• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Hollow Knight CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasp you forgot the limited resistance to SOUL (soul and life force) everyone who takes hits from the knight gets due to them absorbing SOUL from the target and remaining seemingly unaffected.

I work at Team Cherry actually they told me that the Lord of Shades is gonna be defeated by a guy noticing it and spraying it with Raid at the end of Silksong

Also, the fact that wasp has done all of this while I am still in the midst of my void crt stuff is something else.

I just noticed the limited intangibility for shades, wasp what, the knight already has NPI on dream folk and is the only thing that properly interacts with the shades.
Why do they have limited intangibility then wasp, why?

I still feel they are somewhat physical, just because it is made of void doesn't mean its fully intangible, especially when void is described more like a liquid than anything iirc, with void entities (like the void tendrils and the collector) evidently being physical in some sense also.

Last edited:
I still feel they are somewhat physical, just because it is made of void doesn't mean its fully intangible, especially when void is described more like a liquid than anything iirc, with void entities (like the void tendrils and the collector) evidently being physical in some sense also.
They literally move through walls in-game wasp, also that is still intangibility, liquid entities are still considered to have intangibility.

They literally move through walls in-game wasp, also that is still intangibility, liquid entities are still considered to have intangibility.
They literally move through walls in-game wa- GAME MECHANICS :cool:

In all seriousness though, it wouldn't be too far fetched for a liquid esque entity to move through walls, especially since pretty much all structures in hallownest are worn and have holes in em, and even then, certain spells can also move through walls and whatnot and yet we dont consider em actually dura negating and whatnot, just that they werent really meant to interact with the terrain from a game mechanic standpoint, and I feel the shades should also be treated the same way. This also goes back to the other void entities in that they aren't really shown to be intangible at all, the collector in specific as mentioned above, why would the shades be an exception when they are made of the exact same thing as these other seemingly tangible void creatures?

Do liquid entities count for intangibility? I couldn't find it on the powers page, unless im misreading, but if they do then fair enough on that.

Last edited:
and even then, certain spells can also move through walls and whatnot and yet we dont consider em actually dura negating and whatnot,
you see wasp, I don't agree with that, so this isn't a valid point to me either way.
This also goes back to the other void entities in that they aren't really shown to be intangible at all, the collector in specific as mentioned above, why would the shades be an exception when they are made of the exact same thing as these other seemingly tangible void creatures?
He is genuinely an outlier for multiple things when it comes to void physiology, it would not surprise me that he would be an outlier here too, esp given his resemblance to kingmoulds which I wouldn't exactly use as counter-examples again pure void entities, at worst I would make the argument that given void seems like a fluid, it should have a corresponding solid state, which fits with the more solid look of the collector when compared to every other void being whose appearance is much more fluid and malleable compared to the collecter (See void given form, the shade using its body to form a pseudo nail to attack the knight).

In addition, given how the void appears within the dream realm (in particular the radiance fight where it has very much not just liquid properties and is far more ethereal), please do not say that it is because it is in a mental plane that it is behaving like that because we should both be aware of the fact that the dream realm is as real as, and stuff that is transferred to it, act the same way as they do outside, and to add more fuel to this fire, the whole void particles we see in areas inhabited by void that float about and pop in and out of being, like how much stuff do you want me to bring.
Do liquid entities count for intangibility? I couldn't find it on the powers page, unless im misreading, but if they do then fair enough on that.
Yes wasp, why wouldn't they, water elementals get it, magma elementals get it, etc

Also, I asked and I heard what the knight has, with them dying and the shade coming out, would be type 2 immo
EDIT:
I just noticed you have not put either the resistance to Mind and Bio manip for upscaling from the Soul Sanctum ***** due to being able to achieve a pure focus (which they still should be able to, that part of their physiology would not have gone away), nor the limited resistance to Soul and Life succ on the Hollow Knight, along with putting a likely on the radiances focus stuff too, even though we have it confirmed that higher beings can do that, along with forgetting the limited resistance to Soul and Life succ too
Wasp do you want me to slap you

Last edited:
Doesn't those characters exist in dreamland are also have nonexistent physiology nature type 1 and aspect type 1? Since dream is something unreal

Doesn't those characters exist in dreamland are also have nonexistent physiology nature type 1 and aspect type 1? Since dream is something unreal
No, because
1)they do not lack soul
2)They are not unreal, they are as real as the waking world, both worlds exist in parallel as alternate dimensions, with things being transferred between the two and retaining their physicality (see white palace, lord of shades, etc)

1)they do not lack soul
My bad about this, only Jinn lack a soul
2)They are not unreal, they are as real as the waking world, both worlds exist in parallel as alternate dimensions, with things being transferred between the two and retaining their physicality (see white palace, lord of shades, etc)
But don't they have incorporeality on their profile? Even though they exist in parallel dimension but it transferred those pass through into dream shape or thought, etc. Also, there is type 3 NEP, which grants for characters that exist but don't exist

My bad about this, only Jinn lack a soul
What, Jinn has a soul. It is void entities that lack SOUL (bar the moulds and those related)
But don't they have incorporeality on their profile? Even though they exist in parallel dimension but it transferred those pass through into dream shape or thought, etc.
Yes, they have incorporeality because they lack a physical form. That has nothing to do with how real they are, however. No, we see from the white palace and lord of shades that things brought over in either direction retain their original constitution (that being physical or being constructed of essence), which makes me realize that HK's shade form and the Knight's dream key should not exist, as it makes 0 sense for it to do so and is even contradicted by the previously mentioned stuff.
Also, there is type 3 NEP, which grants for characters that exist but don't exist
That would be applicable if the dream realm, in some manner was less existent than the waking world, yet that is not the case.

He is genuinely an outlier for multiple things when it comes to void physiology, it would not surprise me that he would be an outlier here too, esp given his resemblance to kingmoulds which I wouldn't exactly use as counter-examples again pure void entities, at worst I would make the argument that given void seems like a fluid, it should have a corresponding solid state, which fits with the more solid look of the collector when compared to every other void being whose appearance is much more fluid and malleable compared to the collecter (See void given form, the shade using its body to form a pseudo nail to attack the knight).

In addition, given how the void appears within the dream realm (in particular the radiance fight where it has very much not just liquid properties and is far more ethereal), please do not say that it is because it is in a mental plane that it is behaving like that because we should both be aware of the fact that the dream realm is as real as, and stuff that is transferred to it, act the same way as they do outside, and to add more fuel to this fire, the whole void particles we see in areas inhabited by void that float about and pop in and out of being, like how much stuff do you want me to bring.
Alright as I was typing this I found this on the intangibility page lol
Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.
So it does seem elementals can get intangibility, so I concede on this point, but I will stand by the shade only getting this form of it.
Also, I asked and I heard what the knight has, with them dying and the shade coming out, would be type 2 immo
EDIT:
I just noticed you have not put either the resistance to Mind and Bio manip for upscaling from the Soul Sanctum ***** due to being able to achieve a pure focus (which they still should be able to, that part of their physiology would not have gone away), nor the limited resistance to Soul and Life succ on the Hollow Knight, along with putting a likely on the radiances focus stuff too, even though we have it confirmed that higher beings can do that, along with forgetting the limited resistance to Soul and Life succ too
snore mi mi mi mi 🛌 (will handle later, dont really need a CRT to add already accepted things)

Neutral on the immo type 2 part

Last edited:
edgy

but yea I think I have enough agrees to add this, so gonna do so, will comment on deons crt later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back