• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acceptable Black Hole Creation Contexts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
I believe it would be beneficial to confer with the other staff members to revise the Black Hole Creation page to note what contexts of creation are acceptable and not.

On our site, the baseline galaxy is the Milky Way Galaxy. An essential part of its structure is its galactic center, Sagittarius A, a supermassive black hole. The Milky Way may contain ten billion white dwarfs, a billion neutron stars, and a hundred million stellar black holes.

The standard model for an active galactic nucleus is based upon an accretion disc that forms around a supermassive black hole (SMBH) at the core region of the galaxy.

Within a billion years of a galaxy's formation, key structures begin to appear. Globular clusters, the central supermassive black hole, and a galactic bulge of metal-poor Population II stars form. The creation of a supermassive black hole appears to play a key role in actively regulating the growth of galaxies by limiting the total amount of additional matter added.

With this in mind, should characters who are shown to create galaxies akin to real-life be allowed the ability?

Should characters who recreated an exact duplicate of a galaxy that was shown to have natural black holes be allowed the ability?

What other contexts of their creation should be allowed or not and noted on the page?

I feel if you are creating a universe and black holes come as a natural consequence, that should only be listed as creation. Lest we give all universe creators manipulation over every kind of object that exists

What if you create said universe in exact detail and thus put thought into creating those black holes and celestial bodies?

Edit: Could this be considered an extremely potent form of Creation then?

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree we should just give creation and what the character is shown to usually use when fighting. Separately listing manipulation/creation of every single thing that technically typically exists in the world would just be a mess of technicalities.

I agree with DontTalkDT, Andytrenom, and Qawsedf234.

Should we mention this in the Creation page?

Yeah, I agree we should just give creation and what the character is shown to usually use when fighting. Separately listing manipulation/creation of every single thing that technically typically exists in the world would just be a mess of technicalities.
Could a character creating a universe or galaxy in fine detail with black holes in it, be considered 1) capable of creating black holes without creating the rest of the universe and 2) as a consequence have a lessened burden of proof that when they create something that looks like a black hole, that it is in fact a black hole?

@Antvasima

So we could make a more defined list of "Possible Uses" similar to the Reality Warping page?
We could. I'm not sure if it is meaningful, though. We are talking about a huge number of things. What in particular would you list? Like, matter, energy, souls, minds and spacetime/pocket dimensions, since those would be the most general categories of things one can create?

Btw. am I the only one who thinks the summary would be better "The ability to create something from nothing"?
Should we mention this in the Creation page?
Something like
In case of creation of large and varied objects, such as planets, galaxies and universes, one should just list creation as ability without listing separate abilities for each created object. For example, while creation of a galaxy likely includes creation of black holes, Black Hole Creation should not be listed separately. An exception to that would be if the object in question is of particular relevance to the characters fighting style, i.e. if the character for instance launches black holes at his opponents.
maybe?
Not sure in which section I would put that, though.

@DontTalkDT

Thanks for the input.

What are your thoughts on what Green said. For Galaxy or Universe creators, would they be given lessened burden of proof when they create something that looks or acts like a black hole. So it would be safe to say that it is in fact a black hole?

Thank you for helping out DontTalk. I am fine with if you add your suggested text to a notes section at the bottom of the page.

What are your thoughts on what Green said. For Galaxy or Universe creators, would they be given lessened burden of proof when they create something that looks or acts like a black hole. So it would be safe to say that it is in fact a black hole?
We don't quite have a burden of proof on black holes like we have on, for example, lasers.
Usually, when someone is (somewhat reliably) stated to create a black hole we assume it's a black hole.
The huge exception to that is if the black hole behaves nothing like what a black hole should. Sadly like 90% of black holes in fiction tend to do that.
For those cases the argument doesn't matter in my opinion. What we are shown is more important.

For the cases where something is created from which we don't have any statement of it being a black hole, it's also somewhat difficult to apply. Although I have never really seen any such cases to begin with.
For such cases, you would have to establish that the thing the character created is highly probable to be a black hole before this argument can become relevant.
So, I guess it could be a slight point of evidence for those very rare cases.

Thank you for helping out DontTalk. I am fine with if you add your suggested text to a notes section at the bottom of the page.
Should I put the Attack Potency Scaling note on the page in that section as well, or should that stay separate?

Should I put the Attack Potency Scaling note on the page in that section as well, or should that stay separate?
Please remind me what attack potency note that you are referring to.

I think that an extra section, titled "Implied Powers" or something more appropriate, below the attack potency section would likely be better.

Thank you.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

@Antvasima

Can we add what DTDT said regarding the burden of proof to the Black Hole Creation Page for Cosmos level creators?

I suppose that seems fine. Should I unlock the page for you Firestorm, or are you willing to handle it DontTalk?

Thank you very much for the help.

Are you satisfied with the addition Firestorm?

Thank you for the assistance. Are there any other contexts that you believe should be added? If not then we can close the thread.

Addendum seems fine.

Thank you. It seems like I should close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back