• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Did You Get Introduced To Your Favorite Verse(s)?

I got into Touhou around Fall of 2020 because I was friends with someone else who used to be into it and I asked them to explain it to me since I was interested. I was aware of the series and listened to some of the music but I never knew anything about it. Started by playing EoSD and PCB before reading Forbidden Scrollery and Wild and Horned Hermit. From there I was interested enough that I just... kept digging and never looked back. I consumed so much canon and fanon content over the course of a single month that I honestly forget the exact order I went in aside from the very start, but music circles like Akatsuki Records and doujin artists like Shinoasa were some of my early favorites (and still are, tbh).

As for my appreciation for the series... I mean, the amount of effort I've put into Touhou on this site should be an indication of that already (which reminds me that my first CRT was almost a year ago...). Touhou's probably one of the only series I've actually felt like I'll never move on from or get bored of, most of my other interests usually die down after a year or two, but Touhou is just... still occupying my mind 24/7. There's a lot of other stuff but that's getting into the territory of sharing personal information so I'll stop here, but it's ******* insane to think about how much about me has changed in under 2 years because of a single fictional series.

As an aside, I now know more about Touhou than the friend who originally introduced me 🗿

For the vast majority of the verses I like... AMVs and fan-cover videos- can't forget about funny moments compilations.

Hm... There are also a lot of verses that I decided to just look into and enjoy, one specific verse that I sought out is the Fate/Verse, by deciding that the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel looks pretty cool - I consumed and enjoyed it, then I sought to play Fate/HA, then other Type Moon works like Tsukihime, Fate/Extra, Knk, Fate/Zero, and so and so.

I got into Touhou around Fall of 2020 because I was friends with someone else who used to be into it and I asked them to explain it to me since I was interested. I was aware of the series and listened to some of the music but I never knew anything about it. Started by playing EoSD and PCB before reading Forbidden Scrollery and Wild and Horned Hermit. From there I was interested enough that I just... kept digging and never looked back. I consumed so much canon and fanon content over the course of a single month that I honestly forget the exact order I went in aside from the very start, but music circles like Akatsuki Records and doujin artists like Shinoasa were some of my early favorites (and still are, tbh).

As for my appreciation for the series... I mean, the amount of effort I've put into Touhou on this site should be an indication of that already (which reminds me that my first CRT was almost a year ago...). Touhou's probably one of the only series I've actually felt like I'll never move on from or get bored of, most of my other interests usually die down after a year or two, but Touhou is just... still occupying my mind 24/7. There's a lot of other stuff but that's getting into the territory of sharing personal information so I'll stop here, but it's ******* insane to think about how much about me has changed in under 2 years because of a single fictional series.

As an aside, I now know more about Touhou than the friend who originally introduced me 🗿
That is based, Fuji.

I got introduced to The Boxer right at it's conceptualization on LINE WEBTOON, when only 3 episodes had been released for it. The headliner for it was quite intriguing so I checked it out and honestly after that I can't remember ever missing any of its weekly releases, all the way up until the end of the series. It's a masterpiece that basically occupies my mind 24/7 and I get constant inspiration from the themes and characters it portrays, and honestly, no other Korean released series will hold as dear a place in my heart as The Boxer does, and in all honesty I think it's one of the best released stories about boxing to have ever been told, but you didn't hear that from me.

I basically made every single profile in the verse what they are and made it as skilled and OP as it is, made the verse page, argue in all the matches, make all the "Yu solos your favorite verse" jokes, etc. I'm probably the ultimate The Boxer meatrider on this site and probably will be forever.

I honestly don't remember how I got into most of the verses I like. Most of them I just come across a YouTube video and then becoming super entranced by everything about them. Then I proceed to watch tons of videos which end up bloating my recommended. There a few exceptions to this.

I got into MLP while writing one of those crossover fanfics. I had a lot of interests and they ended crossing over until I finally decided to put them into an entire amalgamation of universes. There were a few holes in that universe and one of those I patched, with Pinkie Pie. I originally wrote her there as a joke until I decided to look into the verse's wiki. Now here I am making matches with em and having good enough knowledge to debate using them.

I got into Parahumans because I tried making a match with The Number Man. Seeing how damn OP he is made me interested with what the verse had to offer. It also made me realize how easy it was to downplay them. It's also why at every opportunity I put a Parahumans character in every tourney I can.

I got into Dark Souls and Sekiro because I had recently been playing Bloodborne and it was pretty interesting to see how FromSoftware manage to spin their gameplay and themes while keeping it interesting. Also because their communities are really intertwined.

