• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Did You Get Introduced To Your Favorite Verse(s)?

she would be slicing and dicing you if you even tried

IMG_0751.jpg

Mario/Sonic: I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to I've been in love with these franchises ever since I could remember. but if I were to say how it would probably be Aosth and Super Mario Brothers Super Show.

Dragon ball: my best friend loves it so he rubbed it off on me and I'm a fan of it too

Pokemon: I watched the anime on cartoon network when I was a kid and liked it enough to get some of the games

Digimon: I heard it was similar to Pokemon and I liked it just as much if not more than Pokemon, I was upset when it got removed off of Netflix b/c I didn't even get to finish it.

Pretty Cure: a female friend suggested it to me back in elementary school and at first I was pretty hesitant then I watched it and got into it, and if you're wondering my favorite cure is Cure Happy (can't link page because it got deleted recently :v )

Team fortress 2: Saw the memes and couldn't help myself but play the game myself

Hollow Knight: heard it was really good and now it's my favorite video game ever, of all time and I can't wait for silksong to come out.

Kirby: Smash bros

Undertale: a friend introduced it to me

holy shit i just noticed how long all of this was **** it rewriting

Zelda, Doom, Resident Evil, Harvest Moon, et cetera - Uncle set up a Nintendo 64 emulator on my very first PC, because this was the western balkans during the 2000s, so you couldn't exactly experience cool modern stuff like the newest game consoles. I still hold these games dear to my heart.

Sonic the Hedgehog - Watched the Sonic SatAM cartoon, played fan-made Sonic flash games, but this was back when dial-up internet was a thing and you had to set up those dumb, giant antennas. Found out I had the CDs for Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Heroes and played the shit out of both games.

Touhou - Introduced to it by watching animations about EoSD's cast, somehow managed to get my hands on a copy of EoSD either out of sheer luck or my illiterate toddler brain not noticing how many viruses I installed on my PC while PCB was the newest addition to the series. Became a big Touhou veteran, which is funny considering Mokou spent more time revising the verse and consumed more 2hoe media, while I only played the games and didn't bother touching any of the other stuff until I started making revisions for the verse myself.

Warcraft - Watched way too many Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK videos and other related stuff. Finally played it when MoP was the current expansion. Now have a love-hate relationship because I hate Shadowlands and those dracthyr abominations. I'll take au ra over them anyday.
(BONUS: FF14 - Was a WoW refugee. Made a boring hyur scholar, got bored. Decided to play it again, but instead made an emo catboy healer, and enjoy it to death. And now everyone on the forum knows I play a sissy catboy healslut)

Suda51 - Still a toddler, watched No More Heroes gameplay, thought Travis and Shinobu were some badass ninjas, was very embarassed when I found out the truth after playing the game. Installed LET IT DIE a few years after playing NMH (and then my PC croaked 2 weeks later lol lmao). Since then I've become obsessed with Suda's works and hope I'll play his other games soon.

TF2 - Found out about it in 2013. Tried to pirate it because I didn't know it was free. very gud game i enjoy/10

Dota 2 - Found out about it in 2014. Was a stinky League player so I didn't enjoy it the first time. Tried it again a second time and instantly became hooked, and will never ever return to League or try any other competitive game ever again.

Surreal RPGMaker Games - When I was 12? 13? Tried out Middens, and it was a gateway drug, which is why I still love the series to bits while ignoring whatever the **** the creator did. Played LISA, OFF, Ib, Space Funeral, Hylics, pretty much all of them. Will probably replay them all one day.

Western CRPGs - Replace Middens with Morrowind and New Vegas. Lead to me discovering my other favorite games, like Fallout 2, Arcanum, Planescape Torment, Deus Ex, and of course Disco Elysium. Please play Disco Elysium it's so good pLEASE I BEG OF Y-

ULTRAKILL - Saw someone playing a demo of the game. Played the demo, was hyped. Watched while crying with joy as it slowly became popular and the best boomer shooter ever. It literally killed my enjoyment of video games because it was so unironically good.

Project Moon Games - Finally tried Lobotomy Corp after being constantly shown memes and art about the game from both my friend group and my girlfriend, it's alright. Still trying to find a way to pirate Ruina.

I'm not gonna write about non-gaming related media I enjoy because this post is already way too ******* long. Though I'll mention that Kemono Friends is my favorite franchise, just look at the amount of ******* times I mentioned it on the forum with the search function. I platonically love my quirky animal girls.

UHHH BONUS LIGHTNING ROUND
Fullmetal Alchemist and DBZ - First animes I watched thorouhgyly hg hghow the **** do you spell it
Digimon - I grew up with it so im biased towards it when someone compares it to pokemon
Devil May Cry- Dante trying to eat pizza while the dumb stinky scythe demons tried to kill him was so epic!!
God Hand - me likey ps2 games and this one challenging and complex and neat :)
Melty Blood/Street Fighter/any fighting game - fighting game good because of old friend group that got me into it i enjoy even though im bad uhhh thumbs up

other boomer shooters - good

idfk uhhh

Uh

Nobody knows what this verse is, but I got introduced to Ragna Crimson while randomly scrolling through Manganato for anything remotely interesting, and uh, clicked on Ragna Crimson, instantly got hooked.

Please read it it's so good.

You can say and think you acknowledge your own existence, but you can still truly not be and if others don't truly acknowledge your existence as well.

