• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(IC Thread) Crash Landing: One Last Hurrah

Jackythejack

They/Them
The rocket ship filled with Hocotatian mutants, who had a rather rough time through space already, hurled towards the planet of PNF-404. The ship was on fire, specifically the engines, and an alarm was going off, as well as the ship's AI. The feminine AI, though meant to keep his cool, was currently screaming. "Mayday! Mayday! We're going down! We're going-!"

There was a loud boom as the ship hit the surface of PNF-404. It skidded across the ground, chunks of its hull, engines, and other bits of the exterior were torn away from the hull. The rocket skidded until it slammed into a boulder. Any passengers who were still in the hull were forced outside, being knocked around rather painfully. One moment you were conscious, and the next you passed out. Thankfully you had your spacesuit on at least, lest the air poison you...

However long you were out, it wasn't a pleasant rest, and a far less pleasant time waking up. You woke up to see beasts all around you, ranging from around your size to several times larger then yourself. These were alien to you, but you've read documents on them back at Hocotate. The inhabitants of PNF-404. The only problem was...they were taking apart your ship! Some of them were already dragging away parts of the ship at a rapid pace. However, there was a duo of Bulborbs, the bigger ones, that were struggling carrying away a piece of the ship. If you were fast enough, you could recover it, but facing two of those things at once seemed dangerous.

Meta thread

Dastardly's containment pod had broken open, but its arms and legs were still tied down. That didn't matter though now that it had the room to change shape and wriggle itself free. It looked around itself.

Shōhi shakes her head as she looks around. "Eh..?" She gasps. "They be taking our stuff!" She yells out to any of the other spaceship friends that can hear her.

Silas gets up and starts running over to the Bulborbs. "Waaaah! Get away from our ship!"

He throws a crystal lance at one of their legs.

Christy wasn't ever a particularly agressive person, but he understood the ramifications of what would happen if he stayed on this world with The others. The danger they'd all go through, so when he heard. Shohi speak, he decided to hold off. Not because he didn't understand what was happening, but because he felt that it was better if he stayed with the group as a whole. His powers were aura based, and he wasn't a fighter. So, staying here was the only rational thing he could do he felt.

The one bulborb out of the two, who was getting all of the pain, cried out in pain as it let go of the spaceship part, causing it to clunk to the ground. It goared at Silas and, after shaking itself to knock Shohi off, it charged forward to attack him.

The other bulborb moved its head down towards Shohi to bite her, teeth barring ready to swallow her whole!

Shohi combat rolls away and then hops onto the bulborb's face. Chomp. Time for a good old "no u". She starts om noming the creatures face, showing that she is the superior glutton.

I start running to make distance.

"SUPPORT ME! WAAAA!"

As I'm running I make a crystal rock in front of the injured leg of the one that's chasing me to try to trip it.

Great Jagras got jumped out of his pod and almost instantly tried to bite down on the attacking Bulborb for waking him up.

Shockingly unwilling to follow the old man's advice, the two bulborbs were still trying to hardest to fight. The wounded bulborb fell over, letting out another cry of pain. It was now on the ground, struggling to get back up.

The one having a confrontation with Shohi would let out another cry of pain, thrashing about in an attempt to knock off the woman. And it was moving around violently.

Shohi uses her gravity flight to just kind of ignore that whole "gravity" nonsense. Due to her Super Bite, the bolbob will have to try harder than that to get her off.

The leg was sort of under the creature's entire body due to bulborb physiology, buuut it did hit it in the side. Another cry of pain and it was looking considerably weaker than before.

Then the other bulborb, to get rid of the lady with the super bite, turned towards the boulder the spaceship had crashed into. It charged forward, in an attempt to ram both itself and Shohi into the boulder to injure her.

Ronan alters the perception of the Buborb trying to ram Shohi into a boulder making it seem like it turned around so it misses

Despite the efforts from Ronan, the Bulborb slams into the rock and is immediately rendered unconscious. It falls to the ground, knocked out and severely injured.

The other bulborb meets a similar fate, except this time it was...decidedly dead. It constant abuse was too much for the predatory creature to take and it ended up falling victim to the mutant onslaught. Now there was just...you all, and the ship part. Perhaps you could reattach it to the ship?

Kakuheiki wakes up, the humanoid corvid has suffered from the landing a bit more than her follow comrades, a torpid feeling all round her body.

Looking around, she notices the torned apart ship, togheter with the bodies of two odd white and red giant being.

"Oh, hey guys, what did i miss ?"

The birb girl asks to the other astronauts, since it was clear to her they had woken up quite a bit before her.

Shohi hops onto the ground. "THINGS AND STUFF!" She yells out before picking up a nearby small pebble and taking a bite out of it.

Kakuheiki looks at the hungry lad and does a light chuckle.

"Eheh, good to see that the crash landing didn't turb your appetite Shiohi."

She say while smiling a bit, happy to see her follow crewsman is fine.

Then, she turns towards Silas, who had given her actual information on the events.

"I see, did anyone of our own get injured ?"

Kakuheiki asks him.

Actually touching the ship piece yields results. The remains of your spaceship, with a loud creak as metal bends and scrapes against metal, sets itself upright. A tractor beam blinks on and off before turning on permanently. Seems the ship was still somewhat alive. Put it in the tractor beam and it should do the rest.

"Hey Welcome to the world. Kakuheiki! I've just been on the side lines, but The real problem is we just lost pretty much all of our ship through looters! So, we'll need to figure out a good way to find that, so we're not stranded on this planet for the rest of our lives. "

Kakuheiki realizes on her own that nobody is hurt too much, which is a relief to her

"You are right Christy, we'll need to put back our ship togheter, though i think we should start by building a base first, so that we'll be more defended in case other giant beasts attack us."

She responds.

The ship piece easily makes it into the desired area. The tractor beam absorbs it. You hear a whirring sound from the inside of the ship, and slowly, you hear a feminine voice speak out from your space suots.

"S-Systems...less than operational. AI systems...still installing. Installation compete. What...what happened?" There was a sudden gasp. "Oh my god what happened to me!?"

Seemed the ship was fully awake now.

"We have crashlanded on PNF-404, which alongside the hostile native fauna is what reduced you to your current state"

The crow woman explains to the A.I., pointing at the corpses of the aliens as she talks.

"P...PN...Wait, Wait..." there was a whirring sound coming from the ship, before a ding emitted from the speakers. "PNF-404. Oh...oh dear. Okay, okay. This is...bad. This is very bad. The air on PNF is considered unbreathable to Hocotatians. The animals here are all hostile and there's hardly any food around..."

The ship made another ding noise. "You said these this took apart the ship? Did you see where they headed off with the parts? If we can get the Atmospheric Converter we can morph the oxygen on PNF into soemthing that you people can actually breathe."

"Ufff, I was still knocked out when it happened, so has anyone of those that had already waked up seen where they have gone ?"

Kakuheiki asks to her fellow crewsman.

Christy said cheerfully."Well, for now at least, we should stick close together. I can take care of the atmospheric problems in an area near me," I pointed out.

"Right. Right. Okay, well..." there was a pinging noise coming from the ship, like a sonar. "You people should explore and see what's going on. The way you are currently...we only have enough oxygen for three days. We need to find as many parts as we can...fast."

In there current position, they seemed to be in some sort of cave, with a hole in the ceiling where they had crashed in from, allowing sunlight to leak through. There was only one way out of the cave, out where those creatures had ran off to. Into the unknown...

Back