• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If you create Anime Character, what FEATS do you give him to prove that he is Omnipotent?

Infinite is kinda vaguely defined IMO, I reckon it means countably infinite i.e. You can count till there... in an infinite amount of time

You can't really prove something is omnipotent, as it's a concept that might not even be attainable and has a lot of problems irl. Something can seem omnipotent all the way down at 5-B with high end reality warping, it's all a matter of perspective. We got an awful lot of Low 2-Cs that are probably omnipotent in verse, after all.

I do agree with SpookyShadow, that Truth is at least 2-C, as we do not know how far he expands, we only know he at least embodies the entirety of a singular 4-D Timespace.

Genericstickman said:
I'll give them passive Infinite above infinite baseline 1-A power null and fate manipulation while making them a tier 4
Nah, if you want to be peak anime. Make them a tier 10 who one seconds gets bullied by a puppy while 2 seconds later they Omae wa maou shinderu a pretty bad clone of the judeo-christian god who is also edgy and actually evil

just make him create a omnipotent character and make him defeat the omnipotent character, making him omnipotent

SpookyShadow said:
Characters beyond omnipotence (low-balled):
Reinhard Heydrich (Spear gg)

Yohgiray Takaboi (Can kill anything gg)

Ikki Oregano (Skill wall of text gg Earl's arguments gg Trackless Step gg Phantom **** gg)

Fugilo Milos (As skilled as Ikki gg Ion's arguments gg)

Miso soup Kumagawa (Aru Fiktion gg)

Ainz Ooal Gow (Za Goru of oru raifu is des gg)

Homura Akemi (Omnipotent mindhax gg)
Don't forget

GGioviana (willpower manipulation gg)

Accelol(1-C Vector shield gg)

Cluesless Assasi(Mindhax, powernull hax gg)

Other characters from tier 9 or under with tier 1 power

You'll never make a truly omnipotent character, it's just impossible to display or even describe. The closest you could get is making a character so atronomically above everything else in their verse that nothing can even slightly oppose them. Like Mr.Mxy would basically seem Omnipotent if he existed in the Dragon Ball universe for example.

In truth, there's not very many ways you can actually prove Omnipotence of a character, since, they exist within a fictional medium, and thus are always below those in charge of writing them.

There is no true omnipotence in fiction from some philisophical standpoints.

There's probably someone here who can find a way to weasel around words, and disprove me, as is what should be expected of a not-infallable language. But, I think that the bottom line is, To Create a truly omnipotent being, you would effectively need to create something that exists an infinite amount of, lets call it narratives, above everything else. Something above just an anime.

If something truly is omnipotent, it isn't confined simply to fiction.

Just give them infinite taikyoku and have them transcend the infinite hierarchy of 1-A witches and have them exist past the infinite gates lmao. Oh, and a pen. You gotta make sure that they're the writer as well. /s

I got this Idea from a dream I had, so I'll play along outside of philosophy.

Perhaps have them stalemate an omnipotent entity?

If an omnipotent entity is no longer omnipotent when it's defeated, then any entity that could at least stalemate, but not defeat it, would have to be omnipotent as well right?

Well then! Take the following as a bad joke.

The character cannot be described, even comparing it to characters that are themselves indescribable in the same manner recursively, in which none of the above characters can be described by things that are described as indescribable in an infinite book written in an infinite perfect descriptive language that has infinite distinct, perfectly accurate words for everything, including things we haven't even considered or hinted at, and a perfect definition of omnipotence.

But the character does nothing because, If the character were to do anything, that would mean that reality isn't already the way it wants it to be and thus nothing in the setting, no entity, no cosmology, ever contradicts the apparent will of this character. That and showing the character doing anything would be a severe anti-feat of the highest degree because it implies that it's actually possible to show this character doing anything.

The only reason this character is known in the setting is not because it was discovered, but simply because it allowed itself to be known on the most basic level of acknowledgement so no character even knows what it is, where it is and even if it truly exists, including the narrator.

The entire anime would be spent explaining why this character can't be explained, but instead I'll just wrap it up with the line "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" and leave all of this to the data book.

Aside from that, I'm probably bad at satire.

I didn't waste much time making this because I'm trying my hand at making a setting... This is just a gross over exaggeration of something I have already made.

Describing it is more of an anti feat than not being able to describe it.

If you can describe all of it, great, you know the limits of its strength. In this case, even "infinity" is a limit so you might as well say that its mathematical equivalent is at least "0 = 1" which is already used to describe a being weaker than it.

If you leave most of it outside of the description, then let me use this analogy: being able to see part of a circle lets you extrapolate how big the rest of the circle is, even if its size lays outside of comprehension so to speak... You can imply an incredibly large circle, possibly an infinite circle by drawing a straight line, but you still know what it is.

If you make a description that implies no limits at all, then you're not really describing it in the first place for the part you are describing might as well be irrelevent and cannot be used to "draw" any conclusions.

The absolute minimum of the omnipotent being should lay outside of our entire field of view. Heck, you shouldn't be able to frame it as having a minimum and a maximum.

Therefore... The best description is describing why it can't be described. Exactly what I just did.

Besides, I only said that it allowed itself to be known, not that it allowed itself to be described.

Back