• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyperdimension Neptunia General Discussion The Animation Chapter 1 - The Goddess (Neptune) of Planeptune - 15

Good title, we have 12 more without having to worry now. What will you do next, drama CDs or megami tsuushin chapters?

Reposting here, and added a scan

Revisions part 1
=Introduction=
Well, here we are. After 3 months these revisions are finally here! This will be long, so take your time to run through it.

Disclaimer: these revisions cover only the games involving the CPUs from Hyperdimension.

So, this is the most important part of these revisions. There's quite a bit for this.

I'll start by mentioning that at first glance the verse might seem inconsistent about the power levels, but there's a nice little gimmick that makes it all actually consistent: the Shares.

Average Level of the Verse
If you followed the discussion thread, you should know that the average powers and the scaling all comes down to this cute little being: Histy.

She is consistently protrayed as being around universal in power:

-She stabilized the flow of time between two different space-time continuums

-Is stated to be the world's everything

-In one of her skills she uses "all of existence itself" to attack

"Bruh but wouldn't that be an outlier? She doesn't even fight"

False.

Why wouldn't it be an outlier? Simple. Remember what I said above? Shares are a thing.

"But aren't those only for the CPUs?"

No, Histy is an Oracle, and is shown multiple times that they can use share energy, either to create sharicites or for combat, putting them on a comparable level to the average shares CPUs. Also shares can bring characters to even higher tiers as I will explain further down this post.

For the second part, she canonically joins the party and fights through Re;Birth 2, and is needed to obtain the true ending of the game.

So, the average level of the verse all depends on her tier, which I'm not really sure about what would be going from the above feats.

"Who scales to this?"

Basically everyone, excluding low shares CPUs and BoS Makers. Why? Because canonically CPUs and CPU candidates are stronger than their oracles, and the strongest beings of their own nations. But this isn't all. All the Makers scale due to being able to fight against CFW Magic, one of the Four Felons who restrained the four CPUs (and Nepgear) for 3 years. And neither Histy nor the other Oracles could defeat her, making her also above Histy. This puts everyone on Histoire's level, scaling either above or below her.

High Shares and God Tiers
The highest feats in the verse mainly come from three characters: Rei, Kurome and Uzume:

-Rei was about to destroy the Ultradimension, affecting the Hyperdimension as well in the process, only to show off and lure the other CPUs. With a mere fraction of her power, Kurome was able to move an entire dimension, trying to make it clash and fuse with the Hyperdimension.

-Kurome herself rewrote the Hyperdimension and its history, reshaping the world. She also has Rei and the 4 main CPUs' powers as Dark Orange.

-Uzume, while being sealed away, unconsciously created from her powers both the Zero Dimension and Heart Dimension, which were erased from existence when both her two avatars (Uzume and Kurome) died. Then, when she was freed after the internal clash between the two, both dimension reappeared, making it clear that she maintains them by existing.

This is pretty clear evidence for a solid 2-C rating for the god tiers of the verse. Also, the fraction of Rei's power used by Kurome is actually a fraction of the last remaining bit of Rei's power, so that's cool I guess?

Who does this scale to?

It would backward scale to all the CPUs at high shares (and the Gold Third in Gold Form as they are their equal), as they fought and defeated Rei, and upward scale to the NEXT forms, who are stated to be above any HDD form ever seen, which also includes Rei.

"But what about Iffy, Compa and Big Nep? Didn't they also fight Dark Orange?"

They did, but that would put them on a level comparable to high shares CPUs, which makes no sense whatsoever. Aka outlier.

This should be all for the God Tier's tiering.

Low Shares and BoS
Now here is where calcs come in. There are two main calcs the character would scale to:

7-C - Scales to base form CPUs and BoS Makers

Low 7-B+ - Scales to low shares HDD forms and low faith Gold Third

There are various hammers that Blanc uses that have planet level statements, along with some skills which show this level of Destruction (although one of them can't be used due to being stated to not be actually happening). This might add to the previous rating a possibly 5-B for base CPUs, and backward scale Makers and CPU candidates, who are below them, to low 5-B. Up to debate.

Low shares CPUs' durability
Now this is something I'd like to discuss.

