• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Doubles: The Lord Ruler and Han Jee-Han vs. Monkey D. Luffy and Dr. Clef

Here's how I see it:

The range is very long, and metal attacks won't do much since Luffy can reflect, so Lord Ruler will need some time to get close.

Han is basically a glass cannon, and due to the range, Clef is likely to lead with storms and whatnot from 776-ARC. It's extremely likely he gets hit by the AoE from at least one thing, since I doubt Han could completely block earthquakes and thunderstorms raining down upon him at the same time.

So, now it comes down to; Can Clef and Luffy beat The Lord Ruler?

I think the existence of Clef here may actually screw them over.

He has 1-B resistances to things and by SBA has telekill. This means TLR can't affect him directly. Now, TLR is aware of stuff like copper clouds that can block alllomancy, but he can ordinarily ignore that with ease because he's just that powerful. To sense that he will not be be able to directly affect this being no matter what would definitely throw him off, and probably make him consider actually trying in a fight for once. At the very least, TLR's gonna start scaling his stats up to infinity, I would think. (Take a while to get there but you know the deal. More that he has no cap because feedback loop)

Wait, if TLR can scale past High 8-C, then the 776 should be allowed, yea?

TLR can't hurt him, but the question is, will Han be constantly blocking things for TLR?

Say, Woki, how would TLR fight with a teammate/at such an incredibly long range? Will probably be important.

Even regular terrismen like Sazed can amp their speed to blitzworthy degrees with enough stored, and amp their AP to stompworthy levels. TLR is the best feruchemist ever, combined with being a savant and compounder in every single metal. Ordinarily the only thing really holding him back is his extreme arrogance because he's unaware that anyone as strong as him exists. If he's willing to actually fight, then he probably wins.

Luffy is just done. He's got a lot of options here ranging from emotional allomancy to just tearing him apart with metal manip that's basically just TK, abuse amps and time bubbles to blitz him and beat him to death/drain him, and all this under the precog that is always going bloodlusted or not because he needs to constantly burn atium to live.

Clef is tricker. TLR can't directly affect him, but he can throw metal at him really hard and use his stat amps and shit. His Regen should stave off the cancer gun for long enough to land a decisive blow, I would think.

This match seems to hinge more on how we think TLR would react to Clef's presence and if he would get serious in time. I think he would, so am voting for him and Han.

I mean, to be fair, Han also has regen as well.

And he should be plenty able to handle danmaku of that level between a mana barrier he can constantly regenerate, and Gnome whom he can use to stop the earthquakes in his immediate area. Also, iirc, he should have lightning attacks in this form as well. Meaning he can blitz with his attacks. Not that lightning would affect Luffy, but he could certainly fill Luffy with holes using his typical spinning mana arrows.

I'm also unsure how Han is a glass cannon here. His dura scales to his AP, and he can amp both. As well as his speed.

Clef's weather production is ED and can't really be used to directly harm opponents.

I don't see Clef or Luffy getting past TLR's regen or not getting bodied by pewter compounding + flaring + duralumin boosts.

Actually, Han can buff TLR as well. Thinking on it now, he'll likely just be supporting his teammate from the back. Buffing him, and supplying him with endless infinite spinning mana arrows. Han can also use Gnomre to warp the earth around Clef and Luffy, throwing off their coordination.

TLR shouldn't have infinite gold and the cancer gun is gonna make him actually have to burn gold, but yeah voting TLR and han for my reasons.

Nobody even argued for team 2 yet but if the next one doesn't involve thr winner here go ahead I guess.

I mean unless Weekly or Pixel ruin my day then i dont think anyones gonna argue against them

Clef's ****** here. Two ranged enemies of great power...

Back