• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Did You Get Introduced To Your Favorite Verse(s)?

Gods' Games We Play: Saw this on r/lightnovels a while back and thought the title and cover looked cool. At first I didn't buy it since I couldn't at the time but a couple of days ago I saw it again on BookWalker and decided to buy it. I finished Volume 1 and it's really cool.

The Asterisk War: Saw a video on TikTok and was reminded this existed. Decided to check out the LN and it's pretty good.

Saga of Tanya the Evil: Remember watching a top 10 isekai youtube video and this series was on it. I have watched all of the anime but I've decided to read the LN as well.

Some of these are gonna be much longer than others just on the basis that most don't have interesting stories
Numbered in no particular order

1.Made in Abyss - My favorite piece of media period. This one I got into about 3 years ago and have been a major fan ever since. At the time nothing ever seemed to captivate me or even make me feel anything towards any character anymore. I felt sad all the time because nothing seemed to captivate me like when I was younger reading every manga under the sun. That was until I found this show. I'm pretty sure I found it from some top 10 list about anime or sum shit because I had just finished Naruto at the time and was looking for something to take it's place. I stumbled upon it and saw it was short and decided to watch a few episodes to see if I liked it. To this day I cannot recall a single instance that captivated me more than the first few episodes of Made in Abyss and I'm pretty sure there never will be. The music was amazing, the world was dark and mysterious and the characters were so adorable that they made me care for characters again. I watched the whole season in one night because the thought of not finishing it immediately felt like suicide. After that I read the manga in order to gain more insight on the world and it's characters and the rest is history. What really sucks tho is the author is 100% a pedo and it's very apparent if you read the manga. Sucks because that makes it to where I can't recommend it to anyone without seeming weird.

2. Dark Souls - Also around the time I got into Made in Abyss I also got into Dark Souls. Dark Souls is basically Made in Abyss for me but in videogame form. Only a few games have captivated me as much as my first playthrough of Dark Souls and it's crazy architecture, enemies and level design. After that I immediately played through the whole series which only further cemented it as my favorite game series of all time. Gael to this day is my favorite final boss of all time

3. Hunter X Hunter - This one is weird because I read through it once when I was 14 and enjoyed it but it wasn't anything lifechanging to me. I ended up quitting before finishing the manga up to that point because the succession war arc was boring as shit. That was until a few years later when I discovered it had an anime. I became hooked and watched all 148 episodes within a month. For some reason I loved all the characters and villains far more in anime form. Nen is by far my favorite powersystem of all time to the degree I daydream about having Nen powers. I just wish Togashi would commit himself to finishing the series and escalate the powerscales to normal shonen levels (For some reason this is a very unpopular opinion among HxH fans)

4. Marvel - I grew up watching the shitty 2003 Hulk movie which cemented the Hulk as my favorite superhero. After learning where the Hulk was from I developed an interest in Marvel. Luckily it was right at that time that the MCU started and Iron Man had just came out. I watched Iron Man and my interest in Marvel only grew. I watched every single Marvel movie that came out since then up until Endgame. After watching all them Marvel became cemented as one of my favorite Universes.

5. Minecraft - I do like this series but I don't actually play it anymore. The only reason I bring it up is because of how I got introduced to it. Little 11 yo me had just gotten a phone and the first app I got was Youtube which introduced me to the internet (Horrible decision). I was watching videos one day when this video came into my feed. I promptly watched it and wanted to find more of the Creeper Girl (For obvious reasons) leading to a google search which led to me discovering the game it was from, Minecraft.
I eventually played the game on a friends laptop and developed a passing interest in it.

I got a few more that i'll probably post later.

Also are universes not from this site allowed?

Tower of God: Saw in the comment sections of other webtoons that it was good repeatedly, so I was intrigued.

Jungle Juice: I was scrolling and thought the name "Jungle Juice" was interesting, clicked on Chapter 10- had no idea what was going on but it ended with someone pulling out a ******* chainsaw so I was sold.

Spy × Family: Dismissed the explosion of Yor-related stuff as standard seasonal anime waifu whatever, but seeing the chaotic pink gremlin with funny faces made me cave into hype and read the manga.

Last edited:
Kirby: Literally one of the first games I ever played because I had it on my Gameboy ( Kirby's Dreamland )
Sonic: Same way I found Kirby but I played the 2nd game on a Genesis
One Piece: To keep it short I played this tribute game named Super Smash Flash 2 based off of Smash Bros and there was a character named Luffy. This character intrigued me and I was told that he was from One Piece and I watched it with my cousins, eventually I switched to reading the Manga during the Wano arc.
Berserk: Friend told me to read it.

JoJo
2019 I was a "Jojo is gay" troll, a bunch of shit happened idk what or how but now it's my favorite Manga series.

Jujutsu Kaisen
I watched the Anime half heartedly in 2021, but then I heard the Anime is just the tip of it, what mostly motivated me to read it was the Gojo v Kakashi debates all-over the Anime communities in my country and from there I got hooked and it comes in 2nd after Jojo for me

Sonic
I accidentally came across the Sonic X anime in 2009 and it practically made me start anime as a whole, + he was fast so it kinda caught my attention, so I always drew him on paper and basically the reason I'm an artist currently

I just decided to Tensei slime back in 2020 because I had finished watching almost every popular show .Since then it's my favourite verse ,Diablo is the one who got me hooked into it .
The verse has lots of flaws and things I hate ...But still is my favourite .

I got introduced to A Song of Ice and Fire at the end of 2020, simply thanks to its television adaptation, Game of Thrones. I really liked the show, and the books became my favorite verse of all fiction,

For WWE, it's thanks to one of my brothers, and I first watched in 2009. And since 2009, I've watched this verse almost every year.

Then there are the Batman Arkham games. My first Batman Arkham was Arkham Origins (on PS3), then my parents bought me Arkham City, and Arkham Knight was my first PS4 game, and I got Batman Return to Arkham to play Arkham City on PS4 again and to try for the first time at Arkham Asylum. I have replayed Arkham Knight and City several times since.

Then there are the Batman Arkham games. My first Batman Arkham was Arkham Origins (on PS3), then my parents bought me Arkham City, and Arkham Knight was my first PS4 game, and I got Batman Return to Arkham to play Arkham City on PS4 again and to try for the first time at Arkham Asylum. I have replayed Arkham Knight and City several times since.
Maybe a slight derailing of the thread(?), but I love that series, man. Goated games tbh.

How old are you?
3324_petercry.png

Anyways, I got introduced to Soul Calibur as a little jit. I think it was one of the games my mom bought me. I remember playing the shit out of the second game on the GameCube with my brother.

Years upon years later, I just got a sudden wave of nostalgia, and I'm now suddenly interested in the verse again. Even made a discussion thread on the game (I wish the verse will get revised, though).

NGL I've never seen any media about Glitch Techs but I do remember some major controversy. Wtf was that about?
It got talked about a lot because Nick fumbled the bag on the show and decided to not release Season 3, despite the overwhelming well-received reviews the show was getting.

At least, that's what I think the controversy is about.

Glitch Techs: Many people said it was an amazing but underrated show that deserved Season 3 (which has storyboards ready, btw). I decided to take a look at the show, and I couldn't agree more. A shame that production got stalled
Just found this tweet from the co-creator of the series, and it's actually fairly recent. It gave me a huge surge of hope and impatience

Last edited:
Just found this tweet from the co-creator of the series, and it's actually fairly recent. It gave me a huge surge of hope and impatience

Rare a day is it that I see a Creator who doesn't bend over for studio's interests and inserted politics and agendas

Haven't watched the series but this guy already seems like a chad

Last edited:
Back