• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikki defeating four perfectly identical, but stronger, copies of himself

The real cal howard said:
The more the feat gets justified the less impressive it is.
Rakudai in a nutshell.

EmperorRorepme said:
Just be blunt, Earl. People dislike the series mostly because of Ikkis skill arguments.
That, and the rampant sexualization and flanderization of all females plus a side of incest and bad writing.

Yeah imma just say it now

Ikki is a massive gary stu

Stella and his sister I forgot the name of only exists to fawn over him

Ikki's situation only exists because the world arbitrarily decided to hate him

Right. Let's not act as though that occurs in Rakudai exclusively. Why don't I see you going around the wiki hating on every single verse that does the same thing.

EmperorRorepme said:
Just be blunt, Earl. People dislike the series mostly because of Ikkis skill arguments.
Pretty much. Without context it seems annoyingly stupid. Pretty sure you thought the same before reading it.

Pretty sure prevalence plays a factor. Heck, we all say that it's infinitely better than Asterisk War. But yeah it doesn't belong here. And by it I mean hate of the series. Not that I mind it, but others might.

EmperorRorepme said:
Well, DUH. Superpowers that have a certain function that's well explained as well as raw power levels are much easier for us to evaluate than the exact level of technical martial art prowess a character might have.

Even for characters without supernatural abilities it usually comes down to weapons or precedent of having dealt with a similar situation in the past, but rarely, if ever, does it come down to who is actually "the better fighter if physical attributes, weapon-situation and experienced precedents are exactly the same or at least equal".

EmperorRorepme said:
Right. Let's not act as though that occurs in Rakudai exclusively. Why don't I see you going around the wiki hating on every single verse that does the same thing.
I hate SAO for a reason. At least most SAO fans I know have the self awareness to admit where the verse sucks ass.

Rakudai? No, not really. Just skill wank.

Quality isn't the problem at hand, though. No matter how bad Rakudai is, let's stay on topic.

Hl3 or bust said:
Yeah imma just say it now

Ikki is a massive gary stu

Stella and his sister I forgot the name of only exists to fawn over him

Ikki's situation only exists because the world arbitrarily decided to hate him
Not exactly. Ikki is a Gary sue but it's executed perfectly. With a good reason for being so. It's like saying opm is trash cus saitama is op. It's not the trait, it's how it's excecuted.

Very very superficial. Shizuku lasts for like 2 lines in total during volume 1. Stella very specifically isn't to fawn over him, she's there as his total opposite. You didn't understand her character.

There are like a million reasons why ikki's in that scenario, you just lack the context to know why.

EmperorRorepme said:
Yes but most of those other verses arnt talked about nearly as much or brought to light as much as, so those other verses generally stays hidden while Rakudai gets talked about alot.

The reason those other verses arnt discussed is since they arnt shoved in our face or used nearly as much as Rakudai.

But either way we are getting to far off topic.

At least, because this was really getting off topic.

Also, don't use that Kojirou bullshit. Because that's a bullshit counter argument. We get actually explained in a lot of detail what is Kojirou doing, we are told point blank it is supernatural shit. We have people that know about this balking at the fact Kojirou downplays how absolutely Stoopid what he does is. And even though he reached this by skill, it is still no different from Natsu covering his hand on fire and punching people - supernatural and not at all normal.

If you are gonna try and use any series like some sort of metric stick to prove a point, actually think for a second if you understand the series at all. Otherwise your point looks even worse because it feels like you don't understand the subject matter or why this feat is completely dumb and unusable.

I do think that this feat does establish that Ikki has good affinity with dealing against "Berserker" or "Rage" type of opponents even if they got significantly higher physical stats though. A "strong against" kind of thing, so I do think that if it's labeled as such it should have a purpose for remaining in the list.

As someone who likes Rakudai and would love to wank Ikki's skillhax to 1-A and beyond, I am also willing to agree with the above point that this is a skill feat, just not an impressive one. A supporting feat at most.

Also correct me if I'm wrong Earl, but this is pre-instinctive reaction, no? So the clones wouldn't have it either

It's not pre instinctive reaction but being conceptually made to do something is a big deal. You can't brush off parts of your existence just because instincts tell you to.

But back to my point this is extremely redundant. Over 200 posts cus "it's not good enough to go into the blog". Just no.

Fair. So yes this would just be a supporting evidence that

1. Ikki's reaction/combat speed is real good and way beyond his movement speed

2. Ikki can outskill 4 stronger opponents at once if he knows their weaknesses blah blah blah whoopdedoo

That's my point. It's just a semi-almost-kinda-decent supporting feat.

Now we can hopefully all go our separate ways and continue liking or hating Rakudai quietly and civilly

Because it is not impressive at all, has been used to argue stuff swap not being impressive at all, and reeks of issues in every way.

The moment these clones are so incompetently useless that they get destroyed in one hit due to how they were made despite having the speed to see Ikki move as fast as an elderly dude in a cane and still couldn't do anything, is when this feels like hitting stationary targets.

Nobody wants to gain anything from this, but such a misleading "feat" really has no business being in his profile.

It was not even that great of a skill feat in verse. It's just, oh he did it, cool. Ppl weren't even impressed in fact they expected it.

So, again, it really has no business being in his profile. Every time you bring it up and even the wording in his profile makes it sound like a big deal, but now we are being told it is not a big deal.

Why is this even used?

I gave a reason to include it earlier though. I didn't see anyone refuting it so far. Yes it's somewhat situational, but a legitimate purpose nontheless.

Except Ikki already battles people stronger and with actual abilities instead of skill stunted copies that couldn't react despite having the speed and reactions to more or less see him in slow motion. Compared to that this is laughably useless and just weird.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
So, again, it really has no business being in his profile. Every time you bring it up and even the wording in his profile makes it sound like a big deal, but now we are being told it is not a big deal.

Why is this even used?
Casual feats that are better than the best skill feat of 97% of the wiki are somehow not feats?

There is also the fact that as i said. 220 posts about "this isn't all that great of a feat". Is this really the level we're at right now?

It is a supporting feat for nothing because it is a trashy feat, ans without all of ghis added context it sounds way more impressive than it actually is.

Most of the people here only heard the part where he fought 4 clones dozens of times stronger and just as skilled (which was a lie).

The blog is there so that people don't need to go around asking tho..? It should be reworded for something like "defeated 4 clones with all his abilities and knowledge, but in berserker" or something.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The blog is there so that people don't need to go around asking tho..? It should be reworded for something like "defeated 4 clones with all his abilities and knowledge, but in berserker" or something.
That's not all true. The blog is there so people know what level of skill we're talking about. Asking a kmowledgeable member is still preferable. But idm if we fix it's wording.

Yes, It's there so they know what skill level it is. So it should be worded in a manner that makes it known... what skill level it is. Not something misleading.

Back