Low shares HDD CPUs, aka the low 7-B ones, have shown more than once to barely tank attacks from mainly two characters who scale above Histy: CFW Magic and Yellow Heart. While the latter is debatable if she was serious (As Yellow Heart can't really be serious due to how dumb she is), there's no doubt about Magic and the other three Felons. After defeating them, she had to keep them restrained for 3 years, despite having all the reasons to kill them as they only were an hindrance.

"But how do you know that they were at low shares?"

Against Magic, the CPUs went to fight her for that exact reason: ASIC was taking their shares and causing a crisis in Gamindustri.

Against Yellow Heart, there was a machine taking their shares and giving them to her.

"But wouldn't bot scenarios be outliers? Didn't they get hurt in other fights?"

Good question. Low shares CPUs are actually seen in very few occasions during the games, and unless they were fighting against characters who scale to Histoire no one of the main CPU in HDD form has ever been canonically injured. The only game in which there are different fights with low shares CPUs is Re;Birth 3, against the Seven Sages, and unless they fought against Arfoire, Rei or Yellow Heart they stomped everyone.

"But what about Mr. Badd? Didn't they have difficulties against him?"

During the first encounter they stomped him, and during the other encounters they had difficulties only because at first they were disgusted by his baby monsters, and after discovering what they truly where they didn't want to harm them.

This is up to debate as it is a complex matter.

Scaling chai
As complex as it was to figure out, here's the full scaling chain of the relevant characters:

Full Power Dark Orange > NEXT forms > Full Power HDD Rei Ryghts > Base Kurome with Rei's powers > Depowered Dark Orange > First Battle HDD Rei Ryghts > Post-Merging Base Uzume > Base Kurome > Arfoire fused with Dark Purple > Dark CPUs > HDD Orange Heart > Powered up HDD Yellow Heart >= High shares Yellow Heart = High Shares Iris Heart >= High Shares HDD CPUs = Gold Third with Crystal > High Shares HDD Candidates >= True DoS Arfoire (Hyperdimension and Zero Dimension) > DoS Arfoire (Hyperdimension and Zero Dimension) > Average Shares HDD Iris Heart = Average Shares HDD Yellow Heart >= Average Shares HDD CPUs = Gold Third without Crystal >= Base Arfoire (Zero Dimension) >= Arfoire (Ultradimension, DoS and TDoS) > Average Shares HDD Candidates > Four Felons > Histy > Makers = Base CPUs = Base Gold Third = Base CPU Candidates > Low Shares HDD CPUs > Low Shares HDD Candidates > lowest base CPUs > lowest base Candidates > RB2 start Makers

The 1-A Statement
Only putting this to avoid discussing it later. The statement about the Hyperdimension trascending the concept of numerical dimensions, while being cool and all, gets retconned by the dimensions being located in an arguably 9-D space. So that statement is out of question.

Conclusions
Well, that's it for the first part of the revisions. I'll talk about the other stats in the next thread.

If there's something else you want to bring up, feel free to to so in the comments.

(I'll post Shrek's Thread render here tomorrow)

Before I go to sleep, I'll give a quick little history of events for how I got into the Neptunia series:

So, I was once a kid that loved playing on modded servers in Team Fortress 2. One of the modded game modes was "Freak Fortress", where one person would have to kill everyone on the server as a beefy HP boss that had some cool abilities, whilst everyone else would try to kill the Giant HP player with their standard equipment. The Freak Fortress bosses can come from any modder that was interested to create a boss for the mode and could allow for even models from other games/custom models to be included (such as "Sonic.exe", "Mario", "Darth Vader", etc.) The boss you become when it's your turn for the round is randomised, although you could pick the boss you want to play as manually in the chat. (You typed !ff2boss to access a small little menu and there you chose your boss)

As I was playing this game mode, one person became the boss, and he was playing as Neptune.

After the whole server got trashed by him (because the modder that made the Neptune Boss made her really damn OP), I was like...

Hmm, this anime character looks interesting, and I'm pretty sure I've seen her before somewhere (I think I saw a meme with her back then), okay, let me put her name into Google (I searched "Neptune anime", because I was unaware at the time that it was a game series), and I found search results for the anime.

So I started watching the first episode and I had no idea what was going on at the start of it (I only watched for like 1 minute, because y'know... I was a kid), so I just left the anime alone.

So about a few months ago (present day), whilst I was again on YouTube, I found her again in my recommended list, and then I was like: ("Wait, isn't that the OP anime girl from Freak Fortress?")

