• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Naruto Uzumaki (Part II: Pre-War Arc) vs. Monkey D. Luffy (Pre-Timeskip)
  • Battle location: Thriller Bark
  • Both in-character
  • Speed is equalized
  • Kazekage Rescue Mission to Tenchi Bridge Reconnaissance Mission Naruto and Enies Lobby Luffy are used.
  • Naruto and Luffy have access to all of their transformations.
Naruto:

Luffy:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Naruto's AP: 53.15 megatons in base, 100 megatons with KN0, 139 megatons with KN1, higher with KN3, 1.39 gigatons with KN4

Naruto's LS: Class M

Luffy's AP: Higher than 108.57 megatons in base, 217.14 megatons with Gear 2, 434.28 megatons with Gear 3

Luffy's LS: Class T

Voting naruto via outscaling
Luffy attacks him, naruto can counter with clones all the way until KN1.
I don't see luffy immediantly going Gear 3 in character and reagrdless naruto's regeneration can keep him alive from having his organs destroyed and a huge hole through his chest. I see him transforming into KN4 and then 1-2 tapping Luffy, I don't even see luffy going gear 3 until Naruto goes KN4.

Last edited:
good lord there have been ALOT of naruto vs luffy matches
True, but most of those have been repeats of Gear 5 Luffy and New Era Naruto. I've made a few Naruto vs Luffy matches, but tried to use different keys to make things interesting.
Luffy take this, he would finished Naruto before he got his KN1 with gear Second
Luffy doesn't start with Gear 2. Though Luffy does have an AP advantage and more fighting experience, I don't think it would be enough to defeat Naruto when both of them are in their base forms. He would likely force Naruto on the ropes and have him resort to using the KN forms.

Luffy doesn't start with Gear 2. Though Luffy does have an AP advantage and more fighting experience, I don't think it would be enough to defeat Naruto when both of them are in their base forms. He would likely force Naruto on the ropes and have him resort to using the KN forms.
It's true but if his base doesnt work he will go with gear 2 and doesnt give any time for naruto to using his Kn1 before he got knocked out.

Naruto is faster than Haku, where as Luffy is below Kizaru. So the speed difference is high. As for strength, Naruto has far better feats. Most notably hurting Kurama. Who mind you scales way higher than what VS Battles puts him at. But even with the wiki accepted Kurama scale, he wins.

Naruto is faster than Haku, where as Luffy is below Kizaru. So the speed difference is high. As for strength, Naruto has far better feats. Most notably hurting Kurama. Who mind you scales way higher than what VS Battles puts him at. But even with the wiki accepted Kurama scale, he wins.
Yea, that's got nothing to do with the keys for either characters here, and Naruto is not faster than Haku. It's been established that none of the characters could keep up with Haku while he was moving through mirrors.

Yea, that's got nothing to do with the keys for either characters here, and Naruto is not faster than Haku. It's been established that none of the characters could keep up with Haku while he was moving through mirrors.
I wish the reanimation was cannon cause he dead caught haku while he was moving through the mirrors.
Unless you think when he's attacking he's no longer light speed

How so? And yes, Naruto is faster than Haku when he moves through his mirrors. Sasuke could percieve Haku and dodge his attacks even before awakening Sharingan. After which Sasuke outright outsped Haku. Then Naruto dodged Haku the same way. And then base Lee and base Guy outsped Haku again in the war. Even the IHDB novel states FTL speed was achieved vs Haku. Haku has been consistently bested while moving between mirrors.

Not so sure for now, but I'm tending to vote Luffy since Naruto's attack are mostly blunt. I know he can cut when using KN, but his rasengans are not gonna hurt at all. Besides this, his chakra blasts in KN are not that difficulty to avoid even because Luffy already had analytical prediction and enhanced senses at that time. Like, on Naruto vs Pain, the only thing Pain did to avoid Naruto's KN blast was going underground. Plus if the fight takes too long Luffy has the upper hand since he can evolve better than Naruto during the fight. Oh and I think that if Luffy decides to grapple Naruto (using some BJJ), he will be dead done once there's a huge gap between them in Lifting Strength. Man, this matchup is truly fire gotta congrat you @CiscoTheSoto, well, for now I'm just gonna sit down here and wait for more votes so I can decide better.

Not so sure for now, but I'm tending to vote Luffy since Naruto's attack are mostly blunt. I know he can cut when using KN, but his rasengans are not gonna hurt at all. Besides this, his chakra blasts in KN are not that difficulty to avoid even because Luffy already had analytical prediction and enhanced senses at that time. Like, on Naruto vs Pain, the only thing Pain did to avoid Naruto's KN blast was going underground. Plus if the fight takes too long Luffy has the upper hand since he can evolve better than Naruto during the fight. Oh and I think that if Luffy decides to grapple Naruto (using some BJJ), he will be dead done once there's a huge gap between them in Lifting Strength. Man, this matchup is truly fire gotta congrat you @CiscoTheSoto, well, for now I'm just gonna sit down here and wait for more votes so I can decide better.
Blunt attacks can still hurt Luffy, but regardless, Frog Strike attacks the organs directly. Lifting strength is also irrelevant.

Blunt attacks can still hurt Luffy, but regardless, Frog Strike attacks the organs directly. Lifting strength is also irrelevant.
Indeed, but Naruto cannot transpass his blunt/force resistance and this is sure. Also, does Naruto have Frog Strike on this key? I'm pretty much sure this is something only does on Sage Mode. I mean, Frog Strike doesn't under any circumstance here, because Luffy's whole body (including his organs) have rubber proprierties. So even if you strike him right into the face with a punch that can hit organs, Luffy'll be just fine since it won't hurt him at all, but anyways this is not the merit here. I wouldn't say Lifting Strenght is that irrelevant, if Luffy decides to hold Naruto on the groud until he goes out of energy, he can. Their difference in LS is huge to a point where we cannot ignore, Luffy can pretty much ragdoll Naruto here, but this is not the most important aspect from the fight too.

