• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp
Ninth round of the High 8-C Brackets Begins! The last round was a tie; and a tiebreaker placed Po in the next set of rounds.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The contenders for this round are The Beheaded, submitted by Mr. Bambu, and Jason Malone, submitted by Crimson Azoth.

Malone has all his best equipment, Speed is equal to avoid confusion. Battle takes place on this lifeless desert on the plane of Esper, 20m away,

Malone scales to 20 Gigajoules of fragmenting a tank, or 4.78 Tons, The Beheaded scales to 8.76 Tons.

Jason Malone -

The Beheaded - 7 (Bambu, Psycho, Anton, DVD, Litentric, Crimson, Ed)

Incon -

A249acde-0be1-4c54-a6e1-9f7cca0fef5a
DE90CEB6-41B8-49E8-A01C-B836AAF41DA8

AHEM

WALLS OF TEXT INCOMING!

First off let's start with Attack Potency: Beheaded is so far into High 8-C he can fight 8-Bs with relative ease, standing at 8.76 Tons of TNT. Malone scales to a fair amount over 4 tons, meaning less than 2x- an advantage, but not to an immense degree.

Then, abilities. While Malone's aren't bad, very few of them pose a new threat or actual major danger to Beheaded. Explosions are dealt with constantly and any damage dealt to the body is superficial anyways- it doesn't prevent the cells operating the body itself to cease their function. Jason's paralysis inducement flat out won't work since the nerves and anything else that allow Beheaded's body to function are long dead, now propelled solely by the cells controlling him. The same can be said for radiation manipulation- that won't harm Beheaded as a whole and seems to be too slow acting for any meaningful harm. Danmaku is arguably Jason's best ability- but let's talk about how that still isn't going to favor him well.

Putting it simply, despite being an RPG character with "blah blah player choice", Beheaded isn't an idiot. In certain situations it is clearly obvious what path should be chosen. For example, enemies covered or submerged in water? Just freeze them. In this case, the best course of action is to abuse his transmutation- turning inanimate objects (enemy weapons) to gold. With the Greed Shield (which can be held up as you act), anything it touches turns to gold. Enemy arrows are instantly transformed with zero cooldown- any bullets are destroyed in this way. This alongside Beheaded's literal metric fuckton of abilities (ranging from abusing forcefields to magnets that force living and not-living things alike into them and explode) AND the fact that Malone has literally 0 knowledge his abilities just won't work on Beheaded gives me a strong feeling Beheaded takes this with some ease.

It should be noted Beheaded is capable of abusing range or melee if it comes down to it (though I doubt Malone will go melee since he seems to only be High 8-C via some weapons). If attempting to abuse range, magnet grenades and telekinesis can be used to keep enemies away indefinitely, among other strategies, and he has no fear of projectiles (which does include intangible energy and spectral attacks from various enemies across the island in Dead Cells) thanks to A. the various shields and transmutation effects he has and B. the fact that with all equipment, he is resistant to projectiles on his own level of potency, much less something 4x lower than he is.

If forced in melee, Beheaded can heal practically all physical health instantly through items (though these do have limited use), can parry enemy attacks to achieve Attack Reflection, ragdoll everything in the locale via Tornado, or pretty much literally any other item. Beheaded was not built to have tons of abilities on one guy- he was meant to have hundreds to thousands of enemies, all of whom pose a very real threat to him. Being able to abuse all abilities on a single target means he has any number of methods of victory.

btw good arena considering Beheaded's immortality/regen combo, no ded bodies in the saaaands

Aside from what Bambu said, it seems that Malone isn't even High 8-C in durability and instead, his equipment (tank) is. For that, The Beheaded have pretty much the upper hand here.

Men, that tank's durability isn't even Large Building, that is the energy needed to destroy the tank, it should be at least Room level (going by the M1 Abraham's profile).

Oh

So yeah Beheaded can pretty much insta-kill too.

I'll wait for Crimson before moving on to the next round.

Beheaded - 4 (Bambu, Psycho, Anton, DVD)

Seems like Crimson just got back on.

Now we wait.

Crimson quits the wiki and we end up waiting here for eternity

Thanks for waiting, guys!

While Jason is vastly inferior in durability, one shot he is not. The nature of Jason's abilities means that if the tank is destroyed, his Repair Kit pretty much insta-heals it back to full. (He has 14 of those, plus the same number of Armour Kits and Health kits) Besides, in character, he's unlikely to be using the tank, more the Bustard, which has more powerful weapons.

Also, Jason's most powerful weapon, the Los Alamos Nuclear Launcher, can do this: https://youtu.be/oZkFQXYag1Y?t=32. Not sure how powerful that is, but I would hazard a guess that it's a fair bit above 4 tons.

In terms of abilities, there's a couple that Bambu left out of his (extremely comprehensive) analysis. Namely, Jason's Poison/Disease manipulation, which can neg the impressive durability that the Beheaded throws around. And finally, since I know I am forgetting the Beheaded's resurrection/Regenerationn, Jason has faced supernatural foes before, that have straight-up refused to die. What does he do then?

BFR's them right to hell: https://youtu.be/EYXF11mMyvk?t=627

And since the man's favourite tactic is spamming high-explosive artefacts in his foe's general direction, getting the Beheaded weak enough that he can stride up and hand him over to the Devil shouldn't be too difficult.

There's a wall of text on the Beheaded's profile that can make life for my little GTA ripoff pretty hard, but he is far from helpless

Repair kits are great and all, but Beheaded can literally fully and totally destroy it just as fast as he repairs it until he runs out. It takes literally one shot to completely and fully destroy the tank.

Poison relies on blood flow, I did account for it but didn't mention it- it falls in the same category as Paralysis Inducement, it requires an actual living body to do anything. You can't expect to kill Beheaded through poison any more than you'd expect to poison a Big Mac and kill it.

BFR is fair but doesn't seem to be an opening move.

Basically, from what I can tell, Beheaded can one-shot anything he has to infinity and kill Jason himself with a single hit. His own abilities make it very, very unlikely Jason will be able to close distance if it is obviously what he tries to do, and his projectiles are harmlessly transformed into gold.

How can you poison and kill what is effectively a dead body?

my vote was for a literal big mac, eating it breaks down a body at the cellular level

Edit: Headless guy doesn't have a mouth. Guess he can cram it down his throat.

That all implies that the Beheaded will be the one to take the first shot, Jas-

Yeah f**k it. I'm grasping at straws. Big Mac FRA

Azoth, I'm gonna go ahead and edit your vote for you.

Beheaded FRA Big Mac, FRA

If your character can't win, ya gotta at least transmutate the other guy into what likely killed him in the first place.

Yeah, I was never gonna win against Bambu's debating prep time. I legit thought that Jason's BFR might be enough to steal him the win here, but it is much more likely that he gets torn to pieces via being ye olde glass cannon

next time pick the Analander, Dargoo. His hax isn't even that good

Big Mac - 7 (Bambu, Psycho, Anton, DVD, Litentric, Crimson, Ed)

Next round will be up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back