• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If Competitiive Pokémon mattered in Stating Pokémon profiles!

3 things to consider when thinking about competitive Pokémon, stats, and how these meta things affect how strong Pokémon are on this Site.

1: If Smogon rules determined how good a Pokémon is, not in terms of strength, but combat effectiveness and viability.

2: Stats themselves, base stats and everything.

3: Mixing this with "common sense"; as in, clearly a level 100 Pikachu is NOTHING to even any level 1 legendary on the levels of the CT. But what IS thesible?

Basically, let's just think about competitive Pokémon along with VSB stuff. Anything I should add to the OP, let me know.

Ok, I mean, true, but only if we take pure meta and that's it.

I'd like to talk about mixing the lore with the game itself as a thought experiment.

Like, I feel like, if we remove legends and stuff, the general ranking of Pokémon would probably be consistent with the meta, because of actual mechanics in the games. Moves, type coverage, everything. Even if we let the anime physics of Pokémon and Pokken apply, certain Pokémon would just be better than others. And, well, in tiering, x Pokémon with a higher stat than y Pokémon could be seen as generally stronger given equal... Uh... "Level". Which are weird concepts in and of themselves— levels. Because, not every being (in any verse) would have the same stats and power and overall combat effectiveness as another being of the same "level"

Multiversal Primal-Groudon, Rayquaza, Mega-Gengar, Zygarde 100%, Xerneas, Marshadow, Yveltal, Mega-Salamence, Dusk and Ultra Necrozma, Ho-oh, Lunala, Gothithelle and Gothorita, Magearna, Ferrothorn, Toxapex, Mega-Lucario and a bunch of other Pokémon for being >>> Some creation trio member / Arceus version competitively.

Such Downplay... Shuckle is at least High Memetic level+, remember, you don't fuckle with Shuckle.

Gen 1 Mewtwo vs mega Rayquaza, who's the strongest evrr

Regigigas is ZU tho

Also all second stages scale to Chansey who can 'prevail against Calm Mind Kyogre, Z-Geomancy Xerneas, and Refresh Calm Mind Arceus formes'

I should have meantioned how Vs Battles would apply in-game strategies.

Lol Say we have a fun and games thread where we give any character 6 random Mons, and fight another character with those 6 Mons with a combination of the Anime/Pokken and Competitive Rules. They also fight alongside their Mons.

In this case, the raw stats stay the same, but the best sets for individual Mons are ranked based on the meta. So, for example, if we make them all the same tier, Mega Rayquaza is Tier -0.

Amexim said:
No. Shuckle doesn't scale to Regigigas— the stat difference is too high.
Shuckle's durability is At least Multiversal since it's far above the likes of the creation trio.

It seems couple of people are mistaking Smogon tiers as measures of power within the meta. They are not.

Smogon tiers are a measure of usability, and how certain Pokémon perform between their respective "group" (tier). That is to say, you can legit use a ZU 'mon in OU/Uber and win.

What should be used to measure the power within a meta is viability. As such, this threads are what can give us a more accurate way to measure power levels within a tier. And as you can see, Mantine, a firmly UU 'mon, is higher in the viability rankings than Gyarados, who is banned from UU.

With that out of the way... At least 4-B Mantine, being equal to Necrozma in viability. ovo

Bobsican said:
Damn straight! ovo

However, Smeargle is more viable literally because of its hax, not because of its power. Thus, it would have Tier 2 hax based on its performance on AG, while seeing his viability on a metagame where it can actually take hits and dish it back to the determine its physical stats... Which I don't think there is outside LC. ovo

UltraChair said:
Everybody on this (expect for Zygarde) is 2-B for being above Uxie
That's outdated (which for our purpose, basically retconned). The one I posted above is the more recent one (but probably still 2-B, since I believe Uxie is completely unviable in the current meta).

That said... Within the confines of this hypothetical analysis, I don't agree with Uxie being considered 2-B. Maybe in hax, but not in power, as I don't think it got ever close to be on the level of the Creation Trio even in its debut generation outside of the lore statements about how it controls them alongside the other two, and it's more on the level of power of people with High 6-A (thank you, Regigigas).

I'll do add, however: The listing of the 'mon in the particular ranking (as in, everyone in C Tier) doesn't compare actually between them, but more ranks them as equals in viability. The list is simply in alphabetical order.

Back