Another verse that I suck the **** of pretty hard is Solo Leveling.

It most definitely is not a masterpiece in any sense of the word, it has a plethora of flaws, despite this though it has a weird charm to it that I haven't been able to shake off for years, really. I'm working on fixing the verse with @Phoenks as we speak, so newer, better profiles should be expected, starting with Jin-Woo's, and so far he's quite the hefty fighter.

I also like to listen to Solo Leveling AMVs. Pretty sure most people do.

Got introduced to Bleach Naruto and DB when I was in elementary school I also had DB and YuYu on VHS yeah i'm older than some here not that old lol. Anywho I absolutely love Bleach and Dragonball with a burning passion and follow both series intently though I'm mostly a lurker when it comes to them on the wiki

Anything involving games I always had any nintendo, xbox, and Playstation consoles that released growing up and grew up into gaming since my dad, cousins, and uncles were gamers. It was my uncle who introduced me to Metal Gear Solid 4 on playstation 3 and I've been in love with Metal Gear every since. I'm a fan of hundreds if not thousands of other games and am quite well played on both major titles and indies and I enjoy discussing such things with @Armorchompy and @Andytrenom whether it be Legend of Zelda, Splatoon, Souls shit, or stuff people probably haven't heard much of like Haven or Dust I'm there

Room of Swords was one of my first webtoons I've ever read while still being one of the most underrated webtoons I've ever read at the same time so go figure, I got into it around 2018-2019ish and have been a huge fan every since. It doesn't have the same generic artsyles present in lots of other webtoons and is a entirely different level of quality. It has a great artsyle and features plenty of animated scenes and music to add to the cake like it may as well be a motion comic at times.

Mashle - Was interested in it when I saw a video calling it the "Next OPM". I liked the design of the MC, and I have now been reading the series since chapter 1, cheers to the anime in 2023

Space Dandy - Simply heard of it from a friend, a pretty Dandy show, why is there only one character on this wiki

Gungrave and Trigun - Heard of Trigun from another friend, was pretty great. And since I watched in on Hulu, I saw Gungrave near it and checked it out, amazing show

SoulsBorne - Heard of it when everyone was talking about how hard DS was, ended up getting addicted and buying DS 1, 2, 3, Sekiro and now Elden Ring

Bleach - Saw it in a library in either Elementary or Middle, was instantly hooked

Metal Gear - Simply Heard of it from a friend and the memes, bought the Essential Collection and it was worth the agonizing pain of my wallet

I got introduced to One-Punch Man when searching the internet for "strong anime characters that have no friends" (I was like 10, chill), and I found Saitama's face. I spent the next probably about month and a half looking for the show Saitama was from. I tried looking up things like "Bald man with yellow clothes and a funny face."

I eventually found it and watched it at least 3 times within the first week and a half.

Aside from The Boxer, which I love the shit out of and read the series pretty early on, I have Legend of the northern blade.

One night, when you are so bored that you have nothing to read, you eventually have to commit a sin, and that is going to Manganato (Manga kakalot) and see what's popping (Not sure why I didn't go to more trusted sites, but I digress). Thankfully, for once in my life, It did not disappoint.

I think the series was around 20-25 chapters at the time (It has over 150 now, fyi), and I kept reading every single chapter, and kept being heartbroken at the time when a chapter gets delayed another week and shiz.

I loved the **** out of the manhwa, to the point that I actually decided to make the profile for Jin, Dam, and Tae Mu-Kang, all with their respective calcs, and then eventually went to the novels (Which was like, 10 chapters released at the time, it's 93 now, and the updates are utter ass), and made profiles for those too.

There is like one other series (A game) that I'd like to mention, but I'd probably get hanged because it's not exactly SFW, but man the story and plot twist just blew me out of the water.

Last edited:
Cartoons like Danny Phantom, American Dragon Jake Long, My Teenage Robot Life and so on were on TV when I was introduced to them. I was introduced to games like Dark Cloud, BattleTanx, Banjo & Kazooie and so on by family members who originally had them and allowed me to play them, and Mr Bambu actually introduced me to Okage Shadow King. My cousin introduced me to series like W.I.T.C.H. and Winx Club (The former has quickly become one of my all time favorie series, but I've yet to get into later).

Well, time for me to meat ride.

