• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Make a Slightly Better Match Than Oryx vs Emps (Oryx, the Taken King vs Goetia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitting, cuz Goetia is made up of the 72 Demon God Pillars kek.

But seriously apeaking, it's also a matter of the degree of his invulnerability/resistances that matters, which probably also take a while to go theough on.

Oryx also gets bonus points for being more badass than all of fate combined.

"We propose a method by which Ascendant souls can be detached and integrated into a tautological and autonomous thanatosphere, which we tentatively term an oversoul. Oversouls can be stored in a throne world as a mechanism of enhanced death resilience. As a side effect, new refinements to our Deathsong may be achieved, moving us closer to a generally effective paracausal death impulse."

• Oryx brandished his sword. "Speak the Royal Tongue, or I'll pin you up for Eir to eat."

On another note, How can Goetia resist taking exactly/has Goetia resisted anything on par with taking?

Unfortunately his mind resistance isn't that good so Take insta work. I don't know about his EE working though. Okita Alter's NP erases people conceptually, even if they don't exist in the world.

It's exactly as what her Np does, though her page won't be made for a WHILE cuz we're waiting for mats on what her skills does (well more like at least two of them I assume) and probably any more details on her NP if anything.

Taking may arguably be better than that. Conceptual manipulation is already involved in taking and it is compared to Gorgons who can retroactively EE guardians across multiple time lines. Keep in mind that guardians resist EE too.

There's no scan for it cuz it's all from her in-game profile info from FGO.

https://old.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/comments/8r3z2a/okita_souji_alters_profile/

Specifically look towards here:

"Absolute Sword: Zenithless Three Stages

Class: Anti-World Noble Phantasm

Zekken: Mukyuu Sandan.

Immeasurable, free of obstacles, infinite, three beams of light form into one with no zenith.

The certain death technique of the demonic sword of MajinÒâ╗Okita Souji that fires a radiant black beam. Essentially, even things that do not exist and those that can not be forcibly removed from this world can be extinguished.

It is fired by using the unique oodachi, "Purgatory Blade".

The name "Purgatory" is something that was arbitrarily attached and originally it was an unsigned mysterious armament. Somehow it seems to possess an autonomous will, its performance changing considerably according to the user's mood. When the user's condition is good, the center of the sword's blade shines with a crimson light. It seems to be pleased with the purgatory name."

@Potzu

But if we wait and the mats still didn't explain it fully (ex: Cleo Divine Protection of Goddess)? That's what i afraid for.

"Zekken: Mukyuu Sandan. Immeasurable, free of obstacles, infinite, three beams of light form into one with no zenith. The certain death technique of the demonic sword of MajinÒâ╗Okita Souji that fires a radiant black beam. Essentially, even things that do not exist and those that can not be forcibly removed from this world can be extinguished. It is fired by using the unique oodachi, "Purgatory Blade"." - Decisive Blade - Endless Three-Stage Description.

For the record, in KOHA-ACE, it blew away the very concept of Maxwell's Demon and Neo Furher from existence. I'll look for KOHA-ACE scans.

Ninja'd. Goddamit.

Yeah, erasing people from multiple timelines is essentially Higher-D erasure. Higher-D erasure>Conceptual non-existent erasure.

Conceptual and non-existence erasure are just better eraser. Higher-D erasure is burning the paper entirely.

WHYNAUT said:
Taking may arguably be better than that. Conceptual manipulation is already involved in taking and it is compared to Gorgons who can retroactively EE guardians across multiple time lines. Keep in mind that guardians resist EE too.
So what are the chances of Goetia resisting this?

Edit: I got ninja'd

@Shiro: Think this is getting a little derail-ish but there is the OG text for Okitan's NP if you like but I assume you've already searched and translated it yourself.

