• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikki defeating four perfectly identical, but stronger, copies of himself

Hl3 or bust said:
So the clones basically killed themselves? Hor is this an evwn remotely good feat then?
So many "genius skill feats" on this site are just opponents being as intelligent as bricks.

Hl3 or bust said:
So the clones basically killed themselves? Hor is this an evwn remotely good feat then?
Well it just ended up as ikki could set traps. But it still doesn't change that he beat 4 clones with 48x his stats who also were bloodlusted and had all of his arsenal and abilities including all skill based abilities. How is that not a feat?

I never said it wasn't a feat dude. What level of reality do you work on?

Anyways, assuming that Ikki had somehow done the bluff before the clones just pasted him, which is impossible without him boosting just as an fyi, the clones still walked onto his sword. This is the equivalent is saying that a wall with a knife taped to it killing 4 people is a skill feat for the wall.

Ok why is this thread still a thing? I'm pretty sure most agree to ignore it. If you want to talk about justifications make another thread on the multiplier or whatever idc. I'll participate since I have time now.

" This is the equivalent is saying that a wall with a knife taped to it killing 4 people is a skill feat for the wall."

The fact that he was capable of creating fake openings the Ikki clones couldn't just outskill is the skill feat. If anyone else tried that, they would have gotten torn to shreds.

Hl3 or bust said:
I never said it wasn't a feat dude. What level of reality do you work on?

Anyways, assuming that Ikki had somehow done the bluff before the clones just pasted him, which is impossible without him boosting just as an fyi, the clones still walked onto his sword. This is the equivalent is saying that a wall with a knife taped to it killing 4 people is a skill feat for the wall.
That's your headcanon. Blitz level is something the verse decides on and ikki still has ittou shura level of reaction speed even in base. Ikki's not immovable, he's just slower.

Blitz level is something common sense decided, unless you want to say that you can easily react to bullets. Also, when is it stated that his reactions are like that, because that would've helped clear up a lot of this if you actually brought it up before now.

If anyone else tried the exact same skill feat they would've gotten torn to shreds? That's not how skill works. Skill isn't raw power. Skill can be replicated. If someone did the same thing then by jove it would've worked the exact same way.

Firephoenixearl said:
That's your headcanon. Blitz level is something the verse decides on
Nah, not really, it's just something that we don't bother calculating. If someone is a dozen of times faster than you in CQC either they don't know what they're doing or you're a dead man.

They could dodge everything with casual ease while running circles around you, then stab you like twice because even if you manage to block once, you'd be too slow to block the second attack

Also because "blitz level" isn't some kind of absolute value and it's based on distance.

No, I'm saying if they replicated the same feat of just having a feint and waiting for an opening then it would work regardless of the opponent. If some boxer gets confused by someone faking right and going left, he'll fall for it no matter if the person is Muhammad Ali or Selena Gomez doing it.

@Cal Yes, but if Selena did it, the boxer would be able to react to it. If it was Ali, he'd drop before he has the chance to react. Regardless of that, that wasn't what I was getting at.

Hahahaha my gawd guys. Ikki killing ppl 48x faster is not legit but kojirou a attacking inf speed beings with sword slashes is a legit skill feat.

Holy hell!

So if Ikki's clones fell for such an incredibly obvious and stupid trap, does that mean this is an antifeat for Ikki, since they are his clones?

I swear, every time I hear a feat for Ikki, he comes off as less and less skilled.

"So if Ikki's clones fell for such an incredibly obvious and stupid trap, does that mean this is an antifeat for Ikki, since they are his clones?"

No... like... thats been covered for like what? 8 times?

@Earl

Idk what exactly is the point of mentioning that, but Tsubame Gaeshi isn't an actual skill feat either, it's just his verse saying that he has a superpower because he's skilled. Which is, you know, Ikki's case.

And it's different from stuff that creates circular scaling like this feat.

RatherClueless said:
"So if Ikki's clones fell for such an incredibly obvious and stupid trap, does that mean this is an antifeat for Ikki, since they are his clones?"

No... like... thats been covered for like what? 8 times?
I would love to believe you, but unless my enemies running face-first into my blade makes me the Chuck Norris of anime, Ikki's skill is vastly overstated.

@Kal

No it's actual blade slashes with finite speed that can work on inf speed beings. But here we are arguing why ikki beating ppl with the same reaction speed as his own but higher movement speed can't happen.

Tsubame Gaeshi messes with causality to do that, as opposed to this which, as far as we know, was Ikki not even doing anything special.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Kal

No it's actual blade slashes with finite speed that can work on inf speed beings. But here we are arguing why ikki beating ppl with the same reaction speed as his own but higher movement speed can't happen.
Idk why you are bringing this up, but the way it works is that Sasaki, with his blade, breaks causality and uses some of the second magic. The second magic is able to access infinite parallel worlds and different time periods and he uses it for that technique, logic isn't supposed to apply to true magic which is why they are magic

Anyway this is derailing, back to Ikki

It obviously does in this case, because the verse's explanation of supernatural says so. Because the fact that it can access different time periods hints at the fact that when someone is doesn't matter much.

There is no high level reality defying ability used here, however.

So, from what I remember, the conceptual enemy Ikkis truly had the usual abilities, as well as the multiple strength of Ikki, however, in JRPG terms, they were basically under a Status Effect: Berserk though they could still choose the method they attack with, just that they couldn't "defend", "wait" nor "skip their turn".

It's like the Guard Scorpion from FFVII having its tail up and one of the party members being under the Beserk state and attacking, getting killed in the process due the lazer counterattacks (yes, yes I know such a thing can't happen at that stage in the game, it was just an example).

NeoSuperior said:
So, from what I remember, the conceptual enemy Ikkis truly had the multiple strength and abilities of Ikki, however, in JRPG terms, they were basically under a Status Effect: Berserk though they could still choose the method they attack with, just that they couldn't "defend", "wait" nor "skip their turn".
Basically this.

Everyone who's not ok with this hasn't actually read the series whereas anyone who has is actually fine with it.

This pattern is rather... interesting.

Back