• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do certain feats translate into a fight?

I was reading through Avatar Korra's profile and I noticed she was high 7-C because of scaling to some other avatar's feat of splitting an island. This is all fine and dandy, but how does this apply to her attacks? Like does that mean her elemental shots are large town level or..?

Also, I wanna pose the same question but for environmental destruction instead.

examples :

- Big Chill

- Esdeath

can environmental destruction even translate into offensive capability? Or in their case is it just how much they can freeze?

yes, her attacks would be large building+ to large town level via power-scaling to Kiyoshi.

environmental destruction is how much stuff they can put on ice in this case, but it is still an attack, just not a focused one.

@Fllflourine

Thanks for answering :) but that's what I don't get.

The feat was high 7-C because that was the energy required to split an island in that situation right? But its not like Kyoshi shot a fire blast or something that split the island in half, she just used her control over the earth to do so. How does that reflect the force of their elemental blasts or just their attacks in general, is my question.

About environmental destruction. Lets use Big chill as an example because I love the guy.

So big chill was calced to have country level environmental destruction. In a fight, does this just mean he could potentially freeze an entire country or whatever area him and and his opponent are fighting in if he so chose as long as its as big as a country? If so, isn't it a little usesless? as no matter how much he can freeze, his opponent could just bust out of the ice like they would against any other ice user who can create much less environmental destruction with ther powers.

So it would be like instead of his regular concentrated ice breath, it would be the same thing except instead of just the opponent freezing, a country sized area around them gets frozen as well?

As master of all 4 elements, the avatar could likely produce similar results to High 7-C with their other elements, afterall, it's not unheard of. In a flashback, there was Kiyoshi lifting two massive statues, a fire avatar making several volcanoes erupt violently, a water avatar (Kuruk?) summoning forth a tsunami, and Yangchen directing a powerful gale of wind over a forest.

As for Big Chill, environmental destruction is pretty much that, but it can produce other, less direct effects. Someone who is particularly vulnerable to the cold will fall to ice attacks regardless of whether its environmental destruction or not.

So it would be like instead of his regular concentrated ice breath, it would be the same thing except instead of just the opponent freezing, a country sized area around them gets frozen as well?

Pretty much.

I kinda get it but like, sure they COULD, but thats a tad bit speculative don't you think? Like they can produce High 7-C results by triggering and/or directing natural phenomena and stuff, but In direct combat how does using control over earth to split an entire island translate to being able to blast things with that amount of energy? Sorry if I'm missing something but I'm just confused lmao xD

Alright then,thanks for clearing environmental destruction up. But like whats the use of even having a high amount of environmental destruction with ice powers if the same as any old freezing ability except you can just freeze bigger things? What kind of less direct effects can it produce?

That High 7-C feat was done using earthbending, so logically, as the master of all 4 elements, it scales to their other bending abilities too.

EDIT: Oh. I see what you're trying to say. The same key for an Avatar's High 7-C key is actually "High 8-C to High 7-C", so while a mere blast might be just large building, directing a tsunami is a different story.

But like whats the use of even having a high amount of environmental destruction with ice powers if the same as any old freezing ability except you can just freeze bigger things? What kind of less direct effects can it produce?

Like what I said above, often the outcome of a battle can be determined by how someone uses the environment to their advantage, and one example is an opponent who's vulnerable to the cold being caught in a country-wide snowstorm.

Back