• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Image Render Requests Thread (New forum)

That image is already transparented....
Either way, that art is a bit... neutral. We'd perfer some more dynamic poses with the classic Blades.

Also this is from GOW2, not the previous games.

Last edited:
This one is OG GOW1 art and it's fullbody, and it features Kratos in a dynamic pose. This is the closest you'll get to finding a decent-enough full-body image of Demigod Kratos.

And I'd argue to keep the background, it'll look incomplete without it.

But even that is low-res.

So yeah, until such a time comes where decent-enough artwork of fullbody Demigod Kratos in a dynamic-enough pose pops up, best to stick with the old stuff.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, the image seems to have shrunk down from 897x1547 to 640x1104. A simple background removal shouldn't have shrunk down the image that much IMHO.

@FinePoint @MonkeyOfLife Do you think you could fix it up a bit?
Well, there's no way to "fix it up a bit" in regards to its size. Upscaling it won't increase the quality.

If Propellus didn't originally render it at that resolution, then it would have to be completely redone to get the full quality.

Well, there's no way to "fix it up a bit" in regards to its size. Upscaling it won't increase the quality.

If Propellus didn't originally render it at that resolution, then it would have to be completely redone to get the full quality.
Yeah when I said fix it up a bit I meant just using the original resolution pic and removing the black background from it.

Yeah when I said fix it up a bit I meant just using the original resolution pic and removing the black background from it.
Okay. I will start working on it.
Though, given the terrible artifacting, low contrast, and complex armor, it may take a hot minute to do it accurately.

If you were curious, these pure black backgrounds are terrible for rendering. I'd honestly rather render a regular background, because at least then dark spots wouldn't completely blend into the background.

Sorry about that, but it did take me a lot of time to render that and I didn't know you were already working on it.
It's fine, but if you plan on spending a while working on one you should say so to avoid situations like this.
I just spent the last 50 minutes tracing it.
I'm going to finish it. If they don't want to use mine it's fine, I'm just trying to build my portfolio is all.

Maybe we should make some sort of Google Form to better keep track of this stuff.
It would prevent this situation, as well as make sure we don't forget any.
This format sort of buries requests after even a little conversation.

yeah, it was a long shot but I figured I'd ask anyway. the text bubble is so big that it would be tough to even attempt it.
Hmm. I can reconstruct things that are mostly covered, but not completely cut off like that, I'm not an actual illustrator.

@Muchacho_mrm Is the only one I've seen who can competently redraw things from scratch.
You should ask them.

yeah, it was a long shot but I figured I'd ask anyway. the text bubble is so big that it would be tough to even attempt it.
Tbh, I was hoping that somebody could recreate it and complete the image without the text bubble, but what you did is actually helpful lol. I can try working with that
I attempted it 😅
Link and link
I tried...

There's something off but I can't understand what or how to fix it 😤
crazy-laugh-laugh.gif

Art doesn't make sense

Back