• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo & Espadas Space Distortion Slice Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fake sky is an argument because imagining it as just an image on a roof any attack would be able to distort it as long as you hilt said image.

anyway , the databook say it distord space because it is immensly powerfull. no fake sky being mentionned , end of the argument unless you can actually disprove the databook.

the site it was on removed it or something it happen , there is dozens and dozen of broken link on profiles too. why does it matter in this situation ?, i just linked to you

Xulrev said:
Has anyone just asked staff members to comment? It would behoove the thread's livelihood to do so intead of bumping and hoping they come along to let the additions either be tacked on or shot down

I'm new, I don't know how to do this.

Politebunny7 said:
I'm new, I don't know how to do this.
Oh well welcome!

So, to inquire of a staff member, you need to go to the top of your web page to where it says 'Management' on a hover-over drop-down menu; from there, 'Staff Pages I' will show you a list of Mods, Admins, etc who help run and organize the wiki. You can randomly select members from there and put a message on their walls asking 'Hey can you check out this thread and give input'; alternatively, you could search the 'Knowledgable Member List' for Bleach and message any people with a colorized name under that list to give input!

I think that adding space manipulation / space distortion might be okay, but I don't think that Durability Negation automatically applies. Neither Ichigo or Grimmjow seemed to be affected / have their durability bypassed by the spatial distortions.

Damage3245 said:
I think that adding space manipulation / space distortion might be okay, but I don't think that Durability Negation automatically applies. Neither Ichigo or Grimmjow seemed to be affected / have their durability bypassed by the spatial distortions.
Wouldn't that give them resistance to both?

No indication for resistance I'd say since neither of them appear to be hit or affected by the distortions.

From what I can tell it is a purely environmental effect.

Damage3245 said:
No indication for resistance I'd say since neither of them appear to be hit or affected by the distortions.
From what I can tell it is a purely environmental effect.
It's a distortion in space itself, this will literally affect any object that has dimensions.
The environment as you mentioned, is an example of this. Other example is literally any material object existing in the space region has been distorted.
The concept behind the denial of durability is that by distorting space, you will affect all matter the same way. If the character resisted it, it's obviously a feat of his.

I agree with Damage. Looking back over the chapters where Gran Rey Cero, we never see it actually effect Ichigo or Grimmjow. It's spatial distortion isn't commented on by either combatants and instead told to us by Harribel and her fraccion who are watching the battle from a good distance away.

Even then, it's more of noted how the Gran Rey Cero is shouldn't be fired within the dome of Las Noches and how the space around them was still distorted.

So, yeah, it's spatial distortion seems more like an enviromental side effect, not a combat application.

C2 of Omegon said:
I agree with Damage. Looking back over the chapters where Gran Rey Cero, we never see it actually effect Ichigo or Grimmjow. It's spatial distortion isn't commented on by either combatants and instead told to us by Harribel and her fraccion who are watching the battle from a good distance away.
Even then, it's more of noted how the Gran Rey Cero is shouldn't be fired within the dome of Las Noches and how the space around them was still distorted.

So, yeah, it's spatial distortion seems more like an enviromental side effect, not a combat application.
You refute yourself from the moment you assume that the Gran Rey Cero can distort the space itself. It is impossible for a three-dimensional object not to be affected in a distortion of three-dimensional space.

Of course, there are exceptions,'resistance to space-time manipulation' is something very common in fiction.

In the end, side effect or not. It is still a distortion in the space itself, and will inevitably affect any material object that exists in that region of space.

An example that any layman can understand.

We know that light propagates only in a straight line, but a black hole is able to 'bend' the light.

The explanation for this is simple:
Just like you, me, and most of the fictional characters, light travels at the three-dimensional space. What the black hole curve is not the light, but rather space-time itself, and consequently, absolutely everything that exists in it, including light.

The same applies to GRC, which distorts the space, and consequently, everything that exists in this space. Whether it is the 'environment', an object or the light, literally everything is affected in the same way.

^ good point , wheter it's a side effect or not ,if the attack hit you directly you will be affected because the distortion will be centered on the impact point.

unless you have resistance ,wich seems what ichigo have because he dispersed the attack .

Not really.

You can affect space without directly affecting any object or person within it. Heck, there characters who can only directly effect space itself. You could warp space around a target that prevents them from leaving a certain area without hurting them or doing anything to them unless they enter that warped space.

So simply saying it distorts space isn't enough. What does that distortion do?

If you enter it, will cut you up? Will it teleport you to different location? Does it prevent you from teleporting into an affected area? We have characters who can literally open up holes in space-time by screaming. Does that scream ignore durability? Not unless it was shown to.

