• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How would we tier a sentient black hole?

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Alright, so there's this sentient black hole, I consider making a profile for.
I'm uncertain what's the most appropriate way for assigning it AP is.
It should theoretically be able to destroy just about anything by absorbing it, the way black holes do. But then, that probably is better classified as hax.
One could use KE it gave something while sucking it in, but that appears kinda unrelated to its attack power. Then again, one could consider it the power of its gravity manipulation... so maybe? It has an accretion disk which are technically powered by that KE...
Otherwise, there's an option of tiering it 10-C based on its very minor light creation/manipulation feat and calling the rest hax.

I kinda don't just want to put it as unknown.

Any opinions?

Last edited:
Yeah, that actually seems weird; I know I was against making sentient planets having planet level durability for reasons saying normal humans have wall level durability and what not. It should definitely upscale to any large objects it could swallow whole at bare minimum whether it be various planets or stars. And a Universe sized black hole that is sentient would be Universal. But I have a feeling the classic GBE method we use for black hole creation feats perhaps? Black holes don't really have the same weaknesses and limitations that planets do.

I considered the GBE method, but that's more for creating the black holes. I think it's difficult to relate it to its AP.

Its best swallowing feat a mini neutron star, which probably would weigh around 10^11 or 10^12 kg, but is only like a centimeter or two in diameter. Not sure what to make of that either tbh.

We could just say screw it an say High 3-A since that's the minimum durability required to survive contact with it.

Jokes aside, if that's the only option so be it. I don't like Unknown ratings either, but it's often worth using as a last resort.

Welp, worst case I will make it "Unknown, at least 10-C" for the minor light manip.

Nah i think that's redundant, is also done via an ability, if we can't calc the KE of it moving around, it should just be unknown and have tiers via absorption and stuff

Oh, it's immobile, so there is no KE of it moving itself. It can only move others via gravity.

How would you calc absorption of that mini-neutron star? KE? ... honestly, due to the uncertain timeframe that might end up 10-C as well. Well, it did eat a few children rather quickly. That might yield 10-B...

Calc black hole, wut. I think we better leave it be as Unknown unless you want to calc KE of something that drag space-time at speed of light

Back