Johnny Test: I believe I got into the show sometime during 5th or 6th grade. I remember watching it when I was very little (like 5 or 6 years old), but I had no idea what was going on lol. But anyways, I have good memories watching this show. Seeing all the hate it got back then is a bit saddening, because I think the show is hella underappreciated. Of course, the show took a turn for the worse during Seasons 5 and 6, but the first 4 Seasons of Johnny Test are unironically one of my favorite shows to watch. The Netflix Revival is also really solid, too, and I'm really hoping that Netlfix gives the show a 3rd Seasons, as it is one of the most popular kid shows on the platform (I'm not joking, too). I'm basically the sole reason why Johnny Test became a somewhat relevant verse, despite being the only supporter of the verse. Like, people started spamming Johnny Test matchups throughout October-December of last year, and I was really proud of that. I have somewhat abandoned the verse, as so far, there hasn't been any news about the revival, but I haven't abandoned my love for the show.

Professional Wrestling: I think I first watched WWE back in like 2011 or 2012. Since then, I've been hooked to the verse. There have been so many incredible stories that were told in and outside of the ring, and I truly believe that at its best, Pro Wrestling is one of the most entertaining things you can watch. Me, along with many, many others, fought tooth and nail for Pro Wrestling to become a verse. Look where it is now. The supporters of the verse have clearly shown that they're passionate about the verse (maybe a bit too passionate sometimes). We have made tons of threads about the verse (for better or for worse). This is most likely the verse I will never lose interest in anytime soon. The fact that the WWE is still going strong for decades really shows a lot. There are only few, if any TV shows imo that will have the legacy WWE will have if it ever goes out of production, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Well the way on how did i get introduced to my fave verses are varied:
  • Things like Ultraman and Kamen Rider were introduced to me in my childhood and that were the first step to me into Japanese culture, back at that time i'm an Ultraman addict until i hit junioe highschool and became balanced with Kamen Rider thanks for my high interest on it alongside my close friend who are the big fan of Kamen Rider
  • Touhou is where i became the full pledged weeb and i discovered it in internet in accident, stumbled upon it around my early days/year in junior highschool and it's not only Touhou but Kantai Collection as well, however Touhou has the most impact for me
  • Introduced to One Piece when the anime still aired back then when i was still a child, re-introduced again in junior highschool since majority of the students there are anime fans, and my close friend that i mentioned earlier are also a big fan of One Piece, funny enough i was not interested on it because i viewed One Piece as "vulgar" due of the females 😂
  • Vocaloid has the most impact for me as well, introduced to Hatsune Miku from a book that say a lot about Japanese culture and since then i was curious about Vocaloid and asked my close friend to found the songs of her and voila! And i discovered so many others Vocaloids since then (internet back then was still growing), it became such an impact to the point i've addicted to Vocaloid fanfict (good and bad, thankfully good most of the time), got introducted to yuri (thank you, that picture of Miku and Luka kissed), made me created my OC based from Vocaloid, etc. However i'm not hooked to that dark/emo/twisted Vocaloid songs because back then i'm a scared man, until these years where i re-became a Vocaloid fans once more and for good (so yeah, in Vovaloid community i can be called....boomer who aren't updated to everything)
  • Fate...now this is something, first when i got introduced by it because the local thread (kaskus) and blog about "strongest anime chars list" and goodness, Gilgamesh being included so much on that kind of stuff made me sick back then, my mind was "why this guy is so overstimated, Goku or Gurren Lagann can snap this guy like a fiddle (back then i'm a fool who think Goku is the strongest anime chars in japanese fiction or even in general fiction) and he just a asshole throwing random bullshit". It was in the beginning oy year 3 of my junior highshool when i got introduced by it and that time my interest to historical/legend/myth are growing and from that point i'm surprised that Gil is an mythical character, oh and that time Fate/Stay Night UBW was an hot topic back then. Got introducef to that anime thanks from the video about "best anime fight" and it included Gil vs Shirou (and funny enough when Gil got his arm dismembered, i was like "haha, serve you right!"), and of course my curiousity kick in and.....i'm hooked. That point i also watched Fate/Zero and even 2006 version of FSN (i'm in senior highschool when i watched FSN 2006), and even readed the discussion about othet Fate works like Prototype and Apocrypha, and by that point my interest to vs debate and history/legend/myth are in high level so you can say that i joined vsbw thanks for Fate....alongside witnessed Esdeath not-good-very-bad-oh-my-lord-pathetic lose streak. Oh and in senior highschool i also joined FGO and...vice versa as you witnessed from me

Actually, correction on Vocaloid part, i'm interested to dark/emo/twisted Vocaloid songs when i'm in senior highschool (Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu no Mukuro and most of Machigareta-P work), but not to the very heavy/extreme one (Kikuo work for example)

Kingdom Hearts: I was on my early days around 2018 browsing this site's original forum, I used to browse around threads involving Mario characters, then I ended up finding KH in that way out of certain vs threads, from there I ended up getting recommended this on YouTube, which caused me to jump in, and the series ended up providing a combination practically perfect to me of wackiness, seriousness and crossovers, and the gameplay was the cherry on top (for the most part, lmao, **** BbS and UX) as my favorite games provide a ton of mobility (for instance, this is why I usually dislike regular fighting games), which the series usually isn't lacking at all.