I then started to think to myself (Hmm... So how powerful is this character?)

So I did a Google Search on a potential Goku vs. Neptune thread, and sure enough, I found one on the Death Battle Wiki.

After having a debate with Silverbolt about who would win (I used this site for Neptune's outdated stats, I know, shocking), he told me about the characters having really outdated profiles on VSBW, which led me to Genki's "A world rewriting feat" thread, and the rest... Well, you guys already know. ^^

So to conclude, I love this franchise because of the awesome characters, lore and overall humour.

It doesn't show a video in the think of the right, even though those videos are practically siblings.

And also delete an old video I like.

Ok, but... I really need a answer of the yesterday thing...

I won't give up
I won't back dow
Till I'm lying 6 feet underneath the deep ground
I won't give up
I won't back dow
Cuz nobody's stopping me except for me now
I'd rather be dead on the outside than inside
A bullet to the head than 25 to life
In a cubicle alone just trying get by
Building someone else's dream instead of building mine
If you're hearing me, this is meant to inspire
If you have a dream or if you have desires
A girl in your life thats making you feel that fire
Go fight for her, man, go die for her, ma
Cuz you only have one life one chance to do it
One chance to prove it to yourself so don't lose it
You got this fam just keep pushing on through it
One day you'll look back so glad you pursued it
Yea things are gunna get better real soo
Yea Ima just do me you just do you
I swear it's gunna get better real soo
Don't let anyone tell u what you should do
I got a clear view
We're gunna make it soo
Just keep pushing through
Yea what you got to lose?
Just keep pushing through
Cuz what you got to lose?
I won't give up
I won't back dow
Till I'm lying 6 feet underneath the deep ground
I won't give up
I won't back dow
Cuz nobody's stopping me except for me now

I do want I want couldn't stop me if you wanted to
I just work hard yea harder than the rest
Some people say I'm lucky others sayin that I'm blessed
But I keep my head down cuz i crave progress
You ain't ever gunna stop me cuz its my conquest and I'm never gonna rest
And y'all don't know that I'm a soldier
I always felt like I'm a loner
When everybody thinks they know ya
And y'all don't even know I own ya
And now I'm ready takin over
Cuz every day I'm getting closer
Just look at everything I'll show ya
Yea now I'm ready Ima blow up!
Man I promise that I'm gunna make it somewhere
As long as I'm conscious I'll be working hard to get there
I am not a novice I'm gon be the best so prepare
Cuz you know I'm honest and I'm coming for you be scared

Hey brother! There's an endless road to rediscover
Hey sister! Know the water's sweet but blood is thicker
Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do
Hey brother! Do you still believe in one another?
Hey sister! Do you still believe in love? I wonder
What if I'm far from home?
Oh brother, I will hear you call!
What if I lose it all?
Oh sister, I will help you out!

And when you feel like your nothing
But you wanna be something yea
Well all you really need is hope
I just want you to trust me if you wanna be something
Yea
Then all you really need is hope
When you're feeling down and you are out
Like you got nothing but doubt
Youre alone in a crowd
Just trying to figure it out all of this clout
And the money got you feelin left out
Listen up to me now
Every word out my mouth
Wake up
It's me
You gonna follow your dreams
Or are you just gonna be
Another cog in the scene
You feel the hope in this beat
Yea the hope that you need
To proceed and be exactly what you wanted to be
I feel right and I'm proud
Hype and I'm loud
Ima shout all about
How I feel in the now
Ain't nobody every gonna try to change me
Till I'm i'm dead pushing up daisies
I'm alone in a crowd
I won't feel dow
I got hope right now
And I know I'll be found
I don't really care just what all of the haters gotta say
I know everything I do is gonna make em fade away
And when you feel like your nothing
But you wanna be something
Yea
Well all you really need is hope
I just want you to trust me
if you wanna be something
Yea
Then all you really need is hope
Yo
Take a look in the mirror are you seeing some fear
You hear the voice in your ear
Can you start to see clear
Are the bad thoughts near?
Or can you be where your feet are yea when you stand right here and say no!
I'm never gonna give up
I'm never gonna slow
Cuz the one that doesn't give up never loses to a foe
Im the one that can show
To myself I can go
All the way to the top
Can't stop me no
Ima soldier always closer till it's over
Older but I'm bolder moving forward
Motor never slower good know ya
Don't go make me drop my shoulder
You need to believe