• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Fire

And Od Lagna can't get him out of it because?

Also can't he get an auto attack blessing in addition to his other auto blessing, then he won't even really be incaped.

I am voting for Reinhard for Celestial's reasons and Reinhard's haxes mentioned above.

100 Megaton Tsar Bomba said:
@Fire

And Od Lagna can't get him out of it because?

Also can't he get an auto attack blessing in addition to his other auto blessing, then he won't even really be incaped.
Why would it get him out of it?

Blessing to what?

@Schnee

Idk, never shown for sure. Going by the first fight with ikki and stella it should be a pretty decent amount of the day if not the full day for a slice in half. Should be more for a decapitation

@Fire

Why wouldn't it get him out, Rein already has resistances to empath manip, mind manip, madness manip etc why can't he get a resistance to incap.

And he already has blessing that make him auto dodge even while asleep, why can't he have a blessing that makes him auto attack. Rein need to be incaped for 24 hours for it to count that's why I'm bringing it up.

Of Lagna's role is to give whatever blessing will be helpful in the situation and he ultimately decides what the blessing is, not Rein.

The whole point of Of Lagna is to give him powers he doesn't have. And it does have limits, what I payed out were blessing similar to ones he already has and thus it's not a stretch at all to assume he can get them. Again he has adaptation.

It's just a dodge, it's doesn't mean he can't get hit, it's mean that he automatically performs the action not that he 100% avoids getting hit no matter what.

100 Megaton Tsar Bomba said:
The whole point of Of Lagna is to give him powers he doesn't have. And it does have limits, what I payed out were blessing similar to ones he already has and thus it's not a stretch at all to assume he can get them. Again he has adaptation.
Again "blessing to give resistance to incap", make this reasonable first. How would it make him resist feeling the pain of his body being bisected and why would that get him out of incap after he's been incapped?

Am getting kinda tired of saying this. While Rein's blessing may not be the bulk of his power his entire shtick is to gain new powers when he needs them. "Feeling the pain of his body being bisected" sounds just like regular pain manip to me and yin magic and curses can already achieve the same effect.

And even if he doesn't get out of incap he can still move during it. Adding in the fact that the resistances will lessen the effect of it Rein should be able get back up before the win via incap condition is fulfilled.

@Bomba

That's better, so he can achieve blessings to counter pain manip in verse? Then yes he will probs no sell phantom form.

Conclusion:

SSSAF Arc Ikki : Get's stomped

Ikki in the key he gonna get soon: Stomps via desperado hax

Conclusion
This match can never work. Someone yeet this.

It's kinda funny to think about but there's still a lot more powers that Reinhard has but the Light Novels haven't been translated yet so we haven't added them yet

Fear hax can be overcome with a strong ego, i doubt that will affect someone like Reinhard. Death hax is also useless thanks to resurrection, and besides that Ikki hasnt shown much with Desperado hax, and what he has shown is not enough to stomp Reinhard.

Also, a swordsman on the level of Reinhard should get the trick of Nukiashi eventually. A swordsman on the level of Stella would get the trick after seeing it 3 times, and Reinhard should be a better swordsman than her.

The fear hax, not really. Nene had strong enough willpower, still got trashed by edel. The fear hax is in a really weird spot as they can affect ppl even without them fearing them. Like how ikki affected iris even though she didn't fear. Etc

The rest is fine, about the nuikiashi doe, it doesn't get equalized. Ppl in rakudai being capable of countering nuikiashi doesn't get equalized into other verses.

Nene didnt even got the chance to fight Edelweiss. She was somewhat afraid of her power, yes, but that doesnt mean that she couldn't fight her. Ikki got affected by Edelweiss's hax, he was afraid of her, and he could still fight her. Stella eventually overcame Fu Xiaoli's aura too. The fear hax is something that can be overcome with a strong ego, as it has been shown in the LN. Its something that really depends on the personality of the character getting affected (as we saw in V17 with Touka), particularly, i think Reinhard has an ego strong enough to resist it.

Its not about being equalized, its a weakness of the ability. Its clearly stated that its not that useful against skilled swordmans because they can see the trick to it. We even get an aproximation on how long it would take and the level required for it with Ikki and Stella as examples. While i dont see Reinhard at the level of Ikki, i dont see him being inferior to Stella in swordmanship, specially with his blessing of sword saint.

Nene did get the same effect as kurono. "Somewhat afraid" you know it wasn't "somewhat", there is no reason to assume she would really fair better than kurono there, with the effect being similar and that.

Eventually overcame xiaolis fear when she became a desperado.

Wait are you talking only about the fear hax or the fate hax too? With these restrictions i mean? Cus if you just mean fear hax isn't a sure incap then yes i agree, if you mean the same for the fate hax then i disagree.

It's not a weakness of the ability. It's just an ability of ppl in verse who can perform and understand it. Because people in rakudai can perform trackless step doesn't mean everyone can. In verse differences. Same as how people more skilled than juuzou can't just cut concepts. It's a thing specific to a verse. You need feats of being capable of doing a similar thing for it to work.

The thing is, assuming that Nene will do exactly like Kurono is wrong. To start with, Nene as a Desperado has some resistance to other Desperados aura, so just by that she should do better than Kurono. Also, more than being affected by Edelweiss's aura she was just scared of her raw power, which is natural considering that she is at least Top 4 in the world. Kurono will be fighting a Desperado in V17, so its not like she cant overcome their Aura.

Stella overcame the fear hax before becoming a Desperado, thats why she was able to fight at all.

I mean that the fear hax isnt a sure incap, it would depend on who is the opponent. Fate hax is a different story, it depends on who is the Desperado (not all of them have shown the same level of skill with it) and if the opponent has resistance to it.

It kinda is a weakness, or more like a limit to it. The LN clearly states that a skilled swordsman can see the trick to it, they even say in how many tries it will happen. If the same series clearly tells you the limitations of the ability, it should also apply on threads like this. Nukiashi only exist on Rakudai, you cant ask people to have feats against it, but then again, there is no need when the LN tells you that it can be overcome by a good swordsman after seeing it some times.

"Fear hax isn't a sure incap" Ok then we agree, i thought you meant the whole desperado hax arsenal, my bad. I won't bother with the points then.

Again it's an "in verse limitation". "A good swordsman from rakudai can see through it", not "a good swordsman in any series". The series is saying that "for people in rakudai it really isn't that hard to understand", that kind of thing doesn't get equalized, same as how the series saying "By trying hard enough one can become a desperado" doesn't get equalized into "Anyone from any verse fighting a rakudai character can become a desperado by reaching the peak of their fate and pushing through it". Just because one is almost hax and one is skill doesn't mean equalization changes. And while other verses may not have Nukiashi, but characters have countered this technique in previous vs battles with feats of being capable of tapping into their unconsciousness or outright lacking an unconsciousness. It just works like this, because different authors portray skill differently.

Back