• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How would the Earth's military fare against an invasion force of the Gems from Steven Universe?

I got this idea from seeing a thread about it on 4chan lol

Scenario is the gems begin the war wih forces on the ground.

From what I read, a lot of people said humans win easily due to:

1. Gems can be easily poofed (examples brought up were Pearl getting stabbed, Corrupted Jasper, Sadie and that invisible gem monster and that just doing damage enough to their "bodies" would pood them)

2. Gem can be shattered easily by guns (examples were Amethyst's fall that cracked her gem in Indirect Kiss, Lapis getting punched and stepped on in the flashback)

3. Gems are dumb (examples were gem viewpoint and mindset of humans in general)

and 4. Gems generally dont hide or protect their gems

So....because it would amuse me to see these points above oblitered into pieces and I do actually want to see discussion on this hypothetical, how would we do against a gem invasion?

...Youre kidding right? With the firepower we have now Gems would demolish humanity pretty casually.

1. Pearl being poofed by a sword is pure PIS, the entire episode was centered around teaching Steven about poofing. Jasper became corrupted after she fused with a corrupted Gem, so that doesnt really have anything to do with the scenario. And yes, doing damage enough to their "bodies" would poof them, but unfortunately that amount of damage is currently more than the entirety of The World's Nuclear Weapon Stockpile / Arsenal.

2. ...No, again this is a PIS moment, the beating Amethyst took from Jasper was exponentially worse than falling a few hundred feet off a cliff. Lapis was poofed by Bismuth so i dont see how that translates to her being easily shattered.

3. I dont really know what youre referring to here...if youre talking about how some gems have superiority complexes and most Gems are ignorant to how life on Earth works that's again not really applicable given how immensely powerful they are. Doesnt really matter if you know how life works or not when you have Gems like Lapis Lazuli who can bust multiple continents in a weakened state.

4. Already explained this in point 2, their gemstones are still durable enough to take hits from other Gems, hell Garnet's gems are on her hands and her main method of attack is punching, and Jasper's Gem is on her nose and her main method of attack is charging face-first into the enemy. Their Gems arent being shattered by any human technology any time soon.

If we were attacked by either the Good Crystal Gems or the Evil Homeworld Gems, we'd die. End of story, nothing we have is enough to kill them unless we were able to harness the natural phenomenon from the real world but I'm willing to be we can't.

Weekly I'm not arguing for humans, I just want to see actual people who know what the **** they're talking debunk these ******** claims from an imageboard site. It amuses me.

I actually said and agree with everything you;ve said.

Looking at the profiles, the number of crystal gems that would have a chance to not solo us can be counted on one hand, and 4 of them are Steven and his fusions because they apparently need to breathe and could therefore hypothetically lose by walking through a poison gas. The other one is Peridot in base or with the peribot, and literally no other forms.

@Aqua Oooooooh okay i getcha lol, Tbhq all Homeworld would have to do is send in a White Light and humanity is screwed, we arent beating a casually Multi-Continent level Lightspeed robot anytime soon.

But Gem hand ship wasnt shown to be able to endure physical damage, it was only able to fend off the light cannon, which was a light based attack (an actual reasoning I saw on 4chan's thread)

I brought up Garnet getting hit by multiple cars in Onion Trade, and got the response of "Stuff like that was debunked earlier in the thread"

I love it when people try to argue over stuff they know nothing about

Someone said it would take about 40,000 joules to shatter a gem because thats what was calculated the force when Amethyst fell from the cliff and cracked her gem.

Monarch Laciel said:
Well obviously. Nukes are OP

You guys would not believe how many times in that thread on /co/ I saw "nukes" used as an argument....not just against gems themselves but against the ORBITAL WAR SHIPS!

I mean, one nuke took down that massive alien ship from Independence day. They could easily take down a few gems

Since I count all the calcs that give Gems their tiers as PIS, the only chance HW has is to only shoot from space until everything dies. The moment even one of their ships enters the lower atmosphere, regular missiles will turn it into rubble. do people actually take these tiers seriously? come on, gems are not even close to island level attack and relativistic (or even sonic) speeds

Tipioma, there are still PLENTY of non PIS moments to use, Garnet getting hit by cars in ionion trade, Pearl effortlessly kicking a large boulder flung at her and Steven in two with one kick, and plus your reasoning is ver flawed.

Our absolute best weapons are hax, like molecular manip and radiation manip. These guys are more haxed than us and more powerful. We're boned.

Ok, do we assume that since we're being attacked by the Gems from other worlds (Bad gems, I don't know their names, ain't watched the show) that we're also the residency of the good Gems, like Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Steven, and etc.? If we do have the good Gems then we'd stand much fair a chance, but if we're by ourselves, We get demolished.

You know the scene where Ronaldo tries to attack the Gems and fails miserably?

Like that, but on a massive scale

but Weekly, guhh, the pearl poof episode and Amethyst cracking and stuff!

gems are DUUUMB.

If the Homeworld Gems come to Earth, I'd logically think they're sending an armada.

I don't believe there is any Earth weapon that could pose any sort of threat. You'd think that with Gem activity constantly on Earth that at least the government or military would know but they never showed up, thus remain unable to detect them.

It'd be like Independence Day 1996, but we'd lose.

Monarch Laciel said:
I mean, one nuke took down that massive alien ship from Independence day. They could easily take down a few gems
Lol where, if you're talking about the Colony Mothership that is PIS so the movie could end with us winning.

Unless America has made one nuke that can take out 1/3rd of the moon we don't know about.

Back