• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hit's Time Skip isn't actually freezing time. (Theory/Speculation)

I feel like we misunderstood what Hit's ability is. Vados explains it in this video: https://youtu.be/QqISFkM6C6k?t=1m3s

From what she said I feel like I've broken it down and understood what Hit's ability really is. Its actually Time Travel, rather than Time Freezing. Basically, Hit Travels 2 seconds (I believe is his current maximum) into the future, where time is FROZEN, and interacts in that future as he wishes. In the present time however, nothing appears to have changed and it appears as if Hit is just standing there. When 2 seconds passes in the future and reaches the time Hit traveled to, all the actions that occurred in the future Hit interacted with will occur. That's why Goku was able to predict where Hits attacks would come from and how Jiren managed to counter Hit's time skip even though Hit was on another plane. It seems to make alot more sense canonically instead of just countering Time-Stop, an ability that can't really be countered without some level of Acasuality.

SSBK Goku vs Hit Full Fight Tournament of Destroyers English Sub
SSBK Goku vs Hit Full Fight Tournament of Destroyers English Sub

Goku counters Hit's time skip by predicting what Hit is doing 0.5 seconds ahead of time.
Jiren VS Hit PART 1 3
Jiren VS Hit PART 1 3

Jiren manages to "Counter" Hit's time skip, even though it looks like Hit is just standing there...

Jiren sees through Hit's time skip by predicting his next move instantly, even though it appears Hit is just standing there.

Anyone else agree that Hit's ability is time TRAVEL instead of Time-Freezing?

His new time limit is unknown but it's much higher that 2 seconds. My thoughts on the Time Travel... I'm not sure.

That is using too much headcanon. We have statements and proof that Hit stops time. And that is exactly how we should interpret it.

"Time-Stop, an ability that can't really be countered without some level of Acasuality."

And yet many other characters who are not acausal have countered/resisted time stop and time manipulation.

Also, what Vados explained in that video, is another application of Hit's toki-tobashi which is a completely different application than the one he was using against Goku in the U6 tournament. Toki-tobashi has several different applications.

Uh

" Basically, Hit Travels 2 seconds (I believe is his current maximum) into the future, where time is FROZEN"

So time travel + time stop you mean?

Hit calls what he's doing as Time Stop, even other characters call it time stop.

Heck the Pride Troppers even call it time stop.

Vados's explanation was because he was using another techinque of his Time-Skip.

Basically Hit has a ability called Time-Skip, he can use multiple abilities with it.

He can time skip (Going into the future), time stop (Freezing Time), or go into his own pocket dimension where all the time he skips is stored into.

He literally froze Jiren in time and did it to Goku during the Universe 6 Tournament to escape his Kamehameha.

Its more like Hit's Time Skip involves Time Traveling by temporarily moving forward into the future for a certain amount of seconds (Time Forward by itself =/= Time Skip silly) + Time Stop + rewinding yourself back to the present (Time Rewind).

Poinciana1971 said:
This right here shows he can stop time.
https://youtu.be/6dKU_BoS12Q?t=52
1:22

Muda da. Ore to omae ga inai jikan wa tome teru

Lit: useless. Me and you is not time stopped.

Trans: It's useless. Time has stopped for everyone but me and you.

Well s***, either Toei got confused as to how Hit's ability works or that just flat out puts a hole in my theory. Now Hit's ability is 20x more lamer. Oh well.

I think a good way to look at is like a time stop spell in a video game. Hit doesn't freeze the entire flow of time across all space, rather he has a set area in which whatever he designates is frozen in time. So if Hit is on a planet and only wants to freeze a building of people, time will tick outside the area of effect like normal. Hit is "skipping" time in the sense that while his targets are frozen in time, he can move freely. Time is still passing but they don't feel that time pass.

Watch DBS Episode 71. Hit can infact time-skip for over 2 seconds. He had an entire conversation with the guy he assassinated. The ability is actually cross dimensional travel. He travels through a pocket dimension compared to which our time is frozen. He can also take anyone to his dimension immobilizing them upon his will. Jiren broke his dimension in the fight

I think Hit's Time-Skip is kinda like Tracer's Blink from Overwatch. He's instantly accelerating his personal time forward. When Hit performs an action, he can, in a sense, skip moments of that action as it's being performed.

It's also clear that Hit has more general time manipulation abilities that extend beyond just Time-Skip. We saw that he can trap someone in a cage of time, and that he can create pocket dimensions, showing he can do more than just skip time with his time manipulation. I think he can indeed freeze time as well, as he did against that crime boss. But I think that's a separate technique from Time-Skip. Time-Skip is not him freezing time, but it doesn't mean Hit can't freeze time.

This explains why people can predict where Hit will be when he skips time. Likewise, in Overwatch, characters like Doomfist was able to predict where Tracer would be when she was constantly using Blink despite Doomfist not having any precognition or acausality. He simply predicted her based on intuition, fighting sense, and reaction.

Back