• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo Kurosaki vs Shirou Emiya

So if Emiya uses Rho Aias and sends out something like Caladbold II to either damage or cause pressure, Hrunting to cause insane pressure (a constantly tracking sword will definitely cause Ichi to have to stay moving), and have Kanshou and Bakuya in his hands, that's a pretty stacked set

can't ichigo blitz with shunpo spped amp ?

iirc , speed blitz via speed amp in speed equal match are only not ok for the slower characther but ichigo is faster than shirou ( MHS vs MHS+) so i think he could speed amp and blitz no ?

or did completly missunderstood things ?

I'd say Shunpo is his best chance. Let's say that Emiya is uber serious and starts with Gae Bolg. If that happens, it's practically over, so a speed blitz would definitely be a viable win con for Ichi

ichigo in bankai use shunpo a lot ,as we saw vs byakuya , it was even the first thing he did in bankai , he blitzed byakuya and put his sword at his throat .

Honestly shunpo is pretty irrelevant considering Shirou needs to recite a long ass chant to spawn UBW and doesn't immediately go for it even against Gilgamesh who he knew he specifically hard countered. Base UBW struggles to output any significant range so Ichigo will be in his face before he can make headway of any sort.

Rho Aias can be used to stall Ichigo but its specifically geared towards stopping ranged attacks which Ichigo would not be using at that range so Ichigo kills him before UBW gets brought out. He wont even begin the chant with Ichigo far away as the RM won't even catch him.

AnonymousBlank said:
Honestly shunpo is pretty irrelevant considering Shirou needs to recite a long ass chant to spawn UBW and doesn't immediately go for it even against Gilgamesh who he knew he specifically hard countered. Base UBW struggles to output any significant range so Ichigo will be in his face before he can make headway of any sort.

Rho Aias can be used to stall Ichigo but its specifically geared towards stopping ranged attacks which Ichigo would not be using at that range so Ichigo kills him before UBW gets brought out. He wont even begin the chant with Ichigo far away as the RM won't even catch him.
But if he does something akin to Fate Route Archer and what he did to Herc, I feel like there's a chance he could catch Ichigo during a clash, considering Ichigo has no knowledge of the move nor are there any visual queues until the RM actually appears

agree on that , if gae bolg is used , ichi will have a very hard time.

is shirou willing to use it from the start in characther ?

ichigo first move will be very likely to be shunpo+slash or shunpo+close quarter getsuga if he is in mask form . those were the two first moves he used the first times he went bankai/bankai+mask vs byakuya or vs grimmjow .

the other possiblity is ichi can open with ranged getsuga . Bankai ichigo doesn't do that often( never used it as a first move at least) before mastering his mask . Bankai mask ichigo could open with it tho .

Archer did that off screen, Archer is more skilled than UBW Shirou by a large margin so you can't really argue that Shirou could pull off the feat, Ichigo is stronger than Herc so its even harder regardless, Bleach has kido which also uses chants so him just letting it happen or staying close by is unlikely, Shirou (and even Archer) has never used GB so its not particularly relavant to the fight.

Under SBA (IC but willing to kill), he'd probably use it, but I highly doubt he'd used it from the start.

As far as a start move, I like Ichigo for Shunpo+slash imo

As far as Caladbolg II, it's not really a matter of skill, it's more so a matter of what the weapon does. Do I think Shirou could pierce Herc? No. Do I think two Caladbolg II's from Shirou could pierce Herc? 100%. Besides, they aren't THAT far from each other, they're at least in the same tier😅

Ichigo hasn't really been shown to be proficient in kido (hell, Renji went to the academy, and he still can't pull off Hado #31 properly, so Ichigo, who didn't go to the academy and study kido, probably can only pull of basic ones like Sho, Byakurai, etc)

True, but as they not have GB, it's a possibility we should mention, however unlikely it is (with the disclaimer that it probably isn't a viable win condition, as its OOC)

Umm ... I feel like you misread somewhere or I did. By the skill argument, I was referring to Archer killing Herc multiple times in the fate route, not at projecting. Shirou with Calad2 (broken that is) is definitely harming Herc if he doesn't deflect or block it, 2 aren't needed. Ichigo being stronger than Herc means he can pull off the exact same feats but better.

I wasn't saying Ichigo is proficient in kido, I am saying he knows it exists and has seen it used multiple times with incantations. He has seen Rukia use full incants before and knows it strengthens the kido. Ichigo will know to get away from Shirou or to quickly interrupt him if he starts chanting.

Sorry I misread, you're fine. And yes, there's a massive skill gap between Emiya and Archer, I agree.

OHHHHHH okay so your line of thinking is that he'll think UBW is kido? That's actually brilliant! Although I will say this:

1) He'll be cautious, but due to not knowing the chant, he won't know what to prepare for (a beam, an energy ball, an explosion, etc.), making it hard to take evasive maneuvers

2) As most Kido ends with the Kido number and name, he might be taken by surprise (the inflection of Shirou's voice as he says UBW might give it away, but it also might not)

Back