"『þÁÂÕë▒Òâ╗þäíþ®╣õ©ëµ«Á』

Òâ®Òâ│Òé»´╝Ü´╝íÒÇÇþ¿«ÕêÑ´╝ÜÕ»¥þòîÕ«ØÕàÀ

Òü£ÒüúÒüæÒéôÒâ╗ÒéÇÒüìÒéàÒüåÒüòÒéôÒüáÒéôÒÇé

þäíÚçÅÒÇüþäíþóìÒÇüþäíÞ¥║ÒÇüõ©ëÕàëµØƒÒü¡Òüªþäíþ®╣Òü¿µêÉÒüÖÒÇé

ÕàëÒéèÞ╝ØÒüÅÚ╗ÆÕàëÒéƵö¥ÒüñÚ¡ö¯ÇÇÒâ╗µ▓ûþö░þÀÅÕÅ©Õ┐൫║Òü«Ú¡öÕëúÒÇé µ£¼µØÑÒÇüÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒüêÒü¬ÒüäÒééÒü«ÒÇüÒüùÒüªÒü»ÒüäÒüæÒü¬ÒüäÒééÒü«ÒüÖÒéëÕ╝ÀÕêÂþÜäÒü½õ©ûþòîÒüïÒéëÚÇÇÕÄ╗ÒÇüµÂêµ╗àÒüòÒüøÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÕÅ»Þâ¢ÒÇé þë╣µ«èÒü¬ÕñºÕñ¬ÕêÇ『þàëþìäÕëú』ÒéÆõ¢┐þö¿ÒüùÒüªµö¥ÒüñÒÇé

ÕñºÕñ¬ÕêÇÒü«Úèÿ『þàëþìä』Òü»ÕïصëïÒü½ÒüñÒüæÒéëÒéîÒüƒÒééÒü«Òüºµ£¼µØÑÒü»þäíÚèÿÒü«Þ¼ÄÕàÁÞúàÒÇéÒü®ÒüåÒüäÒüåÒéÅÒüæÒüïÞç¬Õ¥ïµäŵÇØÒü«ÒéêÒüåÒü¬ÒééÒü«ÒüîÒüéÒéïÒéëÒüùÒüÅÒÇüõ¢┐þö¿ÞÇàÒü«µ░ùÕêåÒü½ÕÉêÒéÅÒüøÒüªµÇºÞâ¢ÒüîÒüïÒü¬ÒéèÕñëÕïòÒüÖÒéïÒÇéÞ¬┐Õ¡ÉÒüîÒüäÒüäÒü¿ÒüìÒü»ÕêÇÞ║½Òü«õ©¡Õñ«ÒüîÞÁñÒüÅÞ╝ØÒüÅÒÇéþàëþìäÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÚèÿÒü»ÒüØÒéîÒü¬ÒéèÒü½µ░ùÒü½ÕàÑÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïµ¿íµºÿÒÇé"

That and also Goetia's Nega-Summon (credit to those on BL that grabbed the JP text of it from the mats):

"ÒâìÒé¼Òâ╗ÒéÁÒâóÒâ│´╝ÜEX

ÒéÁÒâ╝Òâ┤ÒéíÒâ│ÒâêÒü½ÒéêÒéïµö╗µÆâÒéÆÕɪիÜÒâ╗þá┤Õì┤ÒüÖÒéïÒÇé

Þï▒Ú£èÒü«ÒéÀÒâ│Òâ£Òâ½ÒüºÒüéÒéïÕ«ØÕàÀÒéÆÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒé¡ÒâúÒâ│Òé╗Òâ½ÒüÖÒéï´╝êþäíÕè╣Òâ╗þäíµòÁÒâ╗ÕÉ©ÕÅÄÒâ╗Õë赩ø)ÒÇé……ÒüƒÒüáÒüùÒÇüÒüƒÒüáõ©ÇÒüñÒü«õ¥ïÕñû ÒéÆÚÖñÒüäÒüªÒÇé

『FateGO』ÒüºÒü»ÒüØÒü«『õ¥ïÕñû』Òü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªÒÇüÕñºÒüìÒüÅÒé╣Òé¡Òâ½Òâ®Òâ│Òé»ÒéÆõ©ïÒüÆÒüªÒüùÒü¥ÒüúÒüƒÒÇé"

Ehhh it's kinda more or less been TL'd but if you like at your pace and leisure, sure!

But yeah once again, I'm not so sure if Goetia can really handle someone like Oryx's abilities so he takes a massive L and that's assuming he doesn't outright stomp which I still get the feeling he does even now with all this talk.

I've already spent enough talking here and thus said my piece enough to know who I'm going for as if it hasn't already been told enough.

I haven't seen a single possible win condition for Goetia so we should probably wait a bit more. If no win conditions comes up, this should be considered a stomp.

After reading everything above, there's absolutely no way Goetia has a chance at winning this. Oryx stomps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back