Kingdom Hearts: I was on my early days around 2018 browsing this site's original forum, I used to browse around threads involving Mario characters, then I ended up finding KH in that way out of certain vs threads, from there I ended up getting recommended this on YouTube, which caused me to jump in, and the series ended up providing a combination practically perfect to me of wackiness, seriousness and crossovers, and the gameplay was the cherry on top (for the most part, lmao, **** BbS and UX) as my favorite games provide a ton of mobility (for instance, this is why I usually dislike regular fighting games), which the series usually isn't lacking at all.
Idk why I didn't mention kingdom hearts ***** peak

Got introduced to Bleach Naruto and DB when I was in elementary school I also had DB and YuYu on VHS yeah i'm older than some here not that old lol. Anywho I absolutely love Bleach and Dragonball with a burning passion and follow both series intently though I'm mostly a lurker when it comes to them on the wiki

Anything involving games I always had any nintendo, xbox, and Playstation consoles that released growing up and grew up into gaming since my dad, cousins, and uncles were gamers. It was my uncle who introduced me to Metal Gear Solid 4 on playstation 3 and I've been in love with Metal Gear every since. I'm a fan of hundreds if not thousands of other games and am quite well played on both major titles and indies and I enjoy discussing such things with @Armorchompy and @Andytrenom whether it be Legend of Zelda, Splatoon, Souls shit, or stuff people probably haven't heard much of like Haven or Dust I'm there

Room of Swords was one of my first webtoons I've ever read while still being one of the most underrated webtoons I've ever read at the same time so go figure, I got into it around 2018-2019ish and have been a huge fan every since. It doesn't have the same generic artsyles present in lots of other webtoons and is a entirely different level of quality. It has a great artsyle and features plenty of animated scenes and music to add to the cake like it may as well be a motion comic at times.
Extending this with two things I didn't include

Final Fantasy us one of my all time ganing franchises along with Kingdom Hearts and both I hadn't included into my original post.

I was introduced to Final Fantasy 7 first from anything else in the series so now those of you who are old enough to remember this gem of a game know where I'm coming from with this

I vividly remember the final Fantasy X battle music from the game as they were the obvious influence aside from dragon ball and that set in motion my interest into final fantasy 7 which I actually had the advent children movie something as a child I loved dearly and held onto to this day and that carried me over aside from old youtube playthroughs of the original 7 game that is until I began to play the series for myself

Kingdom hearts I was also introduced to in elementary school I had dream drop distance and birth by sleep and my friends had a Kingdom hearts manga they'd bring to school and we'd talk in length about it

That said I also completely didn't mention sonic who I can say had a godly impact on my childhood same as all of these with me being a avid lifetime fan of the series. Rn I'm actually rewatching sonic X in japanese🙏🙏 peak I fear

Extending this with two things I didn't include

Final Fantasy us one of my all time ganing franchises along with Kingdom Hearts and both I hadn't included into my original post.

I was introduced to Final Fantasy 7 first from anything else in the series so now those of you who are old enough to remember this gem of a game know where I'm coming from with this

I vividly remember the final Fantasy X battle music from the game as they were the obvious influence aside from dragon ball and that set in motion my interest into final fantasy 7 which I actually had the advent children movie something as a child I loved dearly and held onto to this day and that carried me over aside from old youtube playthroughs of the original 7 game that is until I began to play the series for myself

Kingdom hearts I was also introduced to in elementary school I had dream drop distance and birth by sleep and my friends had a Kingdom hearts manga they'd bring to school and we'd talk in length about it

That said I also completely didn't mention sonic who I can say had a godly impact on my childhood same as all of these with me being a avid lifetime fan of the series. Rn I'm actually rewatching sonic X in japanese🙏🙏 peak I fear

I remember playing those lol

I was randomly browsing through manga on some random pirate site a few years back. I was searching through the fighting manga tag, wanting to find something interesting to read. One of the mangas that popped up was called "Kengan Ashura"

I remembered hearing some people on some small-scale anime communities mention the manga once or twice, so I decided to click on it.

That's...pretty much it. I binged read the series, then reread it several times, and it's now one of my favorite verses in general.

Back