• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have questions regarding Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this blog post https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_real_cal_howard/Mario--Power_Stars_and_Black_Holes

It states Mario was "powered by 120 stars" but is there any actual proof he is not just simply holding them like many of the inhabitants in SM64? We see no signs of King Bob-omb, Koopa the Quick,Mips and many others holding Stars and not being powered by them. In fact King Bob-omb the first boss is merely guarding it from Mario.

and with the worlds in SM64, why can't the stars Wiggler speaks of in them simply be showing them as up in the sky without actually existing (If i remember other franchises have had pocket dimensions with "stars" in them that weren't true stars), these worlds seem self contained and more like pocket dimensions/worlds. We just know that Bowser created worlds from paintings, but they dont seem like being actual worlds with space around them.

disregarding Wiggler's comment there is no other proof at all that the worlds have actual physical stars in them AFAIK

Maybe Im wrong or butthurt or whatever but this 4C tier for Bower and Mario just seem I dont know....based on flimsy evidence and abit too much assuming.

Whether or not he has been powered by 150 stars doesn't really matter. Especially since that reasoning isn't even on his profile.

1. His profile says he has that rating since he has defeated enemies who are explicitly powered up by a Power Star.

2. Bowser explicitly says multiple times that both he and Mario are being powered up by these Stars.

3. We don't just assume celestial bodies are "fake" if there is nothing supporting that. You can literally downgrade any cosmic feat in fiction using this. And we rate pocket dimension feats based upon what they have shown to contain. Even then, Cal's calc and Rosalina's statement still make the Power Stars Tier 4 regardless of whether those stars are real.

4. What? Why would stars just appear in the sky for inhabitants to see and not actually exist?

5. I'm sorry but you can't really say the reasonings for the profiles is "too much assuming" and "based on flimsy evidence." When your main arguments are "they don't seem real to me" and saying we should assume everything within these worlds is somehow fake despite nothing indicating this based that you think you might've known of an unspecified, unrelated series that has "fake stars."

Using this "everything is fake" argument to downgrade dimension feats has already been turned down by staff in the past.

Thanks. I guess this is concluded then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back