• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter Overhaul (Scaling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uvogin breaking out of the restraints as well when he was captured is a good feat.

I could do it here in a bit, but if someone else wants to go ahead, it's an easy calc, what you do is get the cross sectional area of the broken parts (So the metal tube, you'd get the thickness of the tube, and use an area of the circle to get cross sectional area. And for the other restraints, rectangular area would work).

Once you get the area, you multiply by the yield strength of the metal.

For example, if the cross sectional area ends up at 40cm2, you multiply by Mpa of say, mild steel, 400mpa (which would be 4.079 ton force per cm2).

40 x 4.079 = 163.16 tons, Class K.

That was just a example, but that's how one goes about it, and given Uvo is a big boy, and those were big restraints, it's probably easily Class K.

.... The Anime is barely different. It just has different angles, lmao. Timeframe should be a-okay.
The biggest problem is with the distance in anime
unknown.png

He does, or well kinda? I think? The anime does show him breaking free. (The 90s anime doesn't show it, but it still makes clear he broke free as we hear it happen) In the manga, it's not shown but it can be easily inferred (He's strapped down covered with metal restraints), they suck the poison out, and then he sits up despite the page prior he was like chained down. Either he broke out of them and the manga is ass at conveying that properly, or one of the troupe broke them for him between panels.

Though if nobody thinks that's sufficient reasoning oh well, I ain't gonna argue it should be used or not, though it'd be a nice feat.

So what are the conclusions here so far, and what do we currently need to do here? Should I ask some more calc group members to evaluate the remaining calculation blogs?

Last edited:
So what are the conclusions here so far, and what do we currently need to do here? Should I ask some more calc group members to evaluate the remaining calculation blogs?
We have concluded AP, as previously mentioned. No major disagreement towards the already accepted calculations, so speed scaling is neutral as of now.

The evaluation really the only thing left left before last topic. Besides the unevaluated calculations, we need to discuss Lifting Strength, as a lot of profiles simply upscale from a much, much lower feat to get there. (Youpi's Class K is upscaled from Killua's 64-ton feat)

I recommend only calling CGMs who seem invested in the verse, like Armor for example.

@Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @DragonGamerZ913

We would greatly appreciate if you are willing to evaluate the above calculations and then tell us here please.
DragonGamerZ913 evaluated all the speed feats. I shall inform them of my deepest gratitude for their time and attention.

I will sort out the speed scaling, and we can continue for the final point.

All 5 blogs have been evaluated. The only feat that has any sort of contention is Hisoka outrunning the explosion, but that's just because I'm not knowledgeable enough on HxH to know if he really outran it or something else happened, which is something that the knowledgeable members can discuss since the math itself is good

Thanks a lot for helping us out. It is very appreciated, and allows us to proceed with, and likely conclude, this revision thread.

Now, with the new speed feats evaluated, we can start.

• Top/God Tier
The fastest characters in the series such as Post Rose Meruem, and Netero's Buddha are scaled to the fastest MHS feat (Mach 275)

Who scales: Post-Rose Meruem, Post Training Netero's Reaction, and Attack Speed, Neferpitou's Perception Speed

The faster MHS characters such as Adult Gon and Puppet Neferpitou are scaled to Netero's casual MHS feat (Mach 149.5)

Who scales: Pre-Rose Meruem, Puppet Neferpitou, Adult Gon, Godspeed Killua

The MHS characters such as Shaiapouf and Neferpitou are scaled to Newborn Neferpitou's casual MHS feat (Mach 106)

Who scales: Base/Terpsichora Neferpitou, Shaiapouf

The slowest MHS character such as Menthuthuyoupi is downscaled from Newborn Neferpitou's feat (Mach 100)

Who scales: Youpi, possibly Kite, possibly Parinston, possibly Ging, possibly Prime Netero

• Mid Tier
The fastest High Hypersonic+ characters such as CA Killua and Gon, Illumi, and Rammot are upscaled from End of GI/Start of CA Killua's Lightning feat (Mach 50)

Who scales: CA Gon, CA Killua, Cheetu, Morel, Knov, Chrollo Lucifer, Feitan, Hisoka, Illumi, Kite, Kurapika with Scarlet Eyes (Yorkshin onwards), Uvogin, Leol, Mizaistom, Nobunaga, Ging, Rammot, Razor, Phinks, Saiyu, Shalnark Transformed form, Silva, Zazan, Zeno, Base Netero, Franklin, Machi, Ant Palm

