• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hollow Knight/ The Knight Potential Massive Buff

I've missed this for a while so it'll probably be the last revision I do before the forum move, but what specifically is even giving tiers from the dreams here? The word "eternal" usually is referring to timeframes more than size, and with bugs being bugs all the structures and stuff are going to be smaller. Also, why is dreaming being taken as a feat here> Has anyone shown that this sort of creation is applicable to their power inside?

The radiance has control over most dreams, stated in game, who got trapped by the king. As well, godseek creating their realm and the bosses inside. This scaling to the knight who fights the radiance, absolute radiance, seemingly kills the godseek, flooded and possibly destroyed the Godseek realm, and there's a statement as well the game backing up that he feels the damage from inside the dream to his physical body. The example being, the delicate flower, something that only breaks if you take damage, will break if you take damage, even if in a dream. Further backing up damage taken in a dream is transferred to his body.

Eternal part on its own doesn't stand, but The seer refers to a dream being endless as well. The dream also showing it holds objects as large as entire castles, and still having more to them. The argument they are bugs em is iffy at best considering Endless is still endless regardless of size. They don't show to have an end, and are realms of their own. Another statement brings up bugs all have dreams. Even the dead ones.

And the Godseeks built the realm and creatures for The Knight to fight in the Godseek realm. So a form of them using it in a combat sense, and The Knight also can fight and kill the godseek after killing Absolute radiance who is stronger than regular radiance

creation and control. Like I brought up. The Godseek created the realm they are in, and create from the looks the bosses that The Knight fights in the Godseek.

The Knight himself is not the greatest example of this sort of damage transfer thing, because he just invades peoples dreams himself with the Dream Nail. Not really sleeping. This still wouldn't really be AP anyways, just mind manip. Even if you damage people through their dreams that's just the freddy kreuger thing.

"Endless sleep" is also a rather common phrase regarding time and not dreams being large or whatever. All bugs having dreams doesn't do anything for the feat

Yeah I'm not really seeing this as any sort of AP feat

Wokistan said:
The Knight himself is not the greatest example of this sort of damage transfer thing, because he just invades peoples dreams himself with the Dream Nail. Not really sleeping. This still wouldn't really be AP anyways, just mind manip. Even if you damage people through their dreams that's just the freddy kreuger thing.

"Endless sleep" is also a rather common phrase regarding time and not dreams being large or whatever. All bugs having dreams doesn't do anything for the feat

Yeah I'm not really seeing this as any sort of AP feat
But don't the dreams affect the real world making them sort of tangible? and there's some characters that dreams are accepted as feats.

• Every iteration Madotsuki (This might change since there is a Content Revision thread on her.)
  • Mario Bros treats dream worlds as actual realms, I'm guessing this is why the Zeekeeper and Antasma are 2-B.
These are the only things the come into mind.

Like I brought up. There is a statement in game that mentioned the connection of dream effect and real life effect

And the tiering comes from the control over the dream realm, and creation of the Godseek realm.

Endless can also refer to a timeframe and in the context of other statements related to time, I'd say it's likely time not space. Plus, the majority of dreams the knight visits are clearly not infinate or are likely connected.

You can't claim if they clear are infinite or not as there is no way to know how big it is from looking alone as even in the first time he enters the dream realm. We see things in the background. Other platforms and areas to go that you can't since not important to the game. Simply GM there.

If they are connected and it's only one realm all together rather than one per bug. The point of it regardless is the power of it. Radiance control the realm. As well, Godseek creating a realm and many bosses and structures around the area. Which by the end of the game. The knight crosses from the dream realm to the real one, and seemingly kills the Godseek. Also why the power would be applicable in different keys

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
You're gonna try and tell me the singular room that is the fangirl's dream is endlessly large?
Yea I agree with you on that part, bretta's dream seems to just be a room, Even if we don't know how large the dream is outside of it, or even if there's anything outside of it. Almost all other dreams that appear in the game are just realms, that are not just a room like bretta's dream.

We don't know what's outside the room in her dream. There is clearly able to exist buildings and other things. Proven with freeman bug boss fights where you go into actually rooms. Or say. The literal Castle that exists as well. Even though your inside the building, outside exists too, several, and I do mean several, other dreams showcase that

She also is a pretty bad example, she is a weird case cause you don't actually enter her dream or Zotes dream. You don't dream nail her or sore, you dream nail a statue of Zote.

I am still not seeing anything that can concretely proofs for the Tier 2; though, I think it would be a good idea if someone asks Ultima on the Tier 2 rating.

"She is described as being a light brighter than Essence, which is the substance that dreams are made of. She seems to hold the most power over the dream realm"

That doesn't mean Radiance holds power over the majority of the dream realm, as you seem to interpret it, it's just saying that she has more power over it than anyone else, which is a pretty vague statement to scale anyone from, unless you have someone else's feats for her to compare to.

"It contains the eternal dreams and memories of bugs"

"Eternal" seems to be used in the sense of "everlasting" here. As in, the dreams of bugs will last forever. It isn't saying they're spatially infinite.

"Seer: "A dream is endless, but a Kingdom is not.""

Thus, dreams both being called Eternal and Endless.

What's even the context of this statement, though? Either way, it still seems to be talking about how dreams last forever, nothing indicating their size is infinite.

So, yeah. I don't see no 2-B here.

That doesn't cover everything. There's still the actual statement of creating the realm. Which still holds a much larger power than their current level

useless to bump it, this is all getting lost when threads get erased and this isn't gonna get resolved soon

Back