special.
He is literally physically incapable of comprehending anything other than himself, that's the main difference. In fact, the main reason why MoP is different from every other Flatland character is specifically because he doesn't have any lower dimensions to compare himself to

technically its true that the plot is about all the people being too stubborn to accept other dimensions, but the case in 0D is a bit special.

He is literally physically incapable of comprehending anything other than himself, that's the main difference. In fact, the main reason why MoP is different from every other Flatland character is specifically because he doesn't have any lower dimensions to compare himself to
MoP can't understand the analogy A Sphere used to explain to A Square sure, however it has nothing to do with the nature of their mind.

The King of Lineland also failed to comprehend that there's more than his kingdom either.

Comprehendind a thing don't means you can grasp It, we can comprehend the 4D plane but we can't even imagine It outside of a 3D perspective sinse we are limites by or 3D, the diferença betwing 3D to 2D and 3D to 0D is that being 0D makes you so insignificantly small that you basically don't exist and every thing you are is limited to that inexisting plane... What I mean is, the point is to small
Which is still unrelated to some inventions such as "the mind is linked to dimensionality".

In fact the novel flat out says that Square and Sphere's ignorance is the exact same as the one concerning Lineland and Pointland.

Back