• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp
Twenty-seventh round of the High 8-C Brackets Begins! The winner of the last round was Neo.

The winner of this round will progress to the semifinals.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The contenders for this round are The Beheaded, submitted by Mr. Bambu, and Hiei, submitted by RotofBots.

Spirit Detective Arc Hiei is used. Speed is equalized. Battle takes place in Death Valley, assume it's a crazy-ass dry season and there's no vegetation or animals for miles around. They start 20m apart.

Beheaded is 8.76 Tons, Hiei backscales from 6.8 Tons.

The Beheaded -

Hiei -

Incon -

A249acde-0be1-4c54-a6e1-9f7cca0fef5a
Hiei 2

Wew.

Let's go. Long word time. For obvious reasons Beheaded's Immortality/Regen isn't in effect as he has no other dead things nearby to sustain him.

I need to know if Hiei by default has Jagan Eye and, if he does, how likely he is to open with it. To be clear...

• Attacking with the katana is a terrible idea, as the Transmutation will turn it to gold coins, which make for poor weapons.
  • Beheaded can reflect fire back at Hiei.
  • Meat Skewer allows Beheaded to go through Hiei and gain the element of surprise.
  • Just sheer versatility allows him to overwhelm Hiei just like you can overwhelm bosses in-game. With summons he can generate hordes of creatures who collectively shred bosses, he can temporarily keep people in place with root grenades, he can go invisible, he can make Hiei even more vulnerable to fire via covering him in oil, etc.
Basically Beheaded can clusterfuck him into the ground.

Hiei does by default have the Jagan eye. Opening with it however...eh.

Reflecting Hiei's fire, specifically his dark flames, back at Hiei is the absolutely worst thing Beheaded can do. Gives Hiei a power boost that would allow him to just one-shot Beheaded.

Explain on the making him stronger thing, he doesn't have Stat Amp.

If he doesn't open with Jagan I suppose it ain't very important.

Beheaded can reflect fire back at Hiei.

Ok, but someone already tried to do that but it was no use as not only can he remotely control his fire but he can also absorb it to increase his strength.

With summons he can generate hordes of creatures who collectively shred bosses

Hiei can control those creatures with his Jaga and turn them against Beheaded.

he can go invisible

Not much help since Hiei has very good enhanced senses and Clairvoyance. Hiei can also see ghosts and spirits which are invisible.

Attacking with the katana is a terrible idea, as the Transmutation will turn it to gold coins, which make for poor weapons

Can you show how his transmutation works?

As for what Hie can do:

• Paralyze him with a glare
  • Turn him insane when he looks at the Jagan or even possess him
  • Turn him into a demon with the Conjuring Blade

While he doesn't open with it, he's still privy to using it. Abusing it even.

Later on in the series, Hiei fires the Dragon of the Darkness Flame at Bui, a dude so much stronger than him that Bui got hit with the amount of energy required to one-shot Hiei without a scratch (And I mean that literally. Bui can control his attacks that he uses exactly as much energy needed to defeat his opponent with that attack. Given that Hiei wasn't hit before, it would've one-shot him. Hiei makes it hit Bui and Bui tanks it). Bui reflects the DotDF back at Hiei and it gave Hiei such a boost that Bui literally couldn't hurt him (again, mean that literally) and Hiei one-shot him in turn.

why does he not have this on the P&A

reee

I've been told he doesn't open with Jagan.

The transmutation works that weapons that hit his shield turn to gold. Pulling up a clip is a bit hard since the game is a Rogue-Like so... finding a clip where they have it is rough.

You're listing Jagan stuff. He apparently doesn't open with that stuff. Also... has he paralyzed something that's dead? Same thing for turning stuff insane, since Beheaded effectively doesn't have a mind to hax.

RotofBots said:
As for what Hie can do:

• Paralyze him with a glare
  • Turn him insane when he looks at the Jagan or even possess him
  • Turn him into a demon with the Conjuring Blade
Is is just me or does this sound too hax for this turnament to anyone else ?

So. Can he paralyze/mindhax what effectively is a dead object controlled by a tumor of cells? Has he shown anything similar?

Paralysis is generally achieved by afflicting damage to muscles/nerves/etc to the point where they cannot move.

This is a corpse. A rotting one at that. His muscles/nerves literally don't exist.

The real cal howard said:
I don't understand what that would have to do with paralysis...
Depends on how the paralysis works, is it like making his body stiff via biological means or is some invisible power straightening his body?

witchy finally taking notice of Beheaded finally being used

So he has a win-con I suppose.

Still, it seems like Beheaded can avoid the worst of the damage outside of Hiei's hax, and if paralyzed his summons/turrets/etc can still finish the job for him. Hiei attacking with anything else seems to be largely pointless and he doesn't insta-open with Jagan, much less this particular ability.

My vote for Big Mac Beheaded.

1. Apparently not, most people seem to think Tk is unrelated to Lifting Strength

2. If it was, Beheaded should be able to resist since he'd be comparable to The Hand of the King, even if downscaling somewhat.

In this arc was when Hiei was most ruthless and does indeed start with Jagan as seen in his fight with Yusuke.

And since Hiei's Jagan can work on ghosts/demons/spirits/zombies, it should work on the Beheaded.

why am I getting conflicting information on him starting with it

In-character and without prior knowledge

If he goes into his Jaganshi form, he's only using it. If he takes off his headband, he's definitely using it. He'll probably use his katana first but if Beheaded turns it into gold coins, he's definitely using it.

So

At first, no, and Beheaded is free to just freeze + summon + etc

and then, yes.

My vote stands, then. Beheaded has ample time to clusterfuck before Hiei haxes.

The important thing here is that he isnt opening with it, did i get that right?

If yes than i will go with the Beheaded for Bambus reasons. The Beheaded is an insanely prep focused character. Not in actual prep time, but prepping the field while he fights. Before he even clashes with Hiei, he probably throwed out traps and Sentry. While using grenades and stuff on his site, or many of his other gadgets.

Pretty dirty fighting style, that most likely will overwhelm Hiei before he decides to go for his Jagan. And even if he decides to Jagan, the battlefield is now riddled with traps and sentrys.

Neo dodges, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back