I'm simply saying that because it distorts space doesn't mean that it's weaponized to cut space and neg durability. It's never stated to do that, IIRC. Seeing that messing with space can have all sorts of different applications and simply distorting space with no showings of what exactly that distortion does sounds vague and reasoning that is must be a durability ignoring attack feels like conjecture.

C2 of Omegon said:

This isn't really a point, we give Spatial Manipulation for similar cases, but it's labeled as Limited which I proposed above.

"You can affect space without directly affecting any object or person inside it. Heck, there are characters that can only directly affect the space itself. You can distort the space around a target that prevents you from leaving a certain area without hurting them or doing anything with them unless they enter that distorted space."
This is obvious. You have just forgotten the fact that the GRC is an attack directed at an opponent and will distort the space he occupy.

"So simply saying that it distorts space is not enough. What does this distortion do?"
This distortion deforms the space, you can see in the scan above. Imagine paper, steel and a character with planetary resistance, all being affected in the same way. Yes, this is durability Negation .

"Conventional durability does not matter, because the matter is secondary in relation to space and time. For example, it's as easy to distort a material object by distorting a portion of the space in which it is located.", "The effect on the object will be the same, whether it's a sheet of titanium or a piece of cardboard."

"Will it teleport you to different location?"
It's a distortion in space, not a wormhole.

"We have characters who can literally open up holes in space-time by screaming. Does that scream ignore durability?"
The scream does not ignore, open a fissure in space-time, yes.

And please, avoid citing other franchises here again. Unless they are from the same author or happen in the same universe as Bleach, believe that only then will it have some credibility.

>And please, avoid citing other franchises here again. Unless they are from the same author or happen in the same universe as Bleach, believe that only then will it have some credibility.

Uh, what? Im not going to comment on the specific bleach topic in question from an earlier promise I made, but I will speak on this specific point only as...thats not how this works.

So what if its not from "the same author"? Or not from the same verse? Thats not how double standards work. When someone cites another verse who does a similar thing as another one, the comparison is made so that it helps to show if the argument in question is either reasonable or not reasonable. You can't just dismiss a double standard just because its from a different verse entirely. If its similar, then it's similar.

That sounds hypocritical of you, Kukui. You literally got angry the past two times Bleach was mentioned in a Naruto thread doing the same thing; "When someone cites another verse who does a similar thing as another one, the comparison is made so that it helps to show if the argument in question is either reasonable or not reasonable. You can't just dismiss a double standard just because its from a different verse entirely. If its similar, then it's similar."

Unless im missing something, ive only ever gotten "angry" when Bleach was mentioned in a Naruto thread because people would throw around the "Bleach does this, so why cant Naruto?" kind of complaints and vice versa because of both sides having beef with each other. People would bring up one in threads about the other one to do nothing more than start drama.

Ive never had a problem with Bleach being brought up if its actually relevant to the topic. Or, y'know, if its not a false equivalancy to something.

GDEM said:
It's a distortion in space itself, this will literally affect any object that has dimensions.
The environment as you mentioned, is an example of this. Other example is literally any material object existing in the space region has been distorted.
The concept behind the denial of durability is that by distorting space, you will affect all matter the same way. If the character resisted it, it's obviously a feat of his.
Sure. But neither Ichigo nor Grimmjow appeared to be inside the distorted space.

I mean couldn't you make the argument ichigo have space manipulation resistance he did smack away hado 90, which also distort time and space if not mistaken.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
So what if its not from "the same author"? Or not from the same verse? Thats not how double standards work. When someone cites another verse who does a similar thing as another one, the comparison is made so that it helps to show if the argument in question is either reasonable or not reasonable. You can't just dismiss a double standard just because its from a different verse entirely. If its similar, then it's similar.
Many of these events are of author's creative freedom, and should not be taken as absolute truth. To assume these events in real life or in other works is a voluntary suspension of disbelief.

Let's close this matter here, it is not my intention to further distort this CRT.

Damage3245 said:
Sure. But neither Ichigo nor Grimmjow appeared to be inside the distorted space.
I believe you're correct here. This is the case, resistance to space manipulation should not be added.

@Damage & IMade

So what are the conclusions here?

Limited Spatial Manipulation for the Espadas and Ichigo with Gran Rey Cero has been agreed on.

We're discussing now if these characters get Durability Negation because of Spatial Manipulation through Gran Rey Cero and if characters that have been hit by the Gran Rey Cero and come out unphased get Resistance to Spatial Manipulation.

What would you say Ant? We have more agreeing with the the Resistance and Durability Negation, but it's nice to get staff opinions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back