• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Introductio

9270d511cfdd3601373047dc12122f4d
Well, here we are. After 3 months these revisions are finally here! This will be long, so take your time to run through it.

Disclaimer: these revisions cover only the games involving the CPUs from Hyperdimension.

So, this is the most important part of these revisions. There's quite a bit for this.

I'll start by mentioning that at first glance the verse might seem inconsistent about the power levels, but there's a nice little gimmick that makes it all actually consistent: the Shares.

Average Level of the Verse
If you followed the discussion thread, you should know that the average powers and the scaling all comes down to this cute little being: Histy.

She is consistently protrayed as being around universal in power:

-She stabilized the flow of time between two different space-time continuums

-Is stated to be the world's everything

-In one of her skills she uses "all of existence itself" to attack

"Bruh but wouldn't that be an outlier? She doesn't even fight"

False.

Why wouldn't it be an outlier? Simple. Remember what I said above? Shares are a thing.

"But aren't those only for the CPUs?"

No, Histy is an Oracle, and is shown multiple times that they can use share energy, either to create sharicites or for combat, putting them on a comparable level to the average shares CPUs. Also shares can bring characters to even higher tiers as I will explain further down this post.

For the second part, she canonically joins the party and fights through Re;Birth 2, and is needed to obtain the true ending of the game.

So, the average level of the verse all depends on her tier, which I'm not really sure about what would be going from the above feats.

"Who scales to this?"

Basically everyone, excluding low shares CPUs and BoS Makers. Why? Because canonically CPUs and CPU candidates are stronger than their oracles, and the strongest beings of their own nations. But this isn't all. All the Makers scale due to being able to fight against CFW Magic, one of the Four Felons who restrained the four CPUs (and Nepgear) for 3 years. And neither Histy nor the other Oracles could defeat her, making her also above Histy. This puts everyone on Histoire's level, scaling either above or below her.

High Shares and God Tiers
The highest feats in the verse mainly come from three characters: Rei, Kurome and Uzume:

-Rei was about to destroy the Ultradimension, affecting the Hyperdimension as well in the process, only to show off and lure the other CPUs. With a mere fraction of her power, Kurome was able to move an entire dimension, trying to make it clash and fuse with the Hyperdimension.

-Kurome herself rewrote the Hyperdimension and its history, reshaping the world. She also has Rei and the 4 main CPUs' powers as Dark Orange.

-Uzume, while being sealed away, unconsciously created from her powers both the Zero Dimension and Heart Dimension, which were erased from existence when both her two avatars (Uzume and Kurome) died. Then, when she was freed after the internal clash between the two, both dimension reappeared, making it clear that she maintains them by existing.

This is pretty clear evidence for a solid 2-C rating for the god tiers of the verse. Also, the fraction of Rei's power used by Kurome is actually a fraction of the last remaining bit of Rei's power, so that's cool I guess?

Who does this scale to?

It would backward scale to all the CPUs at high shares (and the Gold Third in Gold Form as they are their equal), as they fought and defeated Rei, and upward scale to the NEXT forms, who are stated to be above any HDD form ever seen, which also includes Rei.

"But what about Iffy, Compa and Big Nep? Didn't they also fight Dark Orange?"

They did, but that would put them on a level comparable to high shares CPUs, which makes no sense whatsoever. Aka outlier.

This should be all for the God Tier's tiering.

Low Shares and BoS
Now here is where calcs come in. There are two main calcs the character would scale to:

7-C - Scales to base form CPUs and BoS Makers

Low 7-B+ - Scales to low shares HDD forms and low faith Gold Third

There are various hammers that Blanc uses that have planet level statements, along with some skills which show this level of Destruction (although one of them can't be used due to being stated to not be actually happening). This might add to the previous rating a possibly 5-B for base CPUs, and backward scale Makers and CPU candidates, who are below them, to low 5-B. Up to debate.

Low shares CPUs' durability
Now this is something I'd like to discuss.

