• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter Overhaul (Scaling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero Hand is probably close enough, Youpi depth definitely needs a retool tho.

The craters are spherical caps, most of them, even the narrowest ones have a 0.17 depth-to-diameter ratio. That ratio means, for example, that the crater is 17% of a complete sphere.

Your calculations says that Youpi's crater is ~0,5% of a full sphere, which is immensely narrow. We can visually see that's not the case, we literally see Youpi compared to the crater, if it was 11m tall, he'd be far larger in comparison.
Just realized it's Damage's calc, not yours, my apologies.

Zero Hand is probably close enough, Youpi depth definitely needs a retool tho.
0.01 depth-to-diameter ratio seems waaay too far fetched. Here's a 0.12 one for comparison.

Nevermind. It's Depth-to-Diameter ratio, not volume. It's not far fetched, his is 0.13

Last edited:
I mean, 1/3 might be a tad high, but it sure as **** ain't 10m, that's like 3 Youpi's tall, and it's definitely beyond 3 Youpi's tall.

You can't just assume.
I will assume one thing, though. You have eyes, right?

You are capable of interpreting a visual representation of a real life shape in front of you, correct? You are also entirely capable of imagination, so you can absolutely tell that the crater has a shape of a spherical cap, and that it basically composes around 30% of a whole sphere. You can see it, without anyone having to tell you that with a mathematical expression, because you are capable of, again, interpretation.

You have a problem with the result, not with the method.

I mean, 1/3 might be a tad high, but it sure as **** ain't 10m, that's like 3 Youpi's tall, and it's definitely beyond 3 Youpi's tall.
That's fair. We can use the standard 0.28, in between 1/3 (0.3333~) and 1/4 (0.25). What do you think?

Cuz, I particularly don't think 1/4th of a sphere is quite accurate, as the crater is fairly deep.

That's fair. We can use the standard 0.28, in between 1/3 (0.3333~) and 1/4 (0.25). What do you think?

Cuz, I particularly don't think 1/4th of a sphere is quite accurate, as the crater is fairly deep.
Just go calc the height of the crater cause it sure ain't 30 meters

Is there any other shots? (Obviously there is but I can't check ATM) There has to be some better shots involving the depth. Isn't there a shot with Killua at the lip of it or against the smoke clones?

If not maybe some weird angsizing could work?

Otherwise 1/4th might work if nothing else can be reached.

Is there any other shots? (Obviously there is but I can't check ATM) There has to be some better shots involving the depth. Isn't there a shot with Killua at the lip of it or against the smoke clones?

One forth of a sphere would mean the crater is 22 meters tall. No evidence

Angsizing might work, I guess. But the sphere volume seems far more straightforward.

anyway, here's some shots

Literally after the explosion occurred
u9CELjC.png

Youpi is hilariously small in this shot, good luck identifying him.

Knuckle entering the crater
l6e5RaT.png

Killua enters the thing
CNG8LjP.png

Shots from afar
q5E5Ksu.png

ai8YDZK.png

Last shot
90HftsT.png

I'm still insisting on 1/3, it almost look like a hemisphere in this last one up close.

Killua shot definitely looks like it's at least 20m if not higher. (Eyeballing it anyway, Killua is what, 140cm tall right? Well it doesn't matter much).

The Knuckle one doesn't seem that deep but when you consider that we don't see the full thing and that's only a bit, which is still close to 10m, that too implies above 10m.

Not to mention the aerial shots have it pretty damn deep compared to the diameter.

The initial shot is also so stupidly ******* deep scaling off Youpi that it's unironically impossibly deep.

So Yeah, definitely not just 10m deep, that's blatantly false. I'm on board with finding a more accurate depth, might do some rough calcs of a few shots come tomorrow.

So Yeah, definitely not just 10m deep, that's blatantly false. I'm on board with finding a more accurate depth, might do some rough calcs of a few shots come tomorrow.
Sure thing. This will greatly help. (I thought there was something wrong with the AP scaling... There are more though, but one thing at the time)

If there are no serious complaints, I think that Charmander's scaling suggestions are probably fine to apply now.