The question is: Can Naruto keep his own against Luffy before being able to use Kurama's chakra?

And if Naruto indeed manages to hold his own and goes to KN4, would he be able to finish Luffy?

I wanted to discuss these ones in specific, so I can vote better.

When Sasuke pierced Naruto the kurama chakra instantly showed up and regenerated him Luffy would have to decapitate Naruto to kill him without giving him a chance to go into kurama chakra, Luffy's attacks are all blunt force hardly would insta kill Naruto and Luffy never actually showed any kind of killer instinct to insta kill anyone so I think its safe to say Luffy wouldnt be able to kill Naruto before he starts using Kurama's power, once Naruto uses it Kurama would just keep increasing his power. Naruto/Kurama's claws that he constantly uses when in tail modes should be able to kill Luffy.
As for his haki he had no control over it, even if we assume his haki would randomly appear during the fight it would just help him dodge once or twice since Naruto would just either keep getting stronger while Luffy wouldnt be able to kill Naruto once he actually started using Kurama's chakra since their tiers get on Naruto's side since even KN0 its already mountain level about the same tier as Luffy even with gears.

So overall i think Naruto wins this.

Prob Naruto

Naruto prob cant Injure Luffy with strikes and kicks, but he still has ninja tools like kunai,shuriken ect

Naruto can amp his speed with the body flicker movement

Naruto has superior crowd control and can overwhelm Luffy with his shadow clones

has the stamina and chakra to keep up with Luffy

Can circumvent the LS difference by avoiding being pinned via substitution jutsu

Also it doesnt really matter if Naruto reaches KN4 by himself or if Luffy beats him up prior to that, if Naruto is rendered near death Kurama will help him just like what happened at the Valley of End.

Also Luffy has no answer to getting poisoned by Naruto's chakra

How so? And yes, Naruto is faster than Haku when he moves through his mirrors. Sasuke could percieve Haku and dodge his attacks even before awakening Sharingan. After which Sasuke outright outsped Haku. Then Naruto dodged Haku the same way. And then base Lee and base Guy outsped Haku again in the war. Even the IHDB novel states FTL speed was achieved vs Haku. Haku has been consistently bested while moving between mirrors.
He is light speed while moving through his mirror
His mirror to mirror movement is light speed
Not him moving to some random shinobi from his mirrors

He is light speed while moving through his mirror
His mirror to mirror movement is light speed
Not him moving to some random shinobi from his mirrors
Do you know how reflections work, my guy? Reflections aren't exclusive to moving from one mirror to another. Haku moves through a reflection. He only needs a single mirror. Or else there'd be no reason for him to waste Chakra and create a single mirror to shoot off from. Multiple mirrors are simply a way for him to spam the technique.

Last edited:
Do you know how reflections work, my guy? Reflections aren't exclusive to moving from one mirror to another. Haku moves through a reflection. He only needs a single mirror. Or else there'd be no reason for him to waste Chakra and create a single mirror to shoot off from. Multiple mirrors are simply a way for him to spam the technique.
First if you have that argument then you should have made a CRT for it.
Second this wiki agreed that it was between mirrors because otherwise it's an outlier, the information given was vague so that was what was agreed here.
Third The mirrors are pretty resistant thats why he would use them he is secure in them

Naruto is faster than Haku, where as Luffy is below Kizaru. So the speed difference is high. As for strength, Naruto has far better feats.
Kizaru is FTL when he isn't in his light form, and Haku is only SoL when he reflects from one mirror to another. Yknow, when he changes his state of being?
Most notably hurting Kurama. Who mind you scales way higher than what VS Battles puts him at. But even with the wiki accepted Kurama scale, he wins.
Let me guess, he was stated to "destroy the world" or something?

Kizaru is FTL when he isn't in his light form, and Haku is only SoL when he reflects from one mirror to another. Yknow, when he changes his state of being?
Kizaru's profile is a mess Kirazu is scaling to post time skip Marco, and despite being the fastest admiral basically everyone is scaling to him.

Do... do the admirals featlessly scale to him?
Indirecly they do, all of them scale to each other Kizaru scales to Marco that scale to akainu that scale to aokiji. Marco pre time skip only has a possible scalling over reacting to Kizaru a scaling that is not part of his profile because Marco doesnt have a pre time skip key. Basically all of them are in a loop of scaling with no feats

Indirecly they do, all of them scale to each other Kizaru scales to Marco that scale to akainu that scale to aokiji. Marco pre time skip only has a possible scalling over reacting to Kizaru a scaling that is not part of his profile because Marco doesnt have a pre time skip key. Basically all of them are in a loop of scaling with no feats
Post-Timeskip Marco isn't proven to be superior to Pre-Timeskip Marco.

Post-Timeskip Marco isn't proven to be superior to Pre-Timeskip Marco.
He showed a control over his flames very different from anything he did before and 2 years have passed and in One Piece apparently in less than a year Crocodile went from fodder to one of the strongest there is in one piece.

Surprised_Enel_meme.jpg
Ya so while he was in prison he went from losing to luffy pre time skip not even gear second to now being comparable to Juzo a yonkou comander. Ya Crocodile is apparently FTL multi continental just like almost everyone in One piece

Ya so while he was in prison he went from losing to luffy pre time skip not even gear second to now being comparable to Juzo a yonkou comander. Ya Crocodile is apparently FTL multi continental just like almost everyone in One piece
That's durability, not AP, Jozu wrecked him.

Back