Low shares HDD CPUs, aka the low 7-B ones, have shown more than once to barely tank attacks from mainly two characters who scale above Histy: CFW Magic and Yellow Heart. While the latter is debatable if she was serious (As Yellow Heart can't really be serious due to how dumb she is), there's no doubt about Magic and the other three Felons. After defeating them, she had to keep them restrained for 3 years, despite having all the reasons to kill them as they only were an hindrance.

"But how do you know that they were at low shares?"

Against Magic, the CPUs went to fight her for that exact reason: ASIC was taking their shares and causing a crisis in Gamindustri.

Against Yellow Heart, there was a machine taking their shares and giving them to her.

"But wouldn't both scenarios be outliers? Didn't they get hurt in other fights?"

Good question. Low shares CPUs are actually seen in very few occasions during the games, and unless they were fighting against characters who scale to Histoire no one of the main CPU in HDD form has ever been canonically injured. The only game in which there are different fights with low shares CPUs is Re;Birth 3, against the Seven Sages, and unless they fought against Arfoire, Rei or Yellow Heart they stomped everyone.

"But what about Mr. Badd? Didn't they have difficulties against him?"

During the first encounter they stomped him, and during the other encounters they had difficulties only because at first they were disgusted by his baby monsters, and after discovering what they truly where they didn't want to harm them.

This is up to debate as it is a complex matter.

Scaling chai
As complex as it was to figure out, here's the full scaling chain of the relevant characters:

Full Power Dark Orange > NEXT forms > Full Power HDD Rei Ryghts > Base Kurome with Rei's powers > Depowered Dark Orange > First Battle HDD Rei Ryghts > Post-Merging Base Uzume > Base Kurome > Arfoire fused with Dark Purple > Dark CPUs > HDD Orange Heart > Powered up HDD Yellow Heart >= High shares Yellow Heart = High Shares Iris Heart >= High Shares HDD CPUs = Gold Third with Crystal > High Shares HDD Candidates >= True DoS Arfoire (Hyperdimension and Zero Dimension) > DoS Arfoire (Hyperdimension and Zero Dimension) > CFW Magic >= Average Shares HDD Iris Heart = Average Shares HDD Yellow Heart >= Average Shares HDD CPUs = Gold Third without Crystal >= Base Arfoire (Zero Dimension) >= Arfoire (Ultradimension, DoS and TDoS) > Average Shares HDD Candidates > CFW Judge, Trick and Brave > Ultradimension Neptune > Histy > Makers = Base CPUs = Base Gold Third = Base CPU Candidates > Low Shares HDD CPUs = Low Faith Gold Third > Low Shares HDD Candidates > lowest base CPUs > lowest base Candidates > RB2 start Makers

The 1-A Statement
Only putting this to avoid discussing it later. The statement about the Hyperdimension trascending the concept of numerical dimensions, while being cool and all, gets retconned by the dimensions being located in an arguably 9-D space. So that statement is out of question.

Conclusions
Well, that's it for the first part of the revisions. I'll talk about the other stats in the next thread.

If there's something else you want to bring up, feel free to to so in the comments.

I can add only very few things as RKGenki and me had discussed all of this in those 3 months.

So I'll just wait for now.

I disagree with every part of it. Iris isn't the god tier of the verse.

No, in all seriousness, I understand this and have no current problems with it.

Cal evaluate the 7-C calc plz

So, going by the above, what would be Histy's tier?

Idk if Histoire's feat of stabilizing time is 2-C, but she is 3-A/Low 2-C at least due to the "control all of existence" thing.

Neutral on the 5-B stuff.

Disagree with the tier 2 dura for base CPUs.

Agree with everything else

Well since it's a shared feat between two Histoires, would that make it low 2-C for each?

If each one is stabilizing her own flow of time yes.

Although that's the kind of stuff that can range from "actual Low 2-C feat" to "time manipulation on a universal scale", so idk

And it's wonderful

So what do you think Histoire's tier would be?