1/3 is way too much. Absolutely ridiculous. Bro charmanter you should at least scale the height before suggesting a change. Are you literally basing 100% of your calcs on assumptions or what. 1. Assuming timeframe for the fight against meruem 2. Assuming 0.96 is ok since "it was the panel prior" 3. Implying that Hisoka put raced the explosion etc.

The reason this looks like 1/3 is because the crater is drawn smaller in those panels. Since the radius "shrinked" the depth appears bigger. These panels only support the height being below 10 meterd
Angsizing might work, I guess. But the sphere volume seems far more straightforward.

anyway, here's some shots

Literally after the explosion occurred
u9CELjC.png

Youpi is hilariously small in this shot, good luck identifying him.

Knuckle entering the crater
l6e5RaT.png

Killua enters the thing
CNG8LjP.png

Shots from afar
q5E5Ksu.png

ai8YDZK.png

Last shot
90HftsT.png

I'm still insisting on 1/3, it almost look like a hemisphere in this last one up close.
e

1/3 is way too much. Absolutely ridiculous.
Are you saying that because the result is too high for your liking? Or are you saying that because the crater is too narrow for it to be 1/3rd of a sphere?

Based on your first response before, it's the former. I really don't care.
Bro charmanter you should at least scale the height before suggesting a change.
Very few shots where this is viable because angle sucks. My suggestion is perfectly plausible for craters.

The reason this looks like 1/3 is because the crater is drawn smaller in those panels. Since the radius "shrinked" the depth appears bigger. These panels only support the height being below 10 meterd

e
Great way of contradicting yourself. Most shots upclose or inside the crater looks like it's absolutely massive, and deep.

Great way of contradicting yourself. Most shots upclose or inside the crater looks like it's absolutely massive, and deep.
Bro you literally provided the shots were we can see the crater is 5 meters. 10 meters was already much. Just choosing one panel above the other 10 because it gets higher results and then accusing me of being biased is pure stupidity

Bro you literally provided the shots were we can see the crater is 5 meters. 10 meters was already much. Just choosing one panel above the other 10 because it gets higher results and then accusing me of being biased is pure stupidity
That is blatantly false. There is NO shot where the crater is 1.5 Youpis tall. You can't measure properly, just leave it to Chariot and me, ffs...

If there are no serious complaints, I think that Charmander's scaling suggestions are probably fine to apply now.
Yes, we're settled on speed it seems. Just some minor adjustments to the AP scaling and we should be fine.
Lifting Strength is a very minor topic, and there will be few changes to it, so it shouldn't take too long.

5 meters.

Are we just gonna pretend the crater is only 2 Youpis tall? Because Youpi is easily over 2.5m meters tall, he's literally nearly double average height. And the crater sure as **** ain't so shallow he could reach out of it with his arm span alone.

Are we just gonna pretend the crater is only 2 Youpis tall? Because Youpi is easily over 2.5m meters tall, he's literally nearly double average height. And the crater sure as **** ain't so shallow he could reach out of it with his arm span alone.
Bro look at the panel where we have a comparison to knuckle. This ain't even 5 meters. Or the one with Killua, killua is 45 meters away from the crater center according to the radius of said crater yet is only like 1/10 of the height. There is no way the crater would be even close to 30 meters in height. You two should give up. Stop trying to wank everything. Every speed scale of him has major flaws and use false info as facts and your reasoning for 1/3 is also just your assumptions

Bro look at the panel where we have a comparison to knuckle. This ain't even 5 meters. Or the one with Killua, killua is 45 meters away from the crater center according to the radius of said crater yet is only like 1/10 of the height. There is no way the crater would be even close to 30 meters in height. You two should give up. Stop trying to wank everything. Every speed scale of him has major flaws and use false info as facts and your reasoning for 1/3 is also just your assumptions
Funny how you say that while assuming every value you stated by eyeballing alone.

But hey, when I do it, it's a problem, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back