Basically it's simple but difficult in a way... Just means you need to change a lil to acknowledge and let others acknowledge your existence 🙈

You can say and think you acknowledge your own existence, but you can still truly not be and if others don't truly acknowledge your existence as well.

Basically it's simple but difficult in a way... Just means you need to change a lil to acknowledge and let others acknowledge your existence 🙈
Tryna come off as philosophical is not working for you dawg. You just sound condescending 💀

It's entirely your fault 💀
💀 no it's not...
"See this the bul-"
Nah... It's just true... If you have a problem with what I said then that's your problem as it isn't meant to give you a problem but actually fix/help them, There's no need for me to have any bs, evil, agenda or any of that... Just to help and if you have a problem... Then it's literally not my fault

If you want to understand and get better, you'll understand and get better from the comment, if you'll take what I said as a negative then it will be negative... Which is your problem
Or if you don't fully listen/understand it, you won't.

Pokémon: Played Pokémon Blue and Yellow on the Game Boy as a kid and played it many times, though never got around beating the Elite Four and Blue Oak. Watched some of the anime a little across different series. Around the mid-2010's, decided to catch up on the franchise by playing Gen 3 to 5. Technically didn't played the OG Gen 2 on the Game Boy color but the fan made game Pokémon 3D and the official HeartGold version has filled that quota.

Hero 108: Was browsing through different cartoons on Youtube and found one of the episodes that featured Mystique Sonia. I liked her design and decided to watch it. I then got curious and went on to binge on the show. Remains as one of my favorite hidden gems cartoon.

Meta Runner: Saw Tari's cameo appearance on SMG4 and seen the teaser trailer. Gave it a watch when it was out and liked it and got interested on the show as a whole.

I think my all time favorite series will be Sonic the Hedgehog and if I remember correcrlty, I was introduced to the hedgehog at a hospital because esentially I had to go to the hospital to do some testing and while there there was like place which acted as a place for hospitalized children to play games and watch movies, etc. Well they had a Gamecube and a copy of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle which I ate really badly and it's made me a big fan of the franchise.
It's actually funny because it was also Sonic which got me a free copy of Sonic Heroes, because I had rented the game from Blockbuster and when I was suppose to return it the store got shut down so I got keep it

Pokémon: Played Pokémon Blue and Yellow on the Game Boy as a kid and played it many times, though never got around beating the Elite Four and Blue Oak. Watched some of the anime a little across different series. Around the mid-2010's, decided to catch up on the franchise by playing Gen 3 to 5. Technically didn't played the OG Gen 2 on the Game Boy color but the fan made game Pokémon 3D and the official HeartGold version has filled that quota.

Hero 108: Was browsing through different cartoons on Youtube and found one of the episodes that featured Mystique Sonia. I liked her design and decided to watch it. I then got curious and went on to binge on the show. Remains as one of my favorite hidden gems cartoon.

Meta Runner: Saw Tari's cameo appearance on SMG4 and seen the teaser trailer. Gave it a watch when it was out and liked it and got interested on the show as a whole.
Hero 108 was so fire. It's that show that me and my brother could hype about and nobody know what the hell we were talking about.
Speaking of CN, y'all ever played Titanic Kungfubot Offensive? That was my true childhood. Cul-de-sac Smash 2 was fire back then as well.

KH - My dad and Mom had played the First game before I was born, and when I was old enough, the game and PS2 became entrusted to me... Rest was history.

Persona - Read about it in a game informer when I was like, 13 or smth, it was the onset of P5R. From there, I became a big fan of the series, but wouldn't play my first game until a year or two later. I instead watched videos about it. Eventually, since I had gotten a new PS2 after my old one broke, my dad got me Persona 3 FES and the Original Persona 4 for the PS2. (Unfortunately, I still haven't beat either game yet... I'll get back on that soon tho.)

TMNT - The old Cartoons were basically my childhood.

Sonic - Likewise, watched a handful of his cartoons, and played the Genesis games a bunch.

DBZ - Got a Game Demo once out of boredom, got addicted, bought the real game, rest explains itself.

There's probably a few other verses I could talk about here like RWBY and Fate, but these are the big 5 that most come to mind.

KH - My dad and Mom had played the First game before I was born, and when I was old enough, the game and PS2 became entrusted to me... Rest was history.

Persona - Read about it in a game informer when I was like, 13 or smth, it was the onset of P5R. From there, I became a big fan of the series, but wouldn't play my first game until a year or two later. I instead watched videos about it. Eventually, since I had gotten a new PS2 after my old one broke, my dad got me Persona 3 FES and the Original Persona 4 for the PS2. (Unfortunately, I still haven't beat either game yet... I'll get back on that soon tho.)

TMNT - The old Cartoons were basically my childhood.

Sonic - Likewise, watched a handful of his cartoons, and played the Genesis games a bunch.

DBZ - Got a Game Demo once out of boredom, got addicted, bought the real game, rest explains itself.

There's probably a few other verses I could talk about here like RWBY and Fate, but these are the big 5 that most come to mind.
Taste of gods🙏😌

Baki only pushed me a little to chase it again, or I guess reminded me in a way.... To become the strongest on earth

Started reading Torture Princess: Fremd Torturchen months ago. Got introduced to it when I saw it on r/lightnovels. Currently almost finished with volume 4 (69% lol) but might read the series from start since I've forgotten a lot of things and really want to make profiles for the characters.

Back