Any opinion about the durability of the low 7-B CPUs?

Anyway, assuming her tier is low 2-C, the characters would get from two to three Keys, and 4 for the 4 main CPUs:

At least 7-C, possibly 5-B | Low 2-C | Varies. At least low 7-B, possibly 5-B at low shares, low 2-C at average shares, 2-C at high shares | 2-C

This is for the main 4, respectively being

BoS Base | Current Base | Hard Drive Divinity | NEXT Form

At least 7-C, possibly low 5-B | Low 2-C | Varies. At least low 7-B, possibly low 5-B at low shares, Low 2-C at average shares, 2-C at high shares

For the Candidates, being

BoS Base | Current Base | Hard Drive Divinity

At least 7-C, possibly low 5-B | Low 2-C

For the Makers, being

BoS | Current

Kurome would be 2-C in all her Keys, those being Base | Dark Orange

Rei would be Unknown at base, 2-C in HDD and at least 2-C in her prime (not sure about this, but if she gets an at least then so do Dark Orange and the NEXT Forms). I don't think there's need to distinguish between Hyperdimension and Ultradimension Rei, as they should be similar in power just like the other CPUs and their counterparts

Uzume would get additional post unsealing Keys, both being 2-C

Arfoire will get multiple profiles for her various incarnations, or else she would get up to 13 Keys

Gold Third will get the same tiering as the CPUs as they're comparable to them

Alex tell me if I forgot something

EDIT: Removed the at least 3-A/High 3-A, as Histoire's tier looks more like a solid Low 2-C

It should be fine if something isn't slipping my memory.

I guess that Prime Rei can have an "at least" as more that one 2-C feat was done with just a little bit of her remaining powers.

Also, you changed CFW Magic in the scaling chain but leave the Four Felons together, especified that now are just three of the four. And add low faith Gold Third as well.

Okay, so at least it is

Well iirc Magic is definitely stronger than the other three, but I will specify.

Okay

Edit: changes made

Yes, she is above the other three, but leaving Four Felons while she isn't in the same place is like having her two times in the scaling chain. I was just saying that.

RKGenki said:
And it's wonderful
So what do you think Histoire's tier would be?

Any opinion about the durability of the low 7-B CPUs?
I don't really know much Nep but what was said in the OP isn't that far off.

Okay, thank you

So for agreements (Assuming everyone who said only I agree agrees with everything) we have

Overall: 10 (The real cal howard, Kaltias, ZERO7772, Veloxt1r0kore, Matthew Schroeder, Kirbyelmejor, ShrekAlmighty, Thespeedforce21, AlexSoloVaAlFuturo, DreamcrosserSquad)

5-B: 9 agree (The real cal howard, ZERO7772, Veloxt1r0kore, Matthew Schroeder, Kirbyelmejor, ShrekAlmighty, Thespeedforce21, AlexSoloVaAlFuturo, DreamcrosserSquad), 1 neutral (Kaltias)

Durability: 5 agree (The real cal howard, ZERO7772, Veloxt1r0kore, Matthew Schroeder, Kirbyelmejor), 2 against ( Kaltias, ShrekAlmighty), 2 unsure (Thespeedforce21, DreamcrosserSquad), 1 neutral (AlexSoloVaAlFuturo)

Histy's tier: low 2-C

So he scales above this? If I did the math correctly it should be a bit above baseline, and he scales above that. Nep is baseline tho. Or "stomps someone who stomps a baseline" level in HDD

As someone who helped somewhat with these, I've seen all the scans and correlated Genki's suggested upgrades and Alex's calculations to the tiering system, and they all fit nicely.

In other words, I agree with this content revision.

However, I'm still not all that sure on the low-shares CPUs getting Tier 2 durability, though.

I will say one thing though.

I'm a bit iffy pun not intended on the 1-C statement, because who's gonna scale to it? The top tiers? Or someone else?

@Dreamcrosser That will be in the next revisions, but no one scales in AP. Someone might scale in range for some things though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back