The High Hypersonic characters such as GI Gon, GI Killua, Biscuit and Bombers are scaled to GI Killua's Lightning feat (Mach 42)

Who scales: GI Gon and Killua (Post Training), Biscuit, Genthru, Gotoh, Knuckle, Shoot, Tsubone, Bonolenov

The slowest High Hypersonic characters are downscaled from Post-Training GI Killua's feat (Mach 25)

Who scales: Binolt, Kalluto, Fodder Chimera, Kortopi, Meleoron, Pakunoda, Shizuku Murasaki, Welfin

The Hypersonic characters are upscaled from Pre-Training GI/End of Yorkshin Gon's very, very casual feat (Mach 5)

Who scales: Yorkshin Gon, Yorkshin Kurapika, Yorkshin Killua, Abengane, Basho, Tsezguerra

The Supersonic+ Characters such as random nen users are downscaled from End of Yorkshin Gon's feat (Mach 2.5)

Who scales: H.A Gon, H.A Killua, Wing

NOTE: There is a feat from Kurapika where he stops several bullets with his chain, likely Supersonic. I will put it in a blog later on.

• Low Tier
The fastest Subsonic Characters such as Hunter Exam Arc Killua, and Hanzo are scaled to Killua's Subsonic feat (96m/s)

Who scales: Killua (Hunter Exam), Hanzo (Hunter Exam), Kurapika with Scarlet Eyes (Hunter Exam)

The Subsonic Characters such as H. Exam Arc Gon, Kurapika, and Pokkie are scaled to Gon's casual Subsonic feat (59m/s)

Who scales: Pokkie (Hunter Exam), Kurapika (Hunter Exam), Gon (Hunter Exam)

The slowest Subsonic Characters such as random Hunter candidates are downscaled from Gon's feat (34m/s)

Who Scales: Leorio (Hunter Exam)

In case of any concerns, questions or inputs about mistakes I've made, please reply to me. About the manga-only profiles, I am not knowledgeable enough to judge where they'd stand.

Last edited:

• Top/God Tier
The fastest characters in the series such as Post Rose Meruem, and Netero's Buddha are scaled to the fastest MHS feat (Mach 459)

Who scales: Post-Rose Meruem, Post Training Netero's Reaction, and Attack Speed, Neferpitou's Perception Speed

The faster MHS characters such as Adult Gon and Puppet Neferpitou are scaled to Netero's casual MHS feat (Mach 149.5)

Who scales: Pre-Rose Meruem, Puppet Neferpitou, Adult Gon

The MHS characters such as Shaiapouf and Neferpitou are scaled to Newborn Neferpitou's casual MHS feat (Mach 106)

Who scales: Base/Terpsichora Neferpitou, Shaiapouf, Godspeed Killua

The slowest MHS character such as Menthuthuyoupi is downscaled from Newborn Neferpitou's feat (Mach 100)

Who scales: Youpi, possibly Kite, possibly Parinston, possibly Ging, possibly Prime Netero

• Mid Tier
The fastest High Hypersonic+ characters such as CA Killua and Gon, Illumi, and Rammot are upscaled from End of GI/Start of CA Killua's Lightning feat (Mach 50)

Who scales: CA Gon, CA Killua, Cheetu, Morel, Knov, Chrollo Lucifer, Feitan, Hisoka, Illumi, Kite, Kurapika with Scarlet Eyes (Yorkshin onwards), Uvogin, Leol, Mizaistom, Nobunaga, Ging, Rammot, Razor, Phinks, Saiyu, Shalnark Transformed form, Silva, Zazan, Zeno, Base Netero, Franklin, Machi, Ant Palm

The High Hypersonic characters such as GI Gon, GI Killua, Biscuit and Bombers are scaled to GI Killua's Lightning feat (Mach 42)

Who scales: GI Gon and Killua (Post Training), Biscuit, Genthru, Gotoh, Knuckle, Shoot, Tsubone, Bonolenov

The slowest High Hypersonic characters are downscaled from Post-Training GI Killua's feat (Mach 25)

Who scales: Binolt, Kalluto, Fodder Chimera, Kortopi, Meleoron, Pakunoda, Shizuku Murasaki, Welfin

The Hypersonic characters are upscaled from Pre-Training GI/End of Yorkshin Gon's very, very casual feat (Mach 5)

Who scales: Yorkshin Gon, Yorkshin Kurapika, Yorkshin Killua, Abengane, Basho, Tsezguerra

The Supersonic+ Characters such as random nen users are downscaled from End of Yorkshin Gon's feat (Mach 2.5)

NOTE: There is a feat from Kurapika where he stops several bullets with his chain, likely Supersonic. I will put it in a blog later on.

• Low Tier
The fastest Subsonic Characters such as Hunter Exam Arc Killua, and Hanzo are scaled to Killua's Subsonic feat (96m/s)

Who scales: Killua (Hunter Exam), Hanzo (Hunter Exam), Kurapika with Scarlet Eyes (Hunter Exam)

The Subsonic Characters such as H. Exam Arc Gon, Kurapika, and Pokkie are scaled to Gon's casual Subsonic feat (59m/s)

The slowest Subsonic Characters such as random Hunter candidates are downscaled from Gon's feat (34m/s)

In case of any concerns, questions or inputs about mistakes I've made, please reply to me. About the manga-only profiles, I am not knowledgeable enough to judge where they'd stand.
In chapter 307 killua is shown moving faster than post morten pitou, so godspeed scales to mach 149

ow, with the new speed feats evaluated, we can start.

• Top/God Tier
The fastest characters in the series such as Post Rose Meruem, and Netero's Buddha are scaled to the fastest MHS feat (Mach 459)

Who scales: Pre-Rose Meruem, Puppet Neferpitou, Adult Gon

Who scales: Base/Terpsichora Neferpitou, Shaiapouf, Godspeed Killua

• Mid Tier

• Low Tier

Have all of these been accepted?

Thanks a lot for helping us out. It is very appreciated, and allows us to proceed with, and likely conclude, this revision thread.
No problem. I'm gonna unwatch this thread now since I know nothing about Hunter x Hunter, but feel free to tag me if you need anything else

• Top/God Tier

Who scales: Pre-Rose Meruem, Puppet Neferpitou, Adult Gon, Godspeed Killua

Who scales: Base/Terpsichora Neferpitou, Shaiapouf

• Mid Tier

• Low Tier

Good job Charmander. This looks good from what I can see.

Uhhh... Why exacly does the green line, used for the depth of the crater, ends in the middle of it?... I mean, if the angle is the problem, we can always just use the standard *0.28 formula for craters, no?... We could also analyse it as a 1/3 sphere, and get the volume like that...

htMoTd6_d.webp

Uhhh... Why exacly does the green line, used for the depth of the crater, ends in the middle of it?... I mean, if the angle is the problem, we can always just use the standard *0.28 formula for craters, no?... We could also analyse it as a 1/3 sphere, and get the volume like that...

htMoTd6_d.webp
The current calculation also assumes the crater is >1% of a sphere, which is visually not the case at all...

EDIT: The same applies to Zero Hand? What the hell??

Last edited:
I didn't understand anything you said
The craters are spherical caps, most of them, even the narrowest ones have a 0.17 depth-to-diameter ratio. That ratio means, for example, that the crater is 17% of a complete sphere.

Your calculations says that Youpi's crater is ~0,5% of a full sphere, which is immensely narrow. We can visually see that's not the case, we literally see Youpi compared to the crater, if it was 11m tall, he'd be far larger in comparison.

Either way, I think you should use 0.33 ratio for Youpi's crater, and 0.2 ratio for Zero Hand's narrow crater.

Formula for the volume of spherical craters is

(4/3×π×r^3)×ratio
r = radius

I don't see why. These depth averages should only be used when nothing can be seen above the crater. But in the case of the Zero Hand, it is clearly visible

I don't see why. These depth averages should only be used when nothing can be seen above the crater. But in the case of the Zero Hand, it is clearly visible
Your values contradict visual evidence, in the Youpi one, the angle doesn't even come close to allow you to use the green line like that. The crater is not narrow enough for the volume to make sense.

Same applies to Zero Hand, it's clearly not a narrow 0.01 ratio crater, it really looks like 1/5 of a sphere. Also, angle again.

It's okay if you don't want to do it, I'll make a blog